The Spanish coppers at it again!

GOAT

I just got a text from my pal he's just back from Seville telling me after the game they laid into our support. I've not seen anything on here or FF, anyone else heard anything?

EDIT: Article below...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHOCKED Rangers fans told last night how brutal Spanish riot cops laid into them at random in Seville.

Several suffered head injuries as the cops swung their batons at Scots trying to flee violence which broke out in a pub.

There were chants of "police brutality" after the frenzy just 200 yards from Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, as supporters made their way there for Gers' Champions League game.

The riots erupted as hundreds gathered in the street and in the local Lizannan bar - when Seville fans came in the back door and threw bottles inside.

Craig Hindle, 20, of Leeds, said: "A lot of fans ran out the front door.

"But police arrived in numbers and started lashing out at anyone they could find.

"Me and my uncle were taken to the floor and battened."

Grandma Moira Livingstone, 52, of Govan, Glasgow, wept: "I was just walking when I heard running behind me. The police hit my head with a baton."

Terrified staff at the Lizannan pulled down shutters with many fans still inside. Barman Felix Teran said: "Fans were drinking all day.

"They were not eating anything. Our toilet was broken and windows smashed. We got no help from police."

Rangers security chief Kenny Scott said: "I have been told there are some baton injuries. I am seeking to speak to the Seville police commander to establish what happened."

Last month, Rangers were fined £18,000 for trouble at the Unirea match in Bucharest.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/n...-at-anyone.html

You just know that certain elements in the papers will spin this differently:

"It's always Rangers fans" (even though it isn't);

"They always blame the police/stewards";

"Drinking all day without food";

"Toilets broken";

etc, etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but....

Not sure how long many of you have been on the board, but I've suffered this in Spain myself two years ago and posted about it.

Ended up in prison for a day, solely for being British. Got the absolute shit kicked out of me, and because I asked for a doctor, the two policemen accused my mate and I of assaulting them.

Let me get one thing perfectly clear; Spanish police are animals.

Racist thugs who will hit men, women and children at will. They have no brains, no personality. I actually wish a slow and excruciatingly painful death on every one and given the chance to meet the guy that done me, I wouldn't think twice about leaving him in a wheelchair.

They are barbaric. Every time I read that any of the Guarda Civil or Policia Local have been seriously injured, I have a little giggle to myself inside.

Unless it's for work, I will never return to Spain under any circumstances.

It does sound like we did nothing wrong but why is it always us, as fans we need to start asking ourselves that......

I do always wonder this myself, but i am under no illusion that a small scuffle between 5 folk and police always gets reported as a mass riot.

Not sure how long many of you have been on the board, but I've suffered this in Spain myself two years ago and posted about it.

Ended up in prison for a day, solely for being British. Got the absolute shit kicked out of me, and because I asked for a doctor, the two policemen accused my mate and I of assaulting them.

Let me get one thing perfectly clear; Spanish police are animals.

Racist thugs who will hit men, women and children at will. They have no brains, no personality. I actually wish a slow and excruciatingly painful death on every one and given the chance to meet the guy that done me, I wouldn't think twice about leaving him in a wheelchair.

They are barbaric. Every time I read that any of the Guarda Civil or Policia Local have been seriously injured, I have a little giggle to myself inside.

Unless it's for work, I will never return to Spain under any circumstances.

i agree they are thugs but i lived over malaga way for a while and they seem to be the opposite that end, if you even threaten a woman you would get yer head kicked in, no excuses for hitin a granny though

"Toilets broken";

etc, etc.

God, it's started already. I thought it would be the press, but...

It does sound like we did nothing wrong but why is it always us, as fans we need to start asking ourselves that......

"Toilets broken";

etc, etc.

I would imagine i have been enough european trips to comment on what happens. Too many people hammered acting the arsehole if we be perfectly honest. I wasn't there so i am not judging anything about this incident or accusing anyone of anything but you have to question why these incidents keep happening.

If we can't have sensible discussions about without arsehole posts like yours we will never sort out the problem

"Toilets broken";

etc, etc.

I would imagine i have been enough european trips to comment on what happens. Too many people hammered acting the arsehole if we be perfectly honest. I wasn't there so i am not judging anything about this incident or accusing anyone of anything but you have to question why these incidents keep happening.

If we can't have sensible discussions about without arsehole posts like yours we will never sort out the problem

Difference is, in this instance our fans weren't the problem in any shape or form, did you actually read the Sun's article which is normally demeaning us.

Seville fans came in the back door and threw bottles, Rangers fans ran out the front door and were attacked by riot police, there was no provocation from our fans in any shape or form.

So maybe you should look at what you posted and wonder why there is criticism.

Resorting to insults, eh? While asking for sensible discussion? You couldn't make it up!

Anyway, what I mean by my post is that - on this occasion - it seems that Spanish Police have been very heavy handed with supporters who are doing nothing wrong. They might be drunk, but the Spanish Police have gone in heavy handed and batoned anything in their way.

They have history of doing this. They have done it to supporters of many teams. With the evidence available at the moment, and the history of the Spanish Police, I think the conclusion is quite easily reached that the Rangers support did nothing that other fans don't do, and the Spanish Police are at fault here.

Your comment to all this was "why is it always us, as fans we need to start asking ourselves that......" Yes, you qualified it with "it sounds like we did nothing wrong," but if you believe that why add the rest? If we did nothing wrong, we have nothing to ask ourselves on this occasion. It certainly is not always us, that question is nonsense. Also strangely predictable, as I had predicted it a couple of hours before your post.

Your questions are ones I'd expect from the press looking to find something to blame the supporters for in this instance, not from one of our own.

As it happens, I agree that there is a problem that needs to be addressed in the Rangers support abroad. Anyone who doesn't has their head in the sand. On this occasion, your questions were unneccesary and in one instance plain wrong.

As i wonder why it's always us that's why I included that.

What do we do that makes the spannish cops or the seville fans attack us, does this happen to every other team? the reason i ask is not to have a go it's to try and understand why the hell this keeps happening.

My honest opinion is we are seen as a group of english fans due to our UJ's etc and are treated in the same way they would be, and the guys that overdo it don't help either. Now we are getting a reputation we don't deserve i can only think problems like this are going to happen more often because of that.

its been happening for years in spain got batton charged and lifted in osasuna held for the night got a kicking in

the nick and that was just for messing about playing football and jumping in and out the fountain in the main square

in 1985. then they held all rangers supporters back at the end of the game with batten charges as the osasuna fans were

pelting us with everything and anything they could got there hands on bastards. even on the way home they pulled our busses

over when going over the mountains had their guns trained on our windows hit the bus driver with a batton and intimidated us

all the way to the border. hate those fucking animal bastards. then was caught up in a stand off in barcelona on las ramblas going

for a pizza with my missus and watched as those bastards attacked and hit any one with rangers colours on at random they are a fucking

disgrace would never go back to watch rangers in spain.