Beasley wants to stay at Rangers

alexceerfc

DaMarcus Beasley looking for a fresh start at Rangers

Dec 10 2009

DAMARCUS Beasley is hoping his efforts in the Champions League clash against Sevilla can help him resurrect his Rangers career with the World Cup looming this summer.

The United States international's first team opportunities have been limited this season and the 27-year-old was recently quoted on a website saying he wanted to quit the Scottish champions in search of first team football elsewhere.

He has held talks with boss Walter Smith over his future but refused to be drawn on the comments attributed to him about wanting a move elsewhere.

Instead, he is hoping his involvement in the final European match of the season can prove to be the catalyst for the remainder of the campaign ahead of South Africa in the summer, where he is set to come up against club-mate Madjid Bougherra's Algeria, as well as England.

"It's always a bonus to start and to play," he said.

"I've always said that I want to play and I've always said I want to stay. The gaffer and I have had a talk and what was said remains between me and him.

"He knows I want to play and hopefully over the next month if I keep working hard and training hard, I can try to get back in the team. Personally, I will take it one game at a time and hopefully I can retain my position for Saturday.

"I don't have anything to prove. I'm confident in my own ability. If I do make the World Cup squad and get back into the Rangers team, I don't think I've got anything to prove with what I've done in the past.

"It's just about me playing well and playing for the team. Obviously I want to show my best. I want to show that I belong in the team, that I belong at the World Cup.

"It's an important six months for myself and I just want to show what I can do."

Excellent!

Last thing we need is another player leaving this watered-down squad.

But its Da Marcus John :(

We don't exactly have many other quality options

Ok give him a chance out on the left, but the few years hes been here hes done fuck all :lol:

As usual he doesn't get the credit he deserves for the effort he's put into twitter since he's been here *smh*

Fuck Beasley.

I do not think I have seen a worse quote from a footballer in recent times;

"I don't have anything to prove. I'm confident in my own ability. If I do make the World Cup squad and get back into the Rangers team, I don't think I've got anything to prove with what I've done in the past.

Nothing to prove? How about the £10k or so wages you take in for not even average preformances. Never has he ever looked close to being a first team player, hardly even worth a place in the squad.

You have tens of thousans of people to prove yourself to - the people who pay your wages!

Secondly - Who gives a fuck what you done in the past. He done alright at PSV so he can play pish here. Its o.k, I scored a few goals 5 years ago so I can get away with playing shite now.

Awful attitude from a player who has never, and will never, make the grade here.

Good night and Good riddance.

If he goes he won't be replaced, I'd rather have the wee fella as an option than no-one.

Edit: Plus he looked sharp at the weekend playing on the left.

10++ wages a week :anguish:

I heard he looked decent on the left at the weekend but how long will that last?? :anguish:

We wouldn't replace those wages tho Prod. We'd just be left with smaller squad.

I know it's short-sighted but celtic will strengthen in January, I'd rather not see us weaken.

"It's an important six months for myself and I just want to show what I can do." :anguish:

youve shown what you can do

ye fall on yer erse anytime someone comes near ye ffs

spot on mate - he can GTF, the fanny.

rather give a youth a run out than this wanker again.

Give him a run in his proper position. The only player who brings width and balance!

mate, he is pure pish.

yes he has done it at other clubs,

and yes about 3 times for us - but if your pish 99% of the time, then your, er, PISH!