Real Madrid are after Cueller

Real Madrid won't be signing Cuellar in January. Left back is the position that the club wants to strengthen and if anyone comes in it will be either Gael Clichy or Patrice Evra.

:lol: Yeh I've heard Fergie and Wenger are keen to get those two off their books.

As for Cuellar, great player, plays it very simple and is solid as a rock, exactly the type of player Real need and undoubtedly has the calliber IMO.

Real Madrid won't be signing Cuellar in January. Left back is the position that the club wants to strengthen and if anyone comes in it will be either Gael Clichy or Patrice Evra.

:lol: Yeh I've heard Fergie and Wenger are keen to get those two of their books.

As for Cuellar, great player, plays it very simple and is solid as a rock, exactly the type of player Real need and undoubtedly has the calluber IMO.

To be fair, no any less keen that Fergie was to get Ronaldo off his books or Benitez was to get Alonso off his books....

:lol: Yeh I've heard Fergie and Wenger are keen to get those two of their books.

As for Cuellar, great player, plays it very simple and is solid as a rock, exactly the type of player Real need and undoubtedly has the calluber IMO.

To be fair, no any less keen that Fergie was to get Ronaldo off his books or Benitez was to get Alonso off his books....

Not sure Benitez should be mentioned in the same discussion as SAF or Wenger!

Bute yes, fair point I suppose but that was only due to the astronomical transfer fee - £80m FFS, didn't really give him much choice.

There is no way that Fergie will want to sell Evra in January , simply because he is unreplaceable - arguably the best LB in the world. I guess you could say "what if they offered £60m" but I can't see this transfer happening whatsovever.

As for Clichy, good player but still not up there with best LB's in the world IMO, due to his defensive frailties - if Real want to splash some crazy cash on him, Wenger would probably say yes, with Gibbs as a replacement but I don't think Real would be that stupid.

Pepe isn't shite.

I have no idea why anyone would even think that, he's one of the six best defenders in Europe.

How bad is his injury?

Out until the summer at least. Will probably miss the World Cup.

Saying Real Madrid's defence is shite is like saying Brazillian keepers are all pish. It seems to be a mantra but just isn't the case.

Their defence is shite though. Good individuals, but they don't gel well, they leak stupid goals all the time.

Pepe isn't shite.

I have no idea why anyone would even think that, he's one of the six best defenders in Europe.

How bad is his injury?

He's cutting it fine for the World Cup.

Go on then, give us your six :pipe:

Happily :pipe:

Mexes

Pepe

Vidic

Thiago Silva

Pique

A fit Rio Ferdinand.

No Puyol? <cr> he's been fantastic every game i've watched Barcelona this season. Wouldn't expect anything else. :praise:

Arbeloa has done well for Real when played at left back.

He's cutting it fine for the World Cup.

Go on then, give us your six :pipe:

Happily :pipe:

Mexes

Pepe

Vidic

Thiago Silva

Pique

A fit Rio Ferdinand.

You having a laugh?

Where the hell is McCulloch? :mad:

:lol: :lol:

Hes better, in fact his class is out of this world, thats why he can`t be nominated :praise:

Cuellar is good enough for Madrid, he's a brilliant defender and would be perfect for them as he isn't a calamity like Pepe. Too many folk think playing for Real Madrid takes something superhuman, it doesn't.

Are you kidden me? The same Pepe that has been outstanding this season and at times covering for others in the Madrid defence?

Cuellar is good enough for Madrid, he's a brilliant defender and would be perfect for them as he isn't a calamity like Pepe. Too many folk think playing for Real Madrid takes something superhuman, it doesn't.

You mean the same Pepe that made basically every La Liga team of the year last year and was an absolute bedrock for Juande Ramos? The same Pepe who's pace at the back underpins the entire Real Madrid system? That 'calamity'? Don't talk fucking shite.

And Ryan Giggs won Sports Personality of the Year for doing fuck all, so what? A couple of 'awards' in Spanish tabloids doesn't mean anything. Pepe isn't even near the standard of Carvalho. The Real Madrid defence is their weakest link, remember Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 0 about what 9 months ago? He cost what, £30 million quid as well from Porto? Cuellar and Dunne are a beter partnership than Pepe and Albiol, and they cost £42 million compared to the roughly £13 million for the Villa pair.

He's not in the top 6 defenders in Europe, those are mostly consigned to England and Italy with probably Puyol being the best centre half in La Liga.

Steady on, Richard Dunne is in no way near the level of Raul Albiol or Pepe.

Cuellar is, and always has been, a class act. Slow start last season was probably attributed to his being played out of position. However, he has adapted well to that position.

Does a better job at RB than Glen Johnson does and Cuellar cost a lot less!

Would be something else if he actually went there though! Have we ever had a player go on to play for Real before?

We've had Gattuso go on to Milan and Van Bronckhorst go onto Barcelona who are both as big as Real nowadays. I don't think we've had anyone go onto Real before but could be wrong.