Real Madrid are after Cueller

Carlos%20Cuellar.jpeg

Carlos Cuellar's superb recent form for Aston Villa is set to earn him a Spain call-up in 2010 - and has alerted Real Madrid.

Spanish defender Cuellar, 28, had a slow start to his Villa career last term following a £7.8million move from Rangers in August 2008.

But the centre-back, who can also play full-back, has been superb this season for Martin O’Neill’s Champions League hopefuls.

And Mirrorsport can reveal the uncapped star has recently been told by Spanish scouts that he is being watched closely by the national team.

Cuellar is now aware he is on Spain coach Vicente del Bosque’s radar ahead of the World Cup next year.

And Madrid-born Cuellar, who used to play for Osasuna, also has admirers at Spanish giants Real.

The Bernabeu club are looking for a new defender in January after their Brazilian-born Portuguese stopper Pepe, 26, got badly injured.

Pepe was carried off last weekend against Valencia in tears after rupturing his right knee’s anterior cruciate ligament.

He is now expected to be out for six months and has stated that he is “completely destroyed”.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston...icle258027.html

Carlos cuellar would be an awsome signing for madrid. For me instead of Ronaldo and kaka they should have signed one and then signed a defender of cuellars quality. Carlos make no mistake about it is a fucking awsome defender

Cuellar is good enough for Madrid, he's a brilliant defender and would be perfect for them as he isn't a calamity like Pepe. Too many folk think playing for Real Madrid takes something superhuman, it doesn't.

and Real 's defence has been pretty poor this season as well

Cuellar is good enough for Madrid, he's a brilliant defender and would be perfect for them as he isn't a calamity like Pepe. Too many folk think playing for Real Madrid takes something superhuman, it doesn't.

Especially in defence, an area where they have always been pretty lacking.

i think he could do a good job there, here's hoping there is is some sort of sell on clause.

Hopefully there is, and there always should be when we are selling on quality players who have a potential resale, especially as we are now "bringing through decent youngsters"

You mean the same Pepe that made basically every La Liga team of the year last year and was an absolute bedrock for Juande Ramos? The same Pepe who's pace at the back underpins the entire Real Madrid system? That 'calamity'? Don't talk fucking shite.

and Real 's defence has been pretty poor this season as well

Nothing new, actually. Would love to see them with empty hands in the end of the season.

Pepe isn't shite.

I have no idea why anyone would even think that, he's one of the six best defenders in Europe.

How bad is his injury?

Out until the summer at least. Will probably miss the World Cup.

Saying Real Madrid's defence is shite is like saying Brazillian keepers are all pish. It seems to be a mantra but just isn't the case.

Pepe isn't shite.

I have no idea why anyone would even think that, he's one of the six best defenders in Europe.

How bad is his injury?

He's cutting it fine for the World Cup.

Go on then, give us your six :pipe:

Happily :pipe:

Mexes

Pepe

Vidic

Thiago Silva

Pique

A fit Rio Ferdinand.

Pepe isn't shite.

How bad is his injury?

Out until the summer at least. Will probably miss the World Cup.

Saying Real Madrid's defence is shite is like saying Brazillian keepers are all pish. It seems to be a mantra but just isn't the case.

Julio Cesar, Marcos, Dida, Taffarel :drool:

Pepe isn't shite.

How bad is his injury?

He's cutting it fine for the World Cup.

Go on then, give us your six :pipe:

Happily :pipe:

Mexes

Pepe

Vidic

Thiago Silva

Pique

A fit Rio Ferdinand.

I'd have Marchena up near there.

And Danny Wilson :pipe: