Bougherra Not Seeking Summer Move

FlippinEck

By Andrew Dickson

MADJID BOUGHERRA insists he is not actively seeking a move from Rangers next summer and is adamant he wants to stay at the club.

The Algerian defender has said he wants to the season out at Ibrox before he heads to the World Cup with his country in June.

Madjid BougherraBut he maintains that doesn't mean that after that competition he'll want to go elsewhere and he's keen to see out the rest of his contract.

Bougherra is tied to the Light Blues until the summer of 2012 and has suggested he could even stay longer than that if the club wants him to.

He said: "I will have two years of my contract left at the end of the season so it is not for me to say I'll leave in the summer as it's not me who makes that decision.

"When I said I don't want to leave in January and that I wanted to stay for the whole season, that doesn't mean I want to go after that. I will still have two years left then and I want to stay. If I am here for two years more then good as I feel good here.

"I will go to the World Cup and we will see what happens after that. Maybe I will sign a new contract with Rangers, who knows?

"I have never said I want to leave in the summer, I can't say that. I have won trophies here, I'm playing in all the games and I've got to play in the Champions League. Everything is good for me to progress. Last year I said I would stay and I am still here so now I say to the fans to listen to me. Don't listen to things around you."

Not really the same as what Carlos said but at least shows us that there has probably been a bit of media spin on his comments... we all know in the end that a good offer for him from a big club would probably tempt him though

Pretty transparent interview - it's obvious he wants to leave in the summer but has released this statement to get the fans back on his side.

Hopefully he will have a good season, we win the league and get good money for him. If he does actually happen to stay, then obviously that would a good thing, but I can't see it.

I dont know why any football fan ever believes a player who says they dont want to move. The bottom line is that no matter what they say in interviews, if a bigger club from a better league comes in and offers much more money the player will always move. The only exceptions are the guys already at the top European clubs who can really only move sideways.

as an Algerian what I understand from this interview... is Bougherra is saying I respect this club... I like this club, I like the fans and respect them and I like to be here...so if I'm staying I wouldn't mind it at all...in the other hand think from a footballer perspective...the carreer of a footballer is short and who doesn't want to play in a big clubs...and who doesn't want to make more money, doesn't make them bad people or dishonest people!...I think it's fair enough, and I don't see bougherra or any other player can be more honest than that... yes he did some mistakes but who doesn't??...nobody is perfect! as long as he is honest and loyal to the club and give a 100%. I think Madjid is proud of his club and appreciate what this club has offered him and the fact that he is always seeking the fans understanding that's because he got respect for them... I see Bougherra always try to work things out either with the club, the coach or the fans through good communication and transparency ... but having said all that who knows maybe it's the club that wants to sell him and gain some money since he only got 2 years left maybe it's in the interest of the club to let him go...that's why bBougherra is saying"it's not in my hand"

as an Algerian what I understand from this interview... is Bougherra is saying I respect this club... I like this club, I like the fans and respect them and I like to be here...so if I'm staying I wouldn't mind it at all...in the other hand think from a footballer perspective...the carreer of a footballer is short and who doesn't want to play in a big clubs...and who doesn't want to make more money, doesn't make them bad people or dishonest people!...I think it's fair enough, and I don't see bougherra or any other player can be more honest than that... yes he did some mistakes but who doesn't??...nobody is perfect! as long as he is honest and loyal to the club and give a 100%. I think Madjid is proud of his club and appreciate what this club has offered him and the fact that he is always seeking the fans understanding that's because he got respect for them... I see Bougherra always try to work things out either with the club, the coach or the fans through good communication and transparency ... but having said all that who knows maybe it's the club that wants to sell him and gain some money since he only got 2 years left maybe it's in the interest of the club to let him go...that's why bBougherra is saying"it's not in my hand"

people should grow up, hes here appreciate it he will leave untill then enjoy what we have it could be worse

I dont know why any football fan ever believes a player who says they dont want to move. The bottom line is that no matter what they say in interviews, if a bigger club from a better league comes in and offers much more money the player will always move. The only exceptions are the guys already at the top European clubs who can really only move sideways.

excatly