Is McCoist in charge?

Guest The Brown Brogue

Guest The Brown Brogue

The complete change in style, ethos and performance since the Aberdeen/Sevilla games is like night and day. Do you think this is because McCoist been solely in charge for these games or at the very least has he been given more say in team affairs?

Guest The Brown Brogue
What a strange suggestion that is...

There is nothing to even hint that McCoist has had anything to do with team selection or style of play.

<cr>

Except that its been a complete turnaround from about 3 weeks ago. Why is it such a strange suggestion that Smith knowing he is likely out the door sooner rather than later would, give his protege a bit of responsibility to help his future career whoever that may be with?

i was asking this myself today. if you look back at the games mccoist took control of previously (in the 2 cups) we have always played with 2 wingers, usually novo and beasley.

personally i dont think he is in charge, but i do think he is getting much more input into the team

It's brilliant to see this, but must say it is also somewhat frustrating. I had faith we could play like this with effort, desire, and the right formations, as we've seen glimpses of it before. That's why it was so annoying watching that CL campaign - even though the opposition was miles better there than in the SPL, we still could have done soooo much better. :disappointment:

i was asking this myself today. if you look back at the games mccoist took control of previously (in the 2 cups) we have always played with 2 wingers, usually novo and beasley.

personally i dont think he is in charge, but i do think he is getting much more input into the team

agreed ,everything is kinda too positive and just fits into place now ,selection wise ,either that or walter has finally joined RM and is taking note..

agreed ,everything is kinda too positive and just fits into place now ,selection wise ,either that or walter has finally joined RM and is taking note..

Bingo - there's your answer. :lol:

Bingo - there's your answer. :lol:

Ever since I suggested we try the old 2-3-5 formation a few weeks back eh! DP? :unsure:

What a strange suggestion that is...

There is nothing to even hint that McCoist has had anything to do with team selection or style of play.

<cr>

Not so strange; Walter has never been in favour of playing wingers or playing attacking wide players. The last few games have been with a very differeent set up and philosophy from the usual Smith mindset.

I said the same thing on another post, heres my thinking behind it, WS has said time and again that hed like Ally to take over from him,therefore hes letting him have a run at managing things while WS looks on just to make sure that everythings ok, if you actually look at the body language of the players there all confident happy even that has to be own to joker ally.

The more I see it the more it seems apparent ie ally on the touchline barking out instructions, WS sitting down looking/assesing things, giving advice etc If indeed this is Allys team, then fk me have we got the next guardiola? albeit a fatter pastier one? I hope so!

I said the same thing on another post, heres my thinking behind it, WS has said time and again that hed like Ally to take over from him,therefore hes letting him have a run at managing things while WS looks on just to make sure that everythings ok, if you actually look at the body language of the players there all confident happy even that has to be own to joker ally.

The more I see it the more it seems apparent ie ally on the touchline barking out instructions, WS sitting down looking/assesing things, giving advice etc If indeed this is Allys team, then fk me have we got the next guardiola? albeit a fatter pastier one? I hope so!

Sorry mate. Wrong.