The Billy Boys

j1mgg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the song "I hope you die in your sleep Nacho Novo" been banned

It is in very bad taste and shows them up as scum but it is neither racist, bigoted or sectarian

Has the "Ibrox Disaster" song been banned yet

See above comment

Has the "Soon there'll be no Protestants at all" chant/song been banned yet

Needs to be examined by the authorities as this could be classed as sectarian, however could also be regarded as opinion

HAs the "Ooh Aah Up the Ra" chant been banned yet

For me, this is the one that deserves to get them up in front of SPL/SFA as this is in contravention of British Law is glorifying terrorist activites & organisations.

For me, if it is a choice between signing a song and possibly hurting the team or choosing other songs from our songbook i.e. Sash/Derry's Walls then i choose the latter.

Using the logic of "If they can do it then so can we" is just plain spurious and could easily land us in further deep doo doo.

Its about time our full support got behind each other and not fight against each other over the songs we sing, bad enough listening to the mhanky lot complain about our songs without our own fans. I see no reason as to why we should not be singing TBB.

Actually brings me to a text I had received on my phone earlier.

I remember the days, I remember the time

When being a Protestant wasn't a crime

You got lifted for thieving or dealing in hash

Not wearing a blue scarf or singing the sash

When the blue of the Rangers could be proudly worn

Not tramped in the gutter and treaded with scorn

When the songs of our culture were sang loud & clear

But now we're a culture riddled with fear

We can't tell those f****ns its time to go home

The Billy Boys gone, so is No Pope of Rome

We must stand together or together we fall

Like the days of Lord Carson we must answer the call

And shoulder to shoulder, Together lets stand

Lets fight for our Country, Lets reclaim our Land

NO SURRENDER

Until such times as other teams fans are singled out for the kind of shite we get i will be singing the Billy Boys at every opportunity.

I would like to see a court of law deem the word f***** to mean catholic when the f***** Brotherhood is open to all and not just catholics.

Too many fans scared of offending those who find our very existence offensive.

Has the "Soon there'll be no Protestants at all" chant/song been banned yet.

HAs the "Ooh Aah Up the Ra" chant been banned yet.

Too many cowards and handwringers in our club and our support and that is why we get fcuked over at every opportunity as our enemies know we are weak and not prepared to fight them any longer.

Well i've got news for them...many of us are prepared to take them on and take them on we will.

There's little point in talking about other songs. The fact of the matter is TBB has been banned. We have to look after ourselves.

As for a court of law deeming "f*****" to mean Catholic....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4422458.stm

Its about time our full support got behind each other and not fight against each other over the songs we sing, bad enough listening to the mhanky lot complain about our songs without our own fans. I see no reason as to why we should not be singing TBB.

Actually brings me to a text I had received on my phone earlier.

I remember the days, I remember the time

When being a Protestant wasn't a crime

You got lifted for thieving or dealing in hash

Not wearing a blue scarf or singing the sash

When the blue of the Rangers could be proudly worn

Not tramped in the gutter and treaded with scorn

When the songs of our culture were sang loud & clear

But now we're a culture riddled with fear

We can't tell those f****ns its time to go home

The Billy Boys gone, so is No Pope of Rome

We must stand together or together we fall

Like the days of Lord Carson we must answer the call

And shoulder to shoulder, Together lets stand

Lets fight for our Country, Lets reclaim our Land

NO SURRENDER

:D(tu) NO SURRENDER

I can sort of see why people are concerned about getting to the club into trouble, but at the same time I think the fans have the right to feel betrayed as Bain etc never defend us in these sort of situations. We all know for a fact that when you go into the fine details of the argument, The Famine Song is not sectarian. This is clear to see yet we, the fans who pay through the nose to watch our team and keep the club afloat, don't recieve any back-up or defence in return.

In my honest opinion, and a lot of people disagree but, fans at football games should be allowed to sing what they want. At the end of the day songs can't hurt you like physical violence can, and the songs are sung because they create an atmosphere, that reason alone.

Whilst I agree with the add ons to certain songs should stop the assembly and whoever else can go to hell regarding the Billy Boys.

I still do not believe UEFA banned Rangers fans from singing any versions of TBB. Murray spin IMO.

Until such times as other teams fans are singled out for the kind of shite we get i will be singing the Billy Boys at every opportunity.

I would like to see a court of law deem the word f***** to mean catholic when the f***** Brotherhood is open to all and not just catholics.

Too many cowards and handwringers in our club and our support and that is why we get fcuked over at every opportunity as our enemies know we are weak and not prepared to fight them any longer.

Well i've got news for them...many of us are prepared to take them on and take them on we will.

There's little point in talking about other songs. The fact of the matter is TBB has been banned. We have to look after ourselves.

where ?

The Billy Boys

News - Assembly News

It is fantastic that Rangers go into the festive period 4 points clear at the top of the SPL, and if we emerge from Easter Road and Parkhead with points in the bag we’ll be well placed to retain our title. As ever, we will be very much in the media spotlight and it doesn’t take a genius to work out that with both these key away games live on TV, close attention will be paid on the songs sung at our end of the ground.

There is still an element amongst our number using the ‘add-ons’ that have previously contributed to the Club being in disciplinary trouble with UEFA and a section of our support has recently developed "The Billy Boys" amnesia. It’s been a few years now since UEFA’s judgement but we all need to remember that TBB is banned.

There has been much debate about the song but TBB is getting the full treatment and creeping back into our songbook. Many argue it shouldn't be banned, that Rangers are singled out for disproportionate treatment and, yes, we hear versions of the tune elsewhere, but on this issue we are effectively on long-term probation with UEFA and therefore the SFA. See details of the UEFA Directive under Assembly and UEFA Directive drop down menus.

Like it or not, this song is banned and singing it is a deliberate invitation for more trouble to come our way.

We need to get the message out to ALL our supporters that TBB and the add-ons need to stop.

Why hand anything to our rivals which they use against us, especially when we’re top of the league?

The Rangers Supporters Assembly appeals to every Rangers fan to help us on this - it's in our own hands!

http://www.thebluenose.co.uk/news/assembly...ys-20091223317/

Fucking handwrining pricks hahahaha

Trying to sound smart by COMPLETELY MISSING THE POINT

Didnt realise the SPL was a UEFA tournament

I recall all the grief we have had over it, oh, wait a minute.....

cue the offended on here agreeing with it

where ?

Where where. does it say the law says f***** means catholic.

tool

its been sung in the last few LIVE matches so why bother telling us now ?

As much as I loved singing in the good old days it's got to stop. We all bleat about the press, SFA etc etc but we have to be able to put our own house in order. The vermin are still at it and it would be a great opportunity to grab the higher moral ground. Please lads for all those travelling to Edinburgh and Stadio de la Sheet Metal keep it real - Please!

tool

The Billy Boys

News - Assembly News

It is fantastic that Rangers go into the festive period 4 points clear at the top of the SPL, and if we emerge from Easter Road and Parkhead with points in the bag we’ll be well placed to retain our title. As ever, we will be very much in the media spotlight and it doesn’t take a genius to work out that with both these key away games live on TV, close attention will be paid on the songs sung at our end of the ground.

There is still an element amongst our number using the ‘add-ons’ that have previously contributed to the Club being in disciplinary trouble with UEFA and a section of our support has recently developed "The Billy Boys" amnesia. It’s been a few years now since UEFA’s judgement but we all need to remember that TBB is banned.

There has been much debate about the song but TBB is getting the full treatment and creeping back into our songbook. Many argue it shouldn't be banned, that Rangers are singled out for disproportionate treatment and, yes, we hear versions of the tune elsewhere, but on this issue we are effectively on long-term probation with UEFA and therefore the SFA. See details of the UEFA Directive under Assembly and UEFA Directive drop down menus.

Like it or not, this song is banned and singing it is a deliberate invitation for more trouble to come our way.

We need to get the message out to ALL our supporters that TBB and the add-ons need to stop.

Why hand anything to our rivals which they use against us, especially when we’re top of the league?

The Rangers Supporters Assembly appeals to every Rangers fan to help us on this - it's in our own hands!

Hi mate you are spot on, when we have our own fans agreeing, then what chance have we got.

The Billy Boys

News - Assembly News

Hi mate you are spot on, when we have our own fans agreeing, then what chance have we got.

Merry Xmas my good friend

Have to pull you up there though, they ARE NOT OUR OWN

That pretty much covers it. I think I will just post "tool" after every little cock munching T*** that comments like that (tu)