Lee McCulloch

some people stated yesterday that Lee knows how to play in a derby - the evidence showed this yesterday, he was the one with a bit of grit and fire, he made sevral interceptions and there was one i remeber when mcGeady skinned Broadfoot he was there to stop the cross - this shows for me that on his day he can be a fantastic player, but too inconsistant to be captain and argueably not good enough

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mcshagger would be a good leader but dont see how it would work out a goalkeeper being captain.

He needs to cut all the shite out of his game. Other than that yes he is.

I fully expect him to inherit the armband from Weir when he retires. An integral part of the team and has been instrumental in our recent run. His goal yesterday just shows how commited to the cause he is. I wonder where all of the witch-hunting party for him on here have gone, after his goal yesterday? :sherlock:

he scores 1 goal and you want tae dress up shite as lamb? ye not fooling us laddie. with opinions like that seems to me you needed more of a boat up the arse when u was a lad.

I take it the original post is a joke? He was supposed to be protecting the back four yet time and time again celtic midfielders were able to get between our midfield and defence and run at Weir and Wilson. He never got close enough to anyone to make tackles and his positioning was not good enough to enable him to break play up. As a defensive midfielder his performance was pathetic yesterday. Did the op watch the game?

I've not doubt he is a hard worker and he attacked the ball brilliantly for the goal but he is still a poor player. Hopfully when injuries lesses we will see the last of him in cm.

Er, the Celtic attacks which weren't going down the wings were mainly going from their defence to their strikers and missing out the midfield for a majority of the time, then you had the attacks that were going down the wings, there was only a small few of the attacks which actually went through the middle of the park with the ball being played on the ground, so I find it difficult to criticise a midfielder in these situations. For him to be effective with some of the attacks we would have had to play five in defense.

He wasn't any worse or any better than the majority of the players on the pitch yesterday.

I tend to agree with gsa here, PIB. The number of times Aids got the ball and McCulloch switched off was unreal. We all know he's going to cut inside and run at the centre backs, get in there and do your job Lee! :mad: Far from blaming him for all our woes yesterday, but he is in a defensive midfield role specifically to protect the back four, and he failed to do that yesterday.

Bar David Weir, there is no-one currently in our squad who is captain material.

(tu)

It's a situation which is going to have to change by the end of the season. Either someone will have to up their credentials, or we'll be stuck with a captain who is not up to the job.

No one in our squad is captain material.

Apart from Davie Weir, this is so true.

McGregor is far more vocal in motivating and bollocking the team than Weir - who is usually silent and gestureless to his teammates from what ive seen.

Davie's a top man and off the field the ideal captain, but on it, he's offer's no vocal leadership. Greegs does.

I fully expect him to inherit the armband from Weir when he retires. An integral part of the team and has been instrumental in our recent run. His goal yesterday just shows how commited to the cause he is. I wonder where all of the witch-hunting party for him on here have gone, after his goal yesterday? :sherlock:

Walter! Is that you? :rolleyes:

:P

McGregor is far more vocal in motivating and bollocking the team than Weir - who is usually silent and gestureless to his teammates from what ive seen.

Davie's a top man and off the field the ideal captain, but on it, he's offer's no vocal leadership. Greegs does.

I see McGregor as more of a latter-day Ferguson style captain. He does a lot of moaning and shouting to blame people, even when he's made the error himself. This is not meant to slag McGregor, he's playing very well, but I just don't see him as a captain.

Maybe if he learns to command his area and focusses his "motivational" shouting a bit...?

Present.

I see McGregor as more of a latter-day Ferguson style captain. He does a lot of moaning and shouting to blame people, even when he's made the error himself. This is not meant to slag McGregor, he's playing very well, but I just don't see him as a captain.

Maybe if he learns to command his area and focusses his "motivational" shouting a bit...?

To be fair im basing my judgement on the CL home games in particular - where Greegs was yelling at everyone to pull their socks up and Weir et al were all wondering around shoulders slumped.

I think the best skippers must actively drive on their teammates. The whole thing is probably overplayed to be honest.

mcculloch will struggle to get a game when thommo, edu and mendes are fully fit

CB we have wilson, weir, bougherra

CM davis, mendes, thommo, edu

CF miller, boyd

it will be tough for him to get a game

hes only turned it on in last few months

before that he was a whipping boy, got slaughtered everywhere and was in fact, shite!

maybe he is captain material, but i doubt at Rangers

(tu)

i dont rate him at all, but i do have to admit he has scored some vital goals and in last 4 games i think he has been terrific, is the coaching that good? or has big lees attitude changed? not sure but while hes been in team recently hes been good, but no captain.

there is only 1 real captain imho in our squad and hes in his last year here, Davie Weir, no-one and i mean no-one else FOR ME is captain material.

mccullochs probably as close as yel get but he wouldnt be in my strongest Rangers team.