Lee McCulloch

I fully expect him to inherit the armband from Weir when he retires. An integral part of the team and has been instrumental in our recent run. His goal yesterday just shows how commited to the cause he is. I wonder where all of the witch-hunting party for him on here have gone, after his goal yesterday? :sherlock:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would mean he'd need to play week in week out.

Whilst McCulloch has been ok lately,and playing well, we still have better options in the squad that once fit, will see him relegated to the bench.

Fair enough -- but Thomson is not one of them... so who then? Pedro is a far different player. Lee has earned a place in this squad -- imho of course.

I dont really like Lee in the team - he has been shite far too often.

But im also aware he is a FANTASTIC player when on form - he tore EPL teams apart on his own playing for shitey Wigan or whoever.

When he is up for it, and in form, he is brilliant - hopefully he can do that every week for us - but all too often he hasnt.

Yesterdays header was about as good a header as you can score - the aggression to get there was unstoppable.

IMHO Lee, just like Beasley, is more than good enough to play , but less than consitant enough to deserve it.

Hopefully the two of them are straightened out now and ready to be worthy of a gers shirt every week (tu)

Please god when Kevin Thomson is fit again McCulloch does not get anywhere near the team, apart from his goal yesterday he contributes nothing to the team, he stands in his own little area when the opposition are attacking and marks absolutely nobody and all he does is POINT while everybody runs in circles round about him. I have watched him week out week in since he came to Ibrox and a more useless player i have not seen in almost 50 years of watching Rangers, just because he scored against Smelltic (although i will admit it was a great header) please do not start any campaign to make him captain.

scored a couple of important goals this season but is infuriating to say the least, positionally guff and too often loses his bearings and makes a stupid tackle. He'll do for now but once we have injuries out the way he should be back out the team.

I take it the original post is a joke? He was supposed to be protecting the back four yet time and time again celtic midfielders were able to get between our midfield and defence and run at Weir and Wilson. He never got close enough to anyone to make tackles and his positioning was not good enough to enable him to break play up. As a defensive midfielder his performance was pathetic yesterday. Did the op watch the game?

I've not doubt he is a hard worker and he attacked the ball brilliantly for the goal but he is still a poor player. Hopfully when injuries lesses we will see the last of him in cm.

I take it the original post is a joke? He was supposed to be protecting the back four yet time and time again celtic midfielders were able to get between our midfield and defence and run at Weir and Wilson. He never got close enough to anyone to make tackles and his positioning was not good enough to enable him to break play up. As a defensive midfielder his performance was pathetic yesterday. Did the op watch the game?

I've not doubt he is a hard worker and he attacked the ball brilliantly for the goal but he is still a poor player. Hopfully when injuries lesses we will see the last of him in cm.

Er, the Celtic attacks which weren't going down the wings were mainly going from their defence to their strikers and missing out the midfield for a majority of the time, then you had the attacks that were going down the wings, there was only a small few of the attacks which actually went through the middle of the park with the ball being played on the ground, so I find it difficult to criticise a midfielder in these situations. For him to be effective with some of the attacks we would have had to play five in defense.

He wasn't any worse or any better than the majority of the players on the pitch yesterday.

Despite his goal he is simply not good enough to play for us

cant pass, cant read the game and gives away too many stupid free-kicks in dangerous positions

although, he is not as bad as people make out he is still far below what is needed to be a Rangers player

My thoughts exactly.

Davis will be captain when Weir goes IMO.

Not a chance, would mean him having to play every week, and once everyone is fit, he should be nowhere near the starting 11!

Bar David Weir, there is no-one currently in our squad who is captain material.

Also, a goal doesn't make you a world-beater, and what has Kevin Thomson done to merit being the Rangers captain - he's struggling with injury, and struggles to control himself at times.

Lee did well yesterday and obviously scored a crucially important goal. I did notice he did seem to be instructing other player to get into positions yesterday, ive got to admit he looked every bit the captain. But he is too inconsistent to be named a captain for the full season although I wouldnt argue with him being vice.

I dont really like Lee in the team - he has been shite far too often.

But im also aware he is a FANTASTIC player when on form - he tore EPL teams apart on his own playing for shitey Wigan or whoever.

When he is up for it, and in form, he is brilliant - hopefully he can do that every week for us - but all too often he hasnt.

Yesterdays header was about as good a header as you can score - the aggression to get there was unstoppable.

IMHO Lee, just like Beasley, is more than good enough to play , but less than consitant enough to deserve it.

Hopefully the two of them are straightened out now and ready to be worthy of a gers shirt every week (tu)

(tu)