Say Boyd, Mendes, Boogie and Davis all left this month

Bobby83

How do you think we would line up?

Would Ness get a chance? Fleck get a start upfront?

As said before Wilson should have been getting 30 mins a game in anticipation of this, very short sighted. Although Weir can walk him through any dodgy games.

Mendes is the only player from that list who will be off

And c'mon it's Davis not "Davies"

Fuck me, I think I've seen it spelled wrong so often its caught on.

For the rest - it was purely hypothetical question. But can we really be sure with the banks on our arse?

there is nothing worse than rangers fans not spelling the players names right. we have had davies, adams and the like and it does my head in

edit we also have mendez according to some

And the odd "Thompson"

For the rest - it was purely hypothetical question. But can we really be sure with the banks on our arse?

they are not deciding who we sell, thats mHedia lies.

The Chairman will decide if any sale is going to happen.

In any case Davis and Pedro i could do without, but i really want Boughy and Boyd to stay, they will.

In any case Davis and Pedro i could do without, but i really want Boughy and Boyd to stay, they will.

You are joking aren't you??? <cr>

absolutely not, aye, hes been good last few weeks as has the whole team but all too often i find myself asking, is Davis playing? Why did he give ball away so easily? Going gets tough, he hides.

Just my opinion buddy, he is replacable.

I like him, im not against him but i dont rate him as highly as our fans.

absolutely not, aye, hes been good last few weeks as has the whole team but all too often i find myself asking, is Davis playing? Why did he give ball away so easily? Going gets tough, he hides.

Just my opinion buddy, he is replacable.

I like him, im not against him but i dont rate him as highly as our fans.

That's the bit I have a concern with, under our current financial climate who could be get to replace him? He's played a lot better recently because he's been getting played in his proper and preferred position rather than out on the right.

Poetry in Blue -

i agree wih you, hes a centre mid, no doubt, there are, at the moment, only 2 centre mid berths(4-4-2) and i feel comfortable with any 2 from Edu(when fit), Thomson(when fit), Davis(on form), Pedro(when fit) and aaarrrggghh Big Lee(on current form) in there, so i think we could do without him if moneys right, im not asking for him to be sold, hes a decent enough player, i just think hes more inconsistant than other players, but while hes still here, he would be in my team if hes playing well. He is just now.

4-4-2, i cant pick a midfield coz i dont think we have the players to be successful with 4-4-2 long term, no wide men who we can rely on, but middle 2 could be

Edu----Thommo

Mendes---Edu

Mendes---Thommp

if it was my team, i like the sound of the diamond 4 midfield

---------------Edu----------------

Mendes-------------Thomson

--------------Davis---------------

no width but plenty of everything else, they would create chances and dominate games, far too often our central midfield 2 have been found wanting, over-run by provincial clubs and out-classed by european opposition.

while Davis is here he will continue to be "guaranteed" a game, which i dont think is good for players mentalities but i have no problem with the player, while hes here i would play him if hes on form, right now he is, in past he hasnt been, i just think he is saleable and not as indespensible as some fans think.

its only an opinion

Edu, Thomson and Mendes are all more defensive midfielders whereas Davis is an attacking midfielder, so to me it would have to be Davis with one of the other 3 (or McCulloch) behind him, and preferably with two wide attacking players. Didn't mention McCulloch as a defensive midfielder as he seems to be a Jack of all trades, master of none! Even credit given where it's due, he has been doing well for us and long may that continue.

Having a midfield of Edu, Thomson, Mendes and Davis to me is far too defensive, and lacks the speed that Novo and Beasely gave us when fit.

Agree it's all own personal opionions (tu)

Edu, Thomson and Mendes are all more defensive midfielders whereas Davis is an attacking midfielder, so to me it would have to be Davis with one of the other 3 (or McCulloch) behind him, and preferably with two wide attacking players. Didn't mention McCulloch as a defensive midfielder as he seems to be a Jack of all trades, master of none! Even credit given where it's due, he has been doing well for us and long may that continue.

Having a midfield of Edu, Thomson, Mendes and Davis to me is far too defensive, and lacks the speed that Novo and Beasely gave us when fit.

Agree it's all own personal opionions (tu)

he should get more goals if hes an attacking mid

i totally agree on Big Lee, hes a bag of shite but will give ye everything

i just said to Muff there on another thread, i wouldnt play with width, novo and beasley are/were both doing well but for me they are not good enough and Nachos way out of position out wide, he couldnt cross the road the wee man! lol

it may be a defensive 4(diamond) but it has steel, dig, fight, will to win and enough creativity and possible goals i feel, its just my opinion, i think it would work, the 4 of them wouldnt just sit on our 18 yard line, they have to go and play, do their thing to win the match. it does lack speed(although Edus very quick) but its very strong and i cant see any of them happy to sit on a bench.

(tu)