Madjid Bougherra playing today

TheLordCarson

These are 2 of the biggest tournament ever,the ACON's is a mickey mouse tournament.It serves no purpose.

Thats a very narrow minded view.

Why?

Because it obviously does serve a purpose or hundreds of players wouldn't be playing in it.

So how is that me being narrow minded?this is just my opinion,it's a shit tournament and i don't like it (tu)

It's narrow minded because it's clearly not a tournament that "serves no purpose"

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's narrow minded because it's clearly not a 'shite tournament'. WOuld you say the Euros are a shite tournament just because people in Africa probably don't care that much who wins it?
What you on about?It's my opinion,if you don't like it tough.

It's narrow minded because it's clearly not a 'shite tournament'. WOuld you say the Euros are a shite tournament just because people in Africa probably don't care that much who wins it?
What you on about?It's my narrow minded opinion,if you don't like it tough.

Edited that for you :pipe:

What you on about?It's my narrow minded opinion,if you don't like it tough.

Edited that for you :pipe:

Hahah I can see him taking the bait here.

I hope Algeria go on to win it. Why not? Madjid could do with the extra confidence boost that would bring him. He would be coming home with a winners medal and be on a real high. We should be coping better than we are without him anyway. Not enough players taking responsability.

Booghie being away also gives Danny Wilson games, we've seen after Magic came back from his injury that Walter won't rotate Weir and Danny which I think is a shame.

Not that that giving Danny Wilson games should be us deliberately giving ourselves a liability.

I hope Algeria go on to win it. Why not? Madjid could do with the extra confidence boost that would bring him. He would be coming home with a winners medal and be on a real high. We should be coping better than we are without him anyway. Not enough players taking responsability.

(tu)

MADJID BOUGHERRA will miss Rangers' next two games after he played a key role in helping Algeria come from behind to beat Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Ibrox defender got off to a terrible start against the Elephants in the last eight last night when his intervention led to their opener in Cabinda.

Yaya Toure's shot broke kindly off Bougherra for Chelsea's Soloman Kalou to put his team in front.

Algeria came back into the game five minutes before the break when Karim Matmour scored against the run of play after being set up by the Light Blues star.

But it seemed Ivory Coast would advance to the semi-finals when Kader Keita unleashed a screamer from nearly 30 yards to put them ahead again a minute from the end.

Not to be outdone, Bougherra bundled in another leveller just seconds later with his head to take the match into extra time.

And in the additional 30 minutes Algeria won it, with Charlie Adam's Blackpool team-mate Hameur Bouazza nodding home from six yards to seal a tremendous win.

Algeria will now meet either fierce rivals Egypt or Paul Le Guen's Cameroon in the last four, with the match taking place on Thursday night in Benguela.

Even if his side loses, it will be committed to playing in the third-place match on Saturday afternoon at the same venue.

Of course, if Bougherra wins instead at that next stage he'll have Sunday's final to look forward to in Angola's capital Luanda.

But either way, Algeria's progression yesterday means he'll miss the SPL game with St Mirren on Wednesday and the weekend clash with Falkirk at Ibrox.

Bougherra should be back, however, for the Co-op Cup semi-final with St Johnstone at Hampden Park on February 3.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1943221

Thank Fuck he'll be back for the St. Johnstone Game.. I was getting worried :rolleyes:

Thing is though, if Algeria win the tournament there will most likely be another Presedential party which Bougherra will no doubt ask to attend. He could miss the St Johnstone game if this is the case.

Thank Fuck he'll be back for the St. Johnstone Game.. I was getting worried :rolleyes:

Thing is though, if Algeria win the tournament there will most likely be another Presedential party which Bougherra will no doubt ask to attend. He could miss the St Johnstone game if this is the case.

I wouldnt grudge him that if they win it. And lets face it we are Rangers we should be ebating the likes of them anyway. Weir and Wilson can cope I am sure.

I wouldnt grudge him that if they win it. And lets face it we are Rangers we should be ebating the likes of them anyway. Weir and Wilson can cope I am sure.

(tu)

Good for Wilson too as I said earlier.

Booghie being away also gives Danny Wilson games, we've seen after Magic came back from his injury that Walter won't rotate Weir and Danny which I think is a shame.

Not that that giving Danny Wilson games should be us deliberately giving ourselves a liability.

Not looked at it from that point of view (tu)

I think we are a different team with Bougherra. I want him back right away, he is the best defender at the club by a country mile and is the basis from which many of our attacking play comes from.

See I would grudge him the party. We already gave him extra leave to attend one of these parties and he came back late missing a game due to it. We have game him plenty off leeway this season and fully expect him back as soon as possible.

MADJID BOUGHERRA will miss Rangers' next two games after he played a key role in helping Algeria come from behind to beat Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations.

The Ibrox defender got off to a terrible start against the Elephants in the last eight last night when his intervention led to their opener in Cabinda.

Yaya Toure's shot broke kindly off Bougherra for Chelsea's Soloman Kalou to put his team in front.

Algeria came back into the game five minutes before the break when Karim Matmour scored against the run of play after being set up by the Light Blues star.

But it seemed Ivory Coast would advance to the semi-finals when Kader Keita unleashed a screamer from nearly 30 yards to put them ahead again a minute from the end.

Not to be outdone, Bougherra bundled in another leveller just seconds later with his head to take the match into extra time.

And in the additional 30 minutes Algeria won it, with Charlie Adam's Blackpool team-mate Hameur Bouazza nodding home from six yards to seal a tremendous win.

Algeria will now meet either fierce rivals Egypt or Paul Le Guen's Cameroon in the last four, with the match taking place on Thursday night in Benguela.

Even if his side loses, it will be committed to playing in the third-place match on Saturday afternoon at the same venue.

Of course, if Bougherra wins instead at that next stage he'll have Sunday's final to look forward to in Angola's capital Luanda.

But either way, Algeria's progression yesterday means he'll miss the SPL game with St Mirren on Wednesday and the weekend clash with Falkirk at Ibrox.

Bougherra should be back, however, for the Co-op Cup semi-final with St Johnstone at Hampden Park on February 3.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1943221

"Bougherra bundled in another leveller just seconds later with his head "--- bundled, with his head... i need to see that.