Why do you think ...

mmrfc1873

Our manager is so afraid to take chance's with certain player in certain positions in the team, Fleck and Andrew little for example, both supposed to be striker's, possibly the future of our club yet they haven't had a chance in their proper positions at all even when we've been pumpin teams over the last couple of week's, Rangers 7 - 1 Dundee United for example, would it have been a real risk bringing the two on for the last 15 - 20 minutes to see what they could do, if they don't get a chance in the last couple of minutes in a game when were hammering teams to proof themselves and see if they could be potential options for when our main players get injured when will they get a chance, when we've ran out of options and they are sent in at the last minute with piles of pressure on them to do well. opinions ?

coz hes under pressure to win every game

and coz he is very set in his ways tactically, he doesnt do "coming out of his shell" much

hes a man to steady a sinking ship, but maybe not the man to take that ship any further

(tu)

and coz he is very set in his ways tactically, he doesnt do "coming out of his shell" much

hes a man to steady a sinking ship, but maybe not the man to take that ship any further

(tu)

nicely said, and agreed

(tu)

spot on

Our manager is so afraid to take chance's with certain player in certain positions in the team, Fleck and Andrew little for example, both supposed to be striker's, possibly the future of our club yet they haven't had a chance in their proper positions at all even when we've been pumpin teams over the last couple of week's, Rangers 7 - 1 Dundee United for example, would it have been a real risk bringing the two on for the last 15 - 20 minutes to see what they could do, if they don't get a chance in the last couple of minutes in a game when were hammering teams to proof themselves and see if they could be potential options for when our main players get injured when will they get a chance, when we've ran out of options and they are sent in at the last minute with piles of pressure on them to do well. opinions ?

I appreciate what you are saying but in the Dundee Utd game he had to bring Whittaker on to stop the attacks down our left hand side because at 3-1 with 10 men we were on the ropes.Thankfully Whittaker got the 4th goal with the remainder of the goals coming fairly late on.

I appreciate what you are saying but in the Dundee Utd game he had to bring Whittaker on to stop the attacks down our left hand side because at 3-1 with 10 men we were on the ropes.Thankfully Whittaker got the 4th goal with the remainder of the goals coming fairly late on.

TBH I actually forgot about miller getting sent off and the goals did come slightly later on doh but least you get what I'm saying :D

It's not just this time he has demonstrated this philosophy.

In his first reign, with a lot more money and argably less competition he played the follwoing players in the following positions;

Duncan Ferguson - left winger

Basile Boli - right back

Stuart McCall - sweeper

Craig Moore - midfield

and i could go on and on

He doesn't trust youngsters, Barry Ferguson was giving no chances and when he does it's out of position like Little and Fleck

I can only guess what type of strike force he puts out his week end but my huch is on one striker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That wasn't possible!!

He had to take off Papac at half time and Novo didn't last much longer into the 2nd half - both had to come off due to illness!!!

And to be fair to Walter, he brought Little on for Boyd that night!!

Other managers aren't under the pressure of every loss or draw being failure.

Other manager's aren't under the same pressure for the team to put in good performances every week (slated despite wins if the performance wasn't special).

So forgive Walter if he doesn't risk inexperienced players in a high risk ball game.

As Mali proved. There's no such thing as a "won by half time" football match.

wilson has earned his time on the pitch. fleck and little whilst playing ok, did not produce any more than a more experienced player. and when you have to win games you choose who's playing best, then experience

Other manager's aren't under the same pressure for the team to put in good performances every week (slated despite wins if the performance wasn't special).

So forgive Walter if he doesn't risk inexperienced players in a high risk ball game.

Other teams around the world are under more pressure than Rangers. Man Utd and Barcelona for example seem to manage to blood both local and foreign youngsters.

(tu)

I'd challenge that by saying that many-a-time has Smith went for the older player with less ability over the younger player with more ability.

And often, this ploy has backfired with some wayward results and some awful performances.

Other teams around the world are under more pressure than Rangers. Man Utd and Barcelona for example seem to manage to blood both local and foreign youngsters.

Man utd and that have quality players to over shadow a young player if they are having a bad game , were we dont if you know what i mean

Man United and Barcelona produce a much higher calibre of players than Rangers.

Well, they did - now they just buy them at 16 and take all the credit ;)

(tu)

I'd challenge that by saying that many-a-time has Smith went for the older player with less ability over the younger player with more ability.

And often, this ploy has backfired with some wayward results and some awful performances.

then thats not challenging what i said, thats agreeing with me

thats part of what i was saying, part of the "coming out his shell"(which means many things) is he is not expressive enough and bold enough to trust younger, sometimes hungrier players

(tu)

he certainly does not like trying new things, but i suppose that comes with the pressure hes under

I think they should get there chance, it'll only happen if and when a game is won.

Dont think watty will risk starting anymore then he has to now we're top.

only point is that there is too many fans out ther are to quick to criticise,

seen it happen to fleck a few times, maybe why he got pulled out the team

for a bit!!!

Plus, it's easy being a 18-year old in a side when there's world class players to cover your mistakes.

Imagine Wellbeck and Macheda in the same team as McCulloch and Lafferty?

Thats a good point actually.

It's very easy for Barca to blood the likes of Pedro because if he had a poor game he was covered by the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to back them up.

Youths have to come into the Rangers team and because there is a lack of quality they simply have to perform.

They can't be given the same freedom as youth players stepping into other teams.

He doesn't trust youngsters...

This old chestnut again. Craig Moore was 19 when he broke through. Remember a 17 year old named Charlie Miller making his debut to incredulity in the Rangers support? Should he have done better with McSwegan, Hagen, Pressley, Scott Wilson, Steven Boyack, Neil Murray and John Morrow? Maybe Barry Robson should have been given a shot instead of signing Gattuso? Or maybe the simple fact is none of these guys are Rangers Class?

By the way you can add Davie McPherson RB to that list, The Gaffer is not without his faults! ;)

Walter has always played players out of position and will never change his ways.

To be fair, I think you could look at just about any other club and see guys being played out of position

If these guys are being paid 5 figure sums every week you'd expect them to be able to perform outwith their comfort zone. If this translated into more fluid, dynamic football I doubt there would be too many on here grumbling about it, but unfortunately....