Cometh the hour, Cometh the Kid - Is Flecky ready?

mccoist355

a couple of questions..  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to see tried as a striker (as opposed to stuck out on the wing)?

• Novo
    • Naismith
    • Fleck
    • Loy
  2. 2. Correct course of action with Lafferty?

• Sell him asap and lose the wages
    • Drop him - despite injuries
    • Play him and hope he comes good
  3. 3. On current form only, who is our most effective central midfielder?

• McCulloch
    • Thomson
    • Edu

In answer to the OP's quetion in the headline... No.

Don't think he's ready. He has been very very poor in every game he has played. Little has been far more effective despite being deployed far less often. Has neither the build, intelligence or ability to retain possession at this level and while he might get away with flitting moments of genius in youth/reserve games it doesn't wash in the first team.

:blink:

Fleck had a good spell last season and - playing up front in his best position - a good game vs St Mirren at home this season:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=130120

Little has done nothing for the Rangers first team so far and disappointed me against Hamilton at the weekend.

IMHO I haven't seen him do anything yet. He had one run when he won a penalty and then converted it in a game last season. Then the press asked why he wasn't capped for Scotland before he was embarrassingly poor at the piggery. One run in two and a bit seasons of albeit limited first team exposure is poor in my eyes.

Should have been loaned out to the sticks like McInness and Miller to make or break him. Too high an opinion of himself for my liking.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with all the injuries and bans, it seems like Fleck does well to get 30 minutes here and there.

With that in mind, I'd imagine that every club in Scotland bar the scum would happily take him on a loan for two or three months.

Perhaps we should do the right thing and offer him out? Those in front of him in the pecking order cost too much to be dropped, and giving him games elsewhere would do him a world of good.

Even with all the injuries and bans, it seems like Fleck does well to get 30 minutes here and there.

With that in mind, I'd imagine that every club in Scotland bar the scum would happily take him on a loan for two or three months.

Perhaps we should do the right thing and offer him out? Those in front of him in the pecking order cost too much to be dropped, and giving him games elsewhere would do him a world of good.

i agree

Can't really understand why people want Novo upfront, the amount he has done for us in the last 5 or 6 games out in the wing is brilliant, he looks like a brand new player, don't mess with the system if its working.

Fleck isn't good enough. He's had plenty of chances but he's never really set it alight like he was built up to be. Hopefully he'll get better an that but I find if things aren't going our way, he hides and doesn't look for the ball. Which simply isn't good for him or the team.

Far too sensible. Wont happen.

Any club who had someone like Fleck in there ranks would try and fit him in to there team but not us not under WS we'll keep a lid on your potential until your so fed up at the situation that you'll eventually just sign for the likes of Falkirk or Cardiff(?) and make a name for yourself there. How I feel sorry for any player under 20 in the hands of Walter Smith!

think fleck may be off in the summer 12 months left on contract sounds like hes fed up . cant blame him

where is he gonna go tho? he is still young and should wait his chance. Look at the time mcgregor spent on the bench

Any club who had someone like Fleck in there ranks would try and fit him in to there team but not us not under WS we'll keep a lid on your potential until your so fed up at the situation that you'll eventually just sign for the likes of Falkirk or Cardiff(?) and make a name for yourself there. How I feel sorry for any player under 20 in the hands of Walter Smith!

If Fleck's fit they'll never be a better chance to start him as a striker than this Saturday

I said Loy because I would like to see him given a run of games.

For me Lafferty has to go, he wont I know that. I would love to be proved wrong and see him turn into a player but it seems like he thinks he has arrived already and is content on picking up a wage without delivering anything other than mediocrity.

And on current form McCulloch has to be the answer for the third question Edu has played 3/4 of a game against Celtic and Thomson has been shite.