239 members have voted

1. 1. Was 9 In A Row Worth It Now?

• Yes, the OP is a banana
    • No, I wear krisyrfc pyjamas

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you rather Celtic still held the record? no chance!

It was well worth it for the terrific football we played and the amazing moments.

Most clubs in the UK are in some sort of debt, ours just appears to be more highlighted than others, I would definitely not swap those times for the world.

correct me if im wrong but 9iar didnt cause our current state

wee Dick did!

u cudnt be more correct flecky. I think the OP is gettin his wires crossed sumwhere. 9 in a row was momentus for us at the time and still is to this day and was worth every penny however it did not cause our current financial plight

It was Dick Advocats spending that caused our current cash crisis, that combined with the poor player aquisition and management prior to the Kanusas game.

The losses in the last 2 years of the first Smith era were a total of £21 million. I think over the last 12 seasons our losses averaged around £12 million per season.Obviously the money spent by Advocaat caused huge losses but remember Dick had to buy almost a new squad in the close season when he arrived at the club.

Until recently we consistently paid wages higher than our domestic competitors and in the NIAR years we outspent and out paid english and european clubs.

For me winning 9 titles in a row was a dream and never to be regretted or forgotten.