A whooping great cock up from Sir Walter

mccoist355

If we had dropped points today all those criticising the OP would be doing the same to Walter, we were seriously shite and frankly we should be playing players in the correct positon, being makeshift is a recipe for disaster. We got lucky imo today.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Option A:

Play Whittaker on the left where he cant play

Shift Novo to striker where he is often ineffective

Move Davis to the right where is usually ineffective.

Play THREE players OUT of position.

Option B:

Bring Fleck in as striker where he belongs

Play Novo on the left flank where he's been so good recently

Play Davis in the centre where he's been so good recently

Play Whittaker on the right where is strongest

Was that decision really so difficult today?

As the first half embarrasment showed (our worst 45mins of the season), Walter came very close to costing us the game with that massive error judgement.

I agree with you mate. The good day results wise shouldn't mask what was a blunder, yet again, in terms of team selection. Winning the league by default is not good enough for me and most forward-thinking bears.

The sooner our off the field future is tied up, and a new manager brought in, the better.

Who were the subs today?

Alexander, Smith, Fleck, Little, Ness, Loy.

Could only put out 6 subs instead of 7.

Cheers, I couldn't work out if it was Loy from where I was sat. Would like to see him get a game.

If we had dropped points today all those criticising the OP would be doing the same to Walter, we were seriously shite and frankly we should be playing players in the correct positon, being makeshift is a recipe for disaster. We got lucky imo today.
That's the point,we didn't drop any points,so why are some people moaning? :D

It was truly awful performance, especially in the first half, but i can honestly say i don`t give a fuck.

We won the 3 points and if we manage to win all points in the next 5-6 games, i`m pretty sure we will be the champions.

The point is we had to change it to get the result, it was not working with the personnel and postions involved.

The point is we had to change it to get the result, it was not working with the personnel and postions involved.

So watty made a change and we won the game,so what is the problem? :D

Option A:

Option B:

As the first half embarrasment showed (our worst 45mins of the season), Walter came very close to costing us the game with that massive error judgement.

And you know this of course because you managed who?

Hmmm, just as I thought.

The midfield were non existent in the first half, the full team couldn't string a couple of passes together. Even if the players are out of position that doesn't excuse the lack of the basics.

you better watch what your saying, some on here will claim you dont know what your talking about, i tend to agree with ye

your second point is spot on also

(tu)

It was a shocking first half from us, Hamilton were just cutting right through us Thomson was ball watching for most of it. Second half was a bit better but the 3 points were all that mattered.

the point is, thank fuck hamilton are fucking rotten, or else by the time smith changes it, e may have been 2 goals behind

heres an question

would we have came back if hamilton had taken one of their chances and went ahead

todays line up would have suggested no

While I wouldn't criticise Smith today for putting out a side that won despite a horrific injury list, the nature of his decisions are the exact reason (or partly reason to) the decisions behind Fleck and Wilson saying no to new contracts.

Would Wylde have been any worse than Whittaker on the left wing? Would Fleck have been any worse than Lafferty up front?

It's not 'jobs for the boys', but not far from it.

In my humble opinion, of course.

Option A:

Option B:

Am a kinda ignorant cnut, is this a poem or jist mere whingin shite ? :sherlock:

The sooner our off the field future is tied up, and a new manager brought in, the better.

Yet another that doesn't apprecaiate a good thing when we've got it. :anguish:

What Walter Smith is achieving at the moment is incredible yet people such as you think there's someone out there that can do better.

Honestly. doh

What Walter Smith is achieving at the moment is incredible yet people such as you think there's someone out there that can do better.

Honestly. doh

Incredible on what basis?

the point is, thank fuck hamilton are fucking rotten, or else by the time smith changes it, e may have been 2 goals behind

heres an question

would we have came back if hamilton had taken one of their chances and went ahead

todays line up would have suggested no

That's a hypothetical question...

Option A:

Option B:

And you know this of course because you managed who?

Hmmm, just as I thought.

Out of interest, do you acutally disagree with my point that playing 3 players out of position, when there was (as above illustrates) no need to, was a very poor decision?

:rolleyes: waiting.....

While I wouldn't criticise Smith today for putting out a side that won despite a horrific injury list, the nature of his decisions are the exact reason (or partly reason to) the decisions behind Fleck and Wilson saying no to new contracts.

Would Wylde have been any worse than Whittaker on the left wing? Would Fleck have been any worse than Lafferty up front?

Sadly, you probably believe that. Fleck and Wilson have said "No" purely on the basis that their agent or agents can get them a far better deal down south. Nothing whatsoever to do with Walter Smith.

Honestly. doh

The fact we have an almost second string team out and we are still winning, the fact we are 9 points clear as well.

Sadly, you probably believe that. Fleck and Wilson have said "No" purely on the basis that their agent or agents can get them a far better deal down south. Nothing whatsoever to do with Walter Smith.

Of course I believe it.

We believe what we like. My belief there holds as much water as yours to be fair, neither of us know exactly why the contracts were rejected and we are both speculating.

Walter has given both those boys a chance at a very young age, to blame him for there heads being turned by the bright lights of the premiership is streching it a bit.......

The fact we have an almost second string team out and we are still winning, the fact we are 9 points clear as well.

McGregor, Papac, Weir, Broadfoot, Davis, Thomson and Lafferty are first-choice.

Walter has spent £25million on 11 of the first-team players currently in his squad, and Celtic are utter pish (and have been since 2005).

So what exactly is "incredible" about it?

Incredible is what Alex McLeish did in 2003 and 2005. That's incredible, given what he was up against.

Honestly. doh

Are you kidding me? doh

On the basis that he can't bring in any new players, on the basis that we haven't signed anyone for almost two years, on the basis that Lloyds are running the club and if a decent offer comes in for one of our top players he'll be unable to do anything about it.

On the basis he's also working without a contract, on the basis that we're 9 points clear of a Celtic side that would kill to have what we have in him - I'd say all things considered that's pretty "incredible" (tu)

Of course I believe it.

We believe what we like. My belief there holds as much water as yours to be fair, neither of us know exactly why the contracts were rejected and we are both speculating.

Apart from what Walter Smith said, but i guess your opinion is as valid as his..... <cr>