A whooping great cock up from Sir Walter

mccoist355

to the original post Walter smith is up there with jock wallace and the time to criticize managers is at the end of the season and then you do it wisely

Ok - forum rules changed, no criticising of our management til May 15th. (tu)

I love Walter and want him to stay at Rangers, but he frustrates the hell out of me sometimes.

Nothing wrong with a bit of discussion on a fans forum is there?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I wouldn't criticise Smith today for putting out a side that won despite a horrific injury list, the nature of his decisions are the exact reason (or partly reason to) the decisions behind Fleck and Wilson saying no to new contracts.

Would Wylde have been any worse than Whittaker on the left wing? Would Fleck have been any worse than Lafferty up front?

It's not 'jobs for the boys', but not far from it.

In my humble opinion, of course.

While I like both players you mentioned, the 2, Wilson and Fleck, are chasing the money, no doubt due to their agents, and, didnt deserve to start! their actions lately are more proving Smith is right about them, and, mentally, they arent ready. They are looking like becoming yet more players who wont fulfill their potential due to looking for the money

love how people are quick to jump on the OP about moaning when we won

hamilton are a god awful football team, that were made to look good today but a shocking team set up

Hamilton are a hard side to beat at their own ground. We went there today minus several key players and guys like Thomson and Edu still short of match fitness. It wasn't pretty but all that matters is we came away with all 3 points - bet the tims wish they could say the same after slipping at home to Falkirk who are bottom of the table. (tu)

this isnt about the tims though, the squad smith had available today should have brought us 3 points very easily, the fact that we took nearly 80mins to finally dominate a poor hamilton side is shambolic

all the OP is claiming is that smith didnt utilise the players he had available properly, and todays performance ould agree with that

also, thommo should be at a level of match fitness by now to easily match a hamilton team tats struggling in the SPL

the point is, thank fuck hamilton are fucking rotten, or else by the time smith changes it, e may have been 2 goals behind

heres an question

would we have came back if hamilton had taken one of their chances and went ahead

todays line up would have suggested no

That's a hypothetical question...

one day it wont be though

Well,this day it is (tu):D

Do you think he'd come out and say: "They're leaving because I haven't given them enough chances." :lol:

Come on! Smith knows how to play the media like a wee fiddle, he'll tell them what he wants like he always does.

As I said, I do actually believe their lack of 1st team action is a lot less to blame than the bright lights of England, I'm simply saying that it must be a factor in their decisions.

They will get far less chances in the premiership than they will at ibrox. I know footballers are daft wee boys but surely even they could work that out.

I find it interesting you think we should drop boogie, weir, miller or boyd to make way for these two. Neither has shown they are a better player than the established 1st teamers......

The question remains though -

why do the players not want to stay at Rangers?

The argument's a no-brainer. Stay here, improve as a player, become a hero at Rangers, then move for the massive bucks to a big English club a few years down the line.

The management at Rangers are wholly responsible for convincing the players for this, and so far, it seems they have failed (td)

In the long term we NEED Fleck and Wilson badly and it would be a travesty of mismanagement if they're allowed to leave.

Players do want to stay at rangers, at this point these two might not want to.

two 18 year olds that will get 1st team and european action would prefer to sit in some premiership teams reserve, i call that a real lack of ambition.......

The side issue with this is we are such a shambles off the park i don't blame players for lookign around, how that is the managers fault is beyond me.

I love it when we are 9 points clear the digs at walter get more and more ridiculous..... :lol:

Its the money, add to the fact they appear to be acting as if they have "made it". The hiughlighted line above is what they SHOULD do

hamilton are a god awful football team, that were made to look good today but a shocking team set up

Hamilton are a hard side to beat at their own ground. We went there today minus several key players and guys like Thomson and Edu still short of match fitness. It wasn't pretty but all that matters is we came away with all 3 points - bet the tims wish they could say the same after slipping at home to Falkirk who are bottom of the table. (tu)

this isnt about the tims though, the squad smith had available today should have brought us 3 points very easily, the fact that we took nearly 80mins to finally dominate a poor hamilton side is shambolic

all the OP is claiming is that smith didnt utilise the players he had available properly, and todays performance ould agree with that

also, thommo should be at a level of match fitness by now to easily match a hamilton team tats struggling in the SPL

Can I just say something here?......................................................

You haven't the first clue what you're on about. (tu)

While I wouldn't criticise Smith today for putting out a side that won despite a horrific injury list, the nature of his decisions are the exact reason (or partly reason to) the decisions behind Fleck and Wilson saying no to new contracts.

Would Wylde have been any worse than Whittaker on the left wing? Would Fleck have been any worse than Lafferty up front?

While I like both players you mentioned, the 2, Wilson and Fleck, are chasing the money, no doubt due to their agents, and, didnt deserve to start! their actions lately are more proving Smith is right about them, and, mentally, they arent ready. They are looking like becoming yet more players who wont fulfill their potential due to looking for the money

Why do you abdicate Smith and the management any responsibility for the players not, at the moment, fancying progressing at Rangers?

Now more than ever, I would hope at Ibrox our most talented youngsters are taken under the wing and left in no uncertain terms where their future should lie - a side winning silverware and playing Champions League football.

So far at least, there's been a failure to convince them that Scotland's greatest club is no better than the reserves of some english mob. Something's gone badly wrong there.

[also, thommo should be at a level of match fitness by now to easily match a hamilton team tats struggling in the SPL

Why? He's not played regularly since coming back from injury.

Do you think he'd come out and say: "They're leaving because I haven't given them enough chances." :lol:

Come on! Smith knows how to play the media like a wee fiddle, he'll tell them what he wants like he always does.

As I said, I do actually believe their lack of 1st team action is a lot less to blame than the bright lights of England, I'm simply saying that it must be a factor in their decisions.

They will get far less chances in the premiership than they will at ibrox. I know footballers are daft wee boys but surely even they could work that out.

I find it interesting you think we should drop boogie, weir, miller or boyd to make way for these two. Neither has shown they are a better player than the established 1st teamers......

The question remains though -

why do the players not want to stay at Rangers?

The argument's a no-brainer. Stay here, improve as a player, become a hero at Rangers, then move for the massive bucks to a big English club a few years down the line.

The management at Rangers are wholly responsible for convincing the players for this, and so far, it seems they have failed (td)

In the long term we NEED Fleck and Wilson badly and it would be a travesty of mismanagement if they're allowed to leave.

Players do want to stay at rangers, at this point these two might not want to.

two 18 year olds that will get 1st team and european action would prefer to sit in some premiership teams reserve, i call that a real lack of ambition.......

The side issue with this is we are such a shambles off the park i don't blame players for lookign around, how that is the managers fault is beyond me.

I love it when we are 9 points clear the digs at walter get more and more ridiculous..... :lol:

Its the money, add to the fact they appear to be acting as if they have "made it". The hiughlighted line above is what they SHOULD do

If that's true - Smith and the management team MUST be held responsible for that. Just as with Lafferty, if youngsters feet arent being kept on the ground sufficiently, they're being mis-managed.

Why do you abdicate Smith and the management any responsibility for the players not, at the moment, fancying progressing at Rangers?

Now more than ever, I would hope at Ibrox our most talented youngsters are taken under the wing and left in no uncertain terms where their future should lie - a side winning silverware and playing Champions League football.

So far at least, there's been a failure to convince them that Scotland's greatest club is no better than the reserves of some english mob. Something's gone badly wrong there.

If the players don't want to be here what can the manager actually do ? If danny wilson doesn't realise he won't be playing in games the size of old firm game or getting champions league experience if he moves down south than he is probably so thick the manager would be wasting his time.

Also you have presumed smith hasn't tried to keep them, that's a bit daft to be honest.

If that's true - Smith and the management team MUST be held responsible for that. Just as with Lafferty, if youngsters feet arent being kept on the ground sufficiently, they're being mis-managed.

:lol:

Fleck has been disciplined twice for not behaving, again if the player won't learn his lesson what can you do ?

you are desperate to have a go at smith for anything. All the experts on here told us smith was dfone and shoudl resign, we are now 9 points clear in the league and pish like this is what guys like you have been reduced to.

I actually feel quite sorry for you.... :lol:

Some people are just cunts no matter how they are managed ... starting to think Fleck fits into that bracket.

You're a tim i reckon.

Some people are just cunts no matter how they are managed ... starting to think Fleck fits into that bracket.

You're a tim i reckon.

He isn't but he does like a bit of attention...... (tu)

Can I just say something here?......................................................

You haven't the first clue what you're on about. (tu)

says the clown with how many different accounts/names on here

fact is hamilton dominated us today, if you wanna be happy at that because we scraped a lucky win then fair enough

i prefer to see us at least dominating games, especially against the SPL dross

Rangers always make our opponents look good, no matter who we play, we let them play

Rubbish - we've been destroying teams of late.

The key has been width.

By ditching Novo from left wing and shifting Davis out wide when he always cuts in, Watty lost the width we've had.

Anyway, 9 points clear - MIND THE GAP :D

I agree

I never seen the game today but as soon as i seen the line up i knew it would be one of those not pretty days

At the end of the day it worked and we are 9 points ahead of those horrible bastarts so Walter deserves massive credit under the circumstances

I just wish he would be bolder, as said, we destroyed teams when we played with width, even without key personel we could have destroyed Hamilton today playing that way IMO, obviously not in Walters

9 Clear happy new year

Then again maybe it's not about Rangers but about Scottish football as a whole, it's shite, I know it, you know it and I suspect they know it too.

As for you accusing Smith and his management team of failing to convince them their future's at Ibrox ?...Quite frankly that's just ridiculous.. These kids only see pound notes and have agents constantly in their ear about how much more thay can earn even in the Championship down South

We simply cannot compete at the moment, then again, maybe that's Walter's fault as well, evertything else is.

you are desperate to have a go at smith for anything. All the experts on here told us smith was dfone and shoudl resign, we are now 9 points clear in the league and pish like this is what guys like you have been reduced to.

I actually feel quite sorry for you.... :lol:

Yeah you're right. Very perceptive of you. To be honest, just can't stand the guy! Gotta get those sigs changed! doh

Fleck has been disciplined twice for not behaving, again if the player won't learn his lesson what can you do ?

Try harder (tu)

I didnt ;)

However, England is the "promised land", if they arent going to play much, would you not prefer to do that for 5,6, times the money? Of course.

Footballers are, in the main, cash grabbers these days, I have very little time for them. They leave, the next ones come in

fact is hamilton dominated us today, if you wanna be happy at that because we scraped a lucky win then fair enough

I'm not calling you names - am I?

Hamilton didn't dominate us, they played well, yes, but you've taken that a tad too far. McArthur and Neil are 2 very good players and they were up against Thomson and Edu who are both struggling for match fitness but got better as the game went on.

Sometimes it's about winning ugly, winning when you're not playing well. Today, we did that, and results elsewhere have shown what an important 3 points that could turn out to be.

You see, some people on here hate Walter Smith so much they almost want him to fail as if in some way that proves them right - I'm amazed he's not in the frame for hacking the the site yesterday. :sherlock:

Footballers are, in the main, cash grabbers these days, I have very little time for them. They leave, the next ones come in

Exactly. No loyalty should be expected from any player nowadays. We support the club, the staff constantly change.

I'm not calling you names - am I?

Hamilton didn't dominate us, they played well, yes, but you've taken that a tad too far. McArthur and Neil are 2 very good players and they were up against Thomson and Edu who are both struggling for match fitness but got better as the game went on.

Sometimes it's about winning ugly, winning when you're not playing well. Today, we did that, and results elsewhere have shown what an important 3 points that could turn out to be.

You see, some people on here hate Walter Smith so much they almost want him to fail as if in some way that proves them right - I'm amazed he's not in the frame for hacking the the site yesterday. :sherlock:

if mcarthur and neal are two very good players, why are they playing for hamilto and why arent they interational stars

the fact is we had8 full internationalists in the startig 11 today, and for most of the game hamilton were on top, if you cant see that you have you head far too deep in the sand

ad ive said it before, i dont ind winning ugly, especially when we are strugglig with injuries etc

but today smith got his starting tactics wrong IN MY OPINION,

why change such a dominating set up by moving davis out from centre mid i'll never know, ad despite our win, the move shoed up as a mistake today

3 games in a row now weve moved davis from the cetnre and deployed 2 defensive mids, and funnily enough the 3 games we ahve been fuckig horrendous