A whooping great cock up from Sir Walter

mccoist355

Option A:

Play Whittaker on the left where he cant play

Shift Novo to striker where he is often ineffective

Move Davis to the right where is usually ineffective.

Play THREE players OUT of position.

Option B:

Bring Fleck in as striker where he belongs

Play Novo on the left flank where he's been so good recently

Play Davis in the centre where he's been so good recently

Play Whittaker on the right where is strongest

Was that decision really so difficult today?

As the first half embarrasment showed (our worst 45mins of the season), Walter came very close to costing us the game with that massive error judgement.

Have to say, I was thinking the same thing exactly

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

says the clown with how many different accounts/names on here

fact is hamilton dominated us today, if you wanna be happy at that because we scraped a lucky win then fair enough

i prefer to see us at least dominating games, especially against the SPL dross

I'm not calling you names - am I?

Hamilton didn't dominate us, they played well, yes, but you've taken that a tad too far. McArthur and Neil are 2 very good players and they were up against Thomson and Edu who are both struggling for match fitness but got better as the game went on.

Sometimes it's about winning ugly, winning when you're not playing well. Today, we did that, and results elsewhere have shown what an important 3 points that could turn out to be.

You see, some people on here hate Walter Smith so much they almost want him to fail as if in some way that proves them right - I'm amazed he's not in the frame for hacking the the site yesterday. :sherlock:

if mcarthur and neal are two very good players, why are they playing for hamilto and why arent they interational stars

the fact is we had8 full internationalists in the startig 11 today, and for most of the game hamilton were on top, if you cant see that you have you head far too deep in the sand

ad ive said it before, i dont ind winning ugly, especially when we are strugglig with injuries etc

but today smith got his starting tactics wrong IN MY OPINION,

why change such a dominating set up by moving davis out from centre mid i'll never know, ad despite our win, the move shoed up as a mistake today

3 games in a row now weve moved davis from the cetnre and deployed 2 defensive mids, and funnily enough the 3 games we ahve been fuckig horrendous

With so many players missing it's obvious you've got to shuffle things around and all things considered we picked up three very good points at a ground where most teams struggle.

Listen, we're going round in circles here and to be honest you're boring me to tears.

We won, we're 9 points clear and I'm one happy bear depite you and your fellow Walter haters doing all in their power to take that away from me.

With the greatest respect.....

GIRFUY

:uk:

Option A:

Option B:

As the first half embarrasment showed (our worst 45mins of the season), Walter came very close to costing us the game with that massive error judgement.

I disagree with Option A as the first 2 are nonsense where one can point to Whittaker being effective there on the Uefa Cup run and Nacho...well scoring lots of goals up-front haha throughout his career haha and Davis can be effective out there but just not as effective as in the centre.

I agree with point B.

Do you think he'd come out and say: "They're leaving because I haven't given them enough chances." :lol:

Come on! Smith knows how to play the media like a wee fiddle, he'll tell them what he wants like he always does.

As I said, I do actually believe their lack of 1st team action is a lot less to blame than the bright lights of England, I'm simply saying that it must be a factor in their decisions.

I agree, GCL is never going to criticise Walter.

Option A:

Option B:

I agree but Walter knows what he is doing. I think Whittaker can play on either flank too.

3 points is all that matters (tu)

Do you think he'd come out and say: "They're leaving because I haven't given them enough chances." :lol:

Come on! Smith knows how to play the media like a wee fiddle, he'll tell them what he wants like he always does.

As I said, I do actually believe their lack of 1st team action is a lot less to blame than the bright lights of England, I'm simply saying that it must be a factor in their decisions.

I have done when he ha sgotten things wrong in the past, i certainly did after europe this season for an example.

I won't when papauguy just makes things up to suit himself..... :)

love how people are quick to jump on the OP about moaning when we won

hamilton are a god awful football team, that were made to look good today but a shocking team set up

Hamilton are a hard side to beat at their own ground. We went there today minus several key players and guys like Thomson and Edu still short of match fitness. It wasn't pretty but all that matters is we came away with all 3 points - bet the tims wish they could say the same after slipping at home to Falkirk who are bottom of the table. (tu)

I hate this cliche :lol:

I agree but Walter knows what he is doing. I think Whittaker can play on either flank too.

3 points is all that matters (tu)

Today it was, because we were awful.

But the 20odd lead in goal-difference that equates to an extra point wasnt won through playing pish!

Anyway, as of today, stopping us marching on to Two in a Row is officially out of septic's hands! :cheers: Definitely something to celebrate!

I have done when he ha sgotten things wrong in the past, i certainly did after europe this season for an example.

I won't when papauguy just makes things up to suit himself..... :)

:lol: Even Ethel kicked him onto the couch after that one! :D

Option A:

Option B:

Option C; don't play Whittaker at all as he is fucking awful whether it be in defence or midfield.

2 Players still unfiit after injuries (Thomson and Edu) - and 18 yo as Center Half - and so many changes in team and yet we still win - and some would STILL critisise the manager - go figure!

smith isnt getting criticised for his team selection, he's being criticised about where he played them

no denying it, todays performance was truely awful, we had no width and no creativity in midfield, at times there was a 40 yard hole between or strikers and the rest of the team

2 Players still unfiit after injuries (Thomson and Edu) - and 18 yo as Center Half - and so many changes in team and yet we still win - and some would STILL critisise the manager - go figure!

smith isnt getting criticised for his team selection, he's being criticised about where he played them

no denying it, todays performance was truely awful, we had no width and no creativity in midfield, at times there was a 40 yard hole between or strikers and the rest of the team

.. and my point is we won - Walter is manager - if he feels that the way he set up the team was the best balance for the team with the players available thats good enough for me and why try to second guess his rationale?

Kinda amusing people complaining about Walter playing Novo up front, um? in his natural position :lol:

Aye its quite ironic, but he has been fantastic wide left so far this season, and it would have been better to have him out wide than Davis or Whittaker. We could always have brought someone else in to play up front i.e Fleck. (tu)

Some folk give Walter grief for playing Novo wide left because his natural position is a striker.

Others are now giving him grief for playing him as a striker?

The words 'can't win' come to mind.

During our Uefa cup run Whittaker played wide left and done so very well.

Davis is a right sided midfielder.

We played they 2 in midfield along with Edu and Thomson due to a real lack of options. With that many players out its inevitable you're going to have to shift things about a bit.