Olivier Bernard

Lionel Letizi

William Stanger

Jerome Bonnisel

Jeremy Clement

Julian Roderiguez

Jose Karl Pierre Fan-Fan

and now Rothen.

What is it with pishy French players and Rangers?

French international Jerome Rothen is set to end his unhappy loan spell at Scottish giants Rangers and looks to be heading to Greek side Larissa.

The 31-year-old midfielder, who joined Rangers on loan from PSG in the summer, has struggled in Scotland.

Rothen has made just seven appearances for Rangers with his last start coming in the 4-1 home Champions League defeat to Unirea Urziceni.

Larissa have agreed the loan move with PSG and now have to convince the midfielder to leave Scotland for Greece.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-arti...gers-exit/5172/

Let's hope so (tu)

Basile Boli

Stephane Guivarch

Lionnel Charbonnair (A bit harsh here)

Olivier Bernard

Lionel Letizi

William Stanger

Jerome Bonnisel

Jeremy Clement

Julian Roderiguez

Jose Karl Pierre Fan-Fan

and now Rothen.

Very harsh on Charbonnier! I agree that French players seem to find it hard to adjust to life at Ibrox for whatever reason. It hadn't gone unnoticed to me and I was reticent about Le Guen's appointment as a result...

Basile Boli

Stephane Guivarch

Olivier Bernard

Lionel Letizi

William Stanger

Jerome Bonnisel

Jeremy Clement

Julian Roderiguez

Jose Karl Pierre Fan-Fan

and now Rothen.

Clement was a decent player. Rodriguez was solid and charbonnier was good.

Basile Boli

Stephane Guivarch

Olivier Bernard

Lionel Letizi

William Stanger

Jerome Bonnisel

Jeremy Clement

Julian Roderiguez

Jose Karl Pierre Fan-Fan

and now Rothen.

Clement was a decent player. Rodriguez was solid and charbonnier was good.

We will agree to disagree on that one.

might as well add darchvile to the list as well while yer at it.

See this used to tick me off. Cousin and Darcheville were always refered to as 'Frenchmen' when one was from French Guiana (South America) and the other from Gabon (Africa).

Julien Rodriguez was an an accident waiting to happen at Rangers. Not to say that he wasn't a decent player but like so many other Frenchmen here he struggled.

Funny all these players who come here and are keech for us and find form again after they leave, not that that's restricted to the French.

while he continues to draw the £18,000 a week Gers pay him as half his overall salary.

But with just 11 days of the transfer window remaining, Gers will be locked into paying the winger over £300,000 if Rothen can't find an escape route from his one-year loan deal from Paris Saint-Germain.

Absolutely disgraceful. Any wonder why we are in such dire financial straits :anguish:

French international Jerome Rothen is set to end his unhappy loan spell at Scottish giants Rangers and looks to be heading to Greek side Larissa.

The 31-year-old midfielder, who joined Rangers on loan from PSG in the summer, has struggled in Scotland.

Rothen has made just seven appearances for Rangers with his last start coming in the 4-1 home Champions League defeat to Unirea Urziceni.

Larissa have agreed the loan move with PSG and now have to convince the midfielder to leave Scotland for Greece.

Let's hope so (tu)

Fingers crossed, Larissa can convince him.

Let's hope so (tu)

Fingers crossed, Larissa can convince him.

St Etienne are also interested in him in a £300k move (!) according to what I was reading today. According to the article, Rothen had a flying visit to Ibrox today to hand in a sicknote. How long does it take to recover from flu?!

By GARETH LAW

Published: Today

Rangers are close to getting rid of Jerome Rothen - but they could still have to pick up half his wages.

Greek outfit Larissa are close to hammering out a deal which would see French flop Rothen leave Ibrox for good.

They would take over the season-long loan deal from Paris St Germain he signed on transfer deadline day - but would split his £18,000-a-week wages with Gers until the summer.

Rothen, currently suffering with swine flu, is praying a deal can be done after being told he could leave.

He said: "Rangers told me two months ago I could find another club.

"I have to find a solution and I am prepared to make concessions financially because I want to play.

"But they also have to find an agreement with PSG. Either I'm released and I can commit to another club or we find a solution for another loan deal.

"If none of this happens I'll be obliged to return to Glasgow, that will be difficult."

Rothen hasn't played for Gers since being diagnosed in November and met chief executive Martin Bain on Monday to discuss his health.

Rothen regrets moving to Ibrox. He added: "I thought going to Rangers and playing Champions League football was a good decision. It was going well but after we went out of the Champions League I was dropped and realised it would suit them financially if I found another club."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...Rothen-bid.html

So we would have to pay £9k a week, about £160k+ in all, for a player who is no longer at the club. I can't see that happening.

fuckin right, thats a disgrace, hes not even our player, hes hardly kicked a ball!!

Rangers' financial woes were given a lift yesterday when the club finally got shot of French flop Jerome Rothen - and avoided a £300,000 bill for the wantaway winger.

Rothen, 31, flew out to Turkey yesterday to pen a six-month loan deal with Ankaragucu after snubbing the advances of Greek sides Larissa and Kavala.

Gers had been servicing half Rothen's £36,000-a-week wages at French side PSG and would have been locked into the deal had he not been moved on during this transfer window.

With PSG refusing to rip up their loan arrangement on Rothen, Rangers feared they'd have to keep him until June.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21989054/

Rangers' financial woes were given a lift yesterday when the club finally got shot of French flop Jerome Rothen - and avoided a £300,000 bill for the wantaway winger.

Rothen, 31, flew out to Turkey yesterday to pen a six-month loan deal with Ankaragucu after snubbing the advances of Greek sides Larissa and Kavala.

Gers had been servicing half Rothen's £36,000-a-week wages at French side PSG and would have been locked into the deal had he not been moved on during this transfer window.

With PSG refusing to rip up their loan arrangement on Rothen, Rangers feared they'd have to keep him until June.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21989054/

Hopefully this is this case, and we have finally got rid of this waste of space (tu)

Just made 18 k a week available......hmmm......what do we need 18 k a week for.....

cant see it GCL

im not happy if we need to cut wage bill further just to keep other players

there comes a time where we have to stop downsizing and start progressing, the fans dont buy into downsizing i dont think

i wouldnt mind Rottens wage going towards something fresh

the money for our current players contracts should already be there

Rangers' financial woes were finally given a lift yesterday when the club finally got shot of French flop Jerome Rothen - and avoided a £300,000 bill for the wantaway winger.

With PSG refusing to rip up their loan agreement on Rothen, Rangers feared they'd have to keep him until June.

Good news (tu)

Sorry if its already been posted.