Anyone see; Rangers and Villa flag last night

The founder of villa was a rangers fan that's why their top is blue in the body and the marroon on the sleeves was because his wife was a Jambo.Ther crest is also loosely based on ours

There is no connection, just a fan who likes both clubs and decided to make a banner to show it.

:sherlock:

I prefer the former :craphead:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the telly last night fans on the pitch and someone was waving a flag/banner with the AV crest and 'The Establishment' Club crest as well - was a strange one for me - anyone else notice it? anyone shed light on it?

I see rangers flags everywhere, man city v utd, city fan had an ulster flag with city, rangers and linfield crests on it..

Theres the rangers flag with the hammers crossed irons on it, seen it at ibrox and upton park.

Went into the Bolyen pub at west ham and they were singing rangers songs once.

The founder of villa was a rangers fan that's why their top is blue in the body and the marroon on the sleeves was because his wife was a Jambo.Ther crest is also loosely based on ours

There is no connection, just a fan who likes both clubs and decided to make a banner to show it.

:sherlock:

Would you class that as a link? I wouldn't. Ask 90% of Villa fans if they care which team their founder supported and they will tell you they don't give a toss.

Seen plenty of Tricolours at Villa Park in the last couple of years, doesn't mean they have a connection with Celtic or Ireland. Just means that individual fans want to express their nationality or support of another team as well as Villa.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see. But any time these threads crop up everyone starts trying to make a connection. We are not tims.

Most people from Ulster or Ireland follow rangers or celtic and most also follow an english team. You can bet that there will be an ulster flag with a rangers crest or a tricolour with a celtic crest at most premiership matches. Outside the stadiums its also likely a stall will be selling half n half scarves with the club and rangers or the club and celtic on them. It means nothing. :craphead:

The Rangers flag during the Villa game there when everyone was on the park?

It was me - Aston Villa Loyal. Members of the Stoke On Trent RSC. We love the Villa we love the Gers ....... we are British and proud. WATP

We'll be at Ibrox on Saturday and we'll bring the flag with us and unfurl it at half time.

It was me - Aston Villa Loyal. Members of the Stoke On Trent RSC. We love the Villa we love the Gers ....... we are British and proud. WATP

We'll be at Ibrox on Saturday and we'll bring the flag with us and unfurl it at half time.

Welcome to the greatest forum in the world :)

:lol:

welcome

enjoy the game on saturday

(tu)

Ill give you a wave :craphead:

Villa was started by a bear. I was down in the 70's, we were treated like royalty and I still have friends down there. Villa fans love us. I dont even think O'Neill gives a shit, I'm sure I read he grew up a Man Utd fan. Only in Celtic fans head does he give a shit about them, their "cause" and their jealousy of us. He is a millionaire in charge of a club that was founded by one of us. FOLLOW FUCKING FOLLOW ! GIRFUY !