Stewards at Ibrox

davis1986

at the last 2 games at ibrox ( hamilton and hearts )

recently had problems wit stewards, at hamilton game we decided like many other fans 2 sit at the comfy seats under the screen. ther was already fans sittin ther and wen we went over the old steward said " get aff the seats" we said 2 cum on mate every 1 is sittin in them" 2 which he replied "dnt take the cunt sit in they seats" which wer the exact same seats lol. think the power got 2 his head but that woz only the start he kept on growling at us and basically any time we stood up he woz tellin us 2 stand down. i know in a way its his job, but cum on dnt be a complete jobsworth

and 2day at hearts game. there was vistors from northen ireland watchin game the 3 guys stood up and song follow follow. 2 which the steward at track side

reported them 2 his supervisor. basically not lettin the fans enjoy ther self. cud defiantly tell he woz a tim. then the crowd started chantin "grass" as a laugh

but he then went and got steward again who got the guy who started 2 sing grass threw out

it woz all abit of banter but the steward took it 2 serious.

has any 1 else had any recent run in wit stewards they wud like 2 share?

ps i know it sounds petty, but just wanted 2 know wot other rangers fan think?

Well when hearts scored the stewards did little when the fan broke the barrier open and ran on the trackside celebrating and the guy just stood there

yet wen little scored the ref ran over 2 tell him not 2 leave field yet the whole hearts team left the field barr the goalie and 1 other player

ive never been told to sit down or move seat by a steward EVER at ibrox or any other footy venue now that i think off it. i hav been told to move down to the exit wen every1 stands at the top of the stairs near the 90th min if theres maybe a goal on the cards or wateva, i just dingy them, i dont even acknowledge that they hav spoke 2 me, they get the msg qik enuf. point is-dont give them the time of day with a reply or any sort of acknowledge and its job done, its not like they can man handle u. do u ever see TBO sitting? no, never. stand up for ur rights bears

Well when hearts scored the stewards did little when the fan broke the barrier open and ran on the trackside celebrating and the guy just stood there

yet wen little scored the ref ran over 2 tell him not 2 leave field yet the whole hearts team left the field barr the goalie and 1 other player

:angry: :angry: Then we should have ran up the park & scored while they were celebrating!

Anyway, on the subject of Stewards, there was a one of them in the tunnel area during the Hamilton game. I was in the East Enclosure & there were only a couple of us prepared to sing. This steward spent the whole game just staring at the guy a couple of rows behind me......waiting....just waiting for him to sing TBB or TFO and you knew he'd have been over that wall! Jobs-worth prick!

:angry: :angry: Then we should have ran up the park & scored while they were celebrating!

Anyway, on the subject of Stewards, there was a one of them in the tunnel area during the Hamilton game. I was in the East Enclosure & there were only a couple of us prepared to sing. This steward spent the whole game just staring at the guy a couple of rows behind me......waiting....just waiting for him to sing TBB or TFO and you knew he'd have been over that wall! Jobs-worth prick!

am i missing summit LOC? is there rules or policy that i havnt read? theres loadsa folk on here sayin the stewards tell them to sit down or dont sing(as such). do such rules exist-genuine question btw. as ive said in my previous post ive never experienced stewards sayin sit down etc

am i missing summit LOC? is there rules or policy that i havnt read? theres loadsa folk on here sayin the stewards tell them to sit down or dont sing(as such). do such rules exist-genuine question btw. as ive said in my previous post ive never experienced stewards sayin sit down etc

Wrong person to ask tbh. Tuesday was the first time I've been to Ibrox in years. However, when I got my ticket in the post, I also got a nice leaflet which told me I'd be arrested if I sung any 'bigoted' or offensive songs. Also, in the ground...there was a nice message relayed over the speakers giving you a confidential hotline to phone if you heard anyone singing said songs.

As for the standing....if they think you are causing an obstruction or blocking someone's view, you will be taken from your seat into the corridor & shot! You obviously must be sitting down the whole time behaving yourself! (tu)

Stewards attempted to stop us getting our group banner into the game today, along with "The Rangers - The Champions". Apparently they needed fire certificates for a banner that has been in every match for the last 3/4 years and another that has been in every game this season. <cr>

My advice would be to question them on what they are actually saying as more often than not they don't know anything about the regulations they are trying to enforce.

Wrong person to ask tbh. Tuesday was the first time I've been to Ibrox in years. However, when I got my ticket in the post, I also got a nice leaflet which told me I'd be arrested if I sung any 'bigoted' or offensive songs. Also, in the ground...there was a nice message relayed over the speakers giving you a confidential hotline to phone if you heard anyone singing said songs.

As for the standing....if they think you are causing an obstruction or blocking someone's view, you will be taken from your seat into the corridor & shot! You obviously must be sitting down the whole time behaving yourself! (tu)

i go every wk but never get any grief fae stewards. i personally prefer to stand @ games which is why i do prefer away games. trying to stand at gf6 for the whole game wudnt be greeted very well from ppl behind me. it wud be shit hot if we cud organise every bear at ibrox for a preselected game not to sit at kick-off, stand the whole game. bet the stewards & polis wud be very confused

Stewards attempted to stop us getting our group banner into the game today, along with "The Rangers - The Champions". Apparently they needed fire certificates for a banner that has been in every match for the last 3/4 years and another that has been in every game this season. <cr>

My advice would be to question them on what they are actually saying as more often than not they don't know anything about the regulations they are trying to enforce.

We have a copy of the G4S hand book with all the rules and regulations in it for stewarding.

If you challenge alot of them they don't really know what they are talking about.

Do you think the club had them all wound up over the daily rhebel story and told them to remove all banners today?

Do you think the club had them all wound up over the daily rhebel story and told them to remove all banners today?

Most probably, although we have been getting alot of hassle recently over these infamous fire certificates.

I reckon they will clamp down on us even more now after refusing to allow them to remove the protest banner from our section today. (tu)

Most probably, although we have been getting alot of hassle recently over these infamous fire certificates.

I reckon they will clamp down on us even more now after refusing to allow them to remove the protest banner from our section today. (tu)

Keep up the good work.... (tu)

ps enjoy the atmosphere you guys create every other week, keep it up...

You guys were fucking amazing on Tuesday night btw! Really wished I'd got a ticket for the BF area rather than the enclosure now!