Golf

kplfishtank

Machrihanish Dunes are doin a great stay and play deal till feb 2014.

Stay in the 4* Ugadale or Royal Hotel plus breakfast plus a round for less than £70 sheets.

Check their website

Saving all my golf 'brownie points' for a wee week Pro Am in Turkey in March.

Saving all my golf 'brownie points' for a wee week Pro Am in Turkey in March.

Unfortunately i can only get the opportunity to go on golf trips down south but one of my friends who has had golfing holidays in Canada, America, Spain & Portugal says none are better than Belek in Turkey . He says courses and hotels are top notch . Enjoy!! , wish i was single .

Unfortunately i can only get the opportunity to go on golf trips down south but one of my friends who has had golfing holidays in Canada, America, Spain & Portugal says none are better than Belek in Turkey . He says courses and hotels are top notch . Enjoy!! , wish i was single .

Cheers mate. I sometimes wish i was still single too. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting new irons for the season ahead. Moving away from pure blades to slightly more forgiving Ping S55 blades.

Looking to sell my Tom Wishon hand crafted blades for around £200 if anyone interested 3 to PW (PW has slight chip out of the sole due to hitting a rock under the turf.)

• 2 weeks later...

I played yesterday and a crow nicked three of our balls on one hole, three of us were playing to a blind hole, me and my mate banged it right down the middle, the other guy went left, when we got to the top of the hill where the fairway came into view the crow picked up and flew away with a ball, it must have been his 2nd visit as there was no sign of the other ball, I dropped one chipped it on to the green and the fucking thing swooped down and had that one away as well.

Its only ever happened to me once before and that was in December same hole at the same course 8th at Chelsfield Lakes.

I played yesterday and a crow nicked three of our balls on one hole, three of us were playing to a blind hole, me and my mate banged it right down the middle, the other guy went left, when we got to the top of the hill where the fairway came into view the crow picked up and flew away with a ball, it must have been his 2nd visit as there was no sign of the other ball, I dropped one chipped it on to the green and the fucking thing swooped down and had that one away as well.

Its only ever happened to me once before and that was in December same hole at the same course 8th at Chelsfield Lakes.

The wee f*ckers should be culled , happened regular at Crowwood when my dad was a member , the wee shits tease you by continually dropping the ball along the fairway for you to chase.

The wee f*ckers should be culled , happened regular at Crowwood when my dad was a member , the wee shits tease you by continually dropping the ball along the fairway for you to chase.

At Elderslie we had the crows problem but the main problem was foxes stealing the balls.

Fearing with my back problems I am going to have to completely change my game... Only just started perfecting a bit of control on my swing, and never really had a chance to use it as I slipped a disc this year and haven't played golf (or any other sport since).

Are you going to see a pro about your swing badger?

Maybe a good thing long term as my game may become more controlled rather than powerful but a little wild at times, however... back to square one I fear :(

Are you going to a pro badger?

Heads up Lanark is only £18 the now you need to move ball into rough but its very short. Greens are in good nick, all tees were on except from par 3s where it was hitting off a mat. Well worth it.

Lovely course. Will see if mates are up for it.