Golf

kplfishtank

Played a doubles tie tonight. Pumped oot but looking for info on a ruling. What's the script when you drive a ball into heavy rough then play a provisional. The boys we were playing found the ball they hit but declared it lost as it was pretty much unplayable and played on with the provisional. Is that right? 

5 hours ago, Moobs said:

Played a doubles tie tonight. Pumped oot but looking for info on a ruling. What's the script when you drive a ball into heavy rough then play a provisional. The boys we were playing found the ball they hit but declared it lost as it was pretty much unplayable and played on with the provisional. Is that right? 

They have to declare it lost on tee or after looking for it for 5 minutes they can't look for it find it then declare it lost. 

13 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

They have to declare it lost on tee or after looking for it for 5 minutes they can't look for it find it then declare it lost. 

Thought that mate. Halved the hole aswell. :lol: Cheatin basturts!!

4 hours ago, Moobs said:

Thought that mate. Halved the hole aswell. :lol: Cheatin basturts!!

What's cheating about it if none of you know the rules? Do you know if they deliberately did this (cheating) or did not genuinely know the rules (ignorance)?

Plenty of rules get broken every match due to ignorance, cheating usually comes in the form of ' the leather wedge' or 'or the equivalent of the hole in the pocket, spare ball'. Both of which used to be done by a golfer I played with, erm we suspect did this.

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

What's cheating about it if none of you know the rules? Do you know if they deliberately did this (cheating) or did not genuinely know the rules (ignorance)?

Plenty of rules get broken every match due to ignorance, cheating usually comes in the form of ' the leather wedge' or 'or the equivalent of the hole in the pocket, spare ball'. Both of which used to be done by a golfer I played with, erm we suspect did this.

None of us knew bud. Not bothered about it but wanted to know the ruling on it for future reference. 

4 hours ago, Moobs said:

None of us knew bud. Not bothered about it but wanted to know the ruling on it for future reference. 

Just read my own post again, a bit too aggressive, didn't mean to be. Rules are always good to clarify.

On 5 June 2016 at 7:40 PM, dummiesoot said:

Started the season very badly, went from 5.1 to 5.5 straight, utter crap. Got a lesson Thursday.

:lol: Fuxake. Thought ah was doing well getting cut from 21  to 18.8 yesterday and your moanin about 5.5. 

4 hours ago, Moobs said:

:lol: Fuxake. Thought ah was doing well getting cut from 21  to 18.8 yesterday and your moanin about 5.5. 

Pretty much averaged at 5 for over 30 years. Moaning bastard on the golf course me.

Played a cheeky 9 holes . Par 32 and I shot a 37. 4 pars and a birdie, 2 doubles and 2 bogeys.

Don't have a handicap as I have no membership . I'm a free roamer spending a fortune :(.

But averaging my last 3 scores at Pitreavie  it would be 24 ish. 

On 11 June 2016 at 10:49 AM, Orangeclement said:

Played a cheeky 9 holes . Par 32 and I shot a 37. 4 pars and a birdie, 2 doubles and 2 bogeys.

Don't have a handicap as I have no membership . I'm a free roamer spending a fortune :(.

But averaging my last 3 scores at Pitreavie  it would be 24 ish. 

4  RSCs will be playing that course in September in memorial competition.  Decent track ?  

2 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

4  RSCs will be playing that course in September in memorial competition.  Decent track ?  

It's a decent wee course not very long , good variety of greens usually play quite fast. 

Downside is Sundays can be quite slow .