Golf

kplfishtank

played well all winter and then the first medal of the year hit a gross 82 - 11 over. A bit gutted to be honest. Short game isn't where it needs to be - found a couple of bunkers and both times flew out them to the other side of the green.

Thats what happens when you try and go from matts in the winter to standard lies

Watching the masters has peaked my interest in playing again. Hadn't hit a ball in about 3 years, went to the driving range the other day after looking out the clubs. Went better than I had expected, will head back up tomorrow then again on Sunday before venturing out on to the course. Looking forward to getting right back into it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No played many Saturday medals but have played a couple of Friday ones, had a 69 last Friday. My handicap was 11.7 so will be down to about 11.3 if it played a 71 no results on howdidido yet. Aiming for single figures for end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

See some Russian took a 17 at one hole in the Austrian Open. Suddenly I don't feel so bad.

Played in our 4 club challenge today and had a total mare. Carded amongst the bogies/double bogies, A 10 on the 13th and an 8 on the 17th. Managed 3 pars but an 88 was well deserved