Golf

kplfishtank

7 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Is that not around 200? Bit out of my price range just spent 150 on a bag and getting 10 grips done tomorrow.

You should save yourself a fortune wully and do the grips on your own. 

It's really easy to do, just really need the new grips, the tape for underneath, petrol or white spirit and a Stanley knife to remove the old ones.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

You should save yourself a fortune wully and do the grips on your own. 

It's really easy to do, just really need the new grips, the tape for underneath, petrol or white spirit and a Stanley knife to remove the old ones.

Affordable golf grips are cheap and they grip them for free if you buy them from there. Also cheaper again when you get 6 or more done at the same time.

On 14/07/2016 at 9:41 AM, wullyRFC said:

Any recommendations for a GPS either watch or handheld upto 150 bucks?

Wully you can pick up a Garmin s2 for £85 just now, it does the job and has 38,000 courses on it, great value and it also comes in a very nice Royal blue........what's not to like:pipe:

28 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Wully you can pick up a Garmin s2 for £85 just now, it does the job and has 38,000 courses on it, great value and it also comes in a very nice Royal blue........what's not to like:pipe:

Played with a guy last week who had it. Where you see it for 85? I could only see it for 120. The G5 looks good at 160.

Just now, wullyRFC said:

Played with a guy last week who had it. Where you see it for 85? I could only see it for 120. The G5 looks good at 160.

I just googled Garmin watch, their is a link saying 70% off, click on it and it takes you in from there.

Played costa Adeje on Friday, toughest greens i have ever putted on. Around 13 on stimp and huge slopes and steps. I though I putted well and still 3 stabbed around 6 times. Fairly forgiving layout off tee but very tricky around the greens. 6 holes each of par 3s, 4s and 5s.

On 17/07/2016 at 7:20 AM, wullyRFC said:

Fairmont St Andrews today. Kittocks this afternoon and Torrance in the morning in between a mad session :D

Both decent treks wully, which did you prefer? 

Love golfing up st andrews way, so many great courses.

If you have never played them try ladybank, crail balcomie, lundin links are all spectacular.

Always found them good to deal with for visiting parties, same with drumoig. 

12 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Something we will look at for next year. Got a few away games this year left to use so wouldn't be this year. 

Who did you book it thru golf break? 

Aye Golf breaks mate. Hotel was cracking aswell.

11 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Played Lanark today. Cracking wee track. 

Strange though that greens were sanded and cored in July. 

Good isn't it. That's my home track. 

Reason they are cored and sanded just now is due to taking a pounding couple weeks ago hosting the Scottish Boys Strokeplay.

During practice and competition days the weather was poor n the traffic was showing on the course.

Lanark is playable all year round because of the land it's on, coring just now will see greens are excellent right through until late in the year. 

22 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Good isn't it. That's my home track. 

Reason they are cored and sanded just now is due to taking a pounding couple weeks ago hosting the Scottish Boys Strokeplay.

During practice and competition days the weather was poor n the traffic was showing on the course.

Lanark is playable all year round because of the land it's on, coring just now will see greens are excellent right through until late in the year. 

Aye mate we loved it. Few really nice holes. The par three downhill is a belter. Very deceptive I put an 8 iron in the bunker at back left of green 

3 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Aye mate we loved it. Few really nice holes. The par three downhill is a belter. Very deceptive I put an 8 iron in the bunker at back left of green 

The 7th. It's a great hole. 

Two years ago in the club championship and playing into a Gale force wind I hat to nut a 4 iron to make the middle of the green!! ???

20 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The 7th. It's a great hole. 

Two years ago in the club championship and playing into a Gale force wind I hat to nut a 4 iron to make the middle of the green!! ???

Here mate out of curiosity much are those houses at the 18th tee box

7 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Here mate out of curiosity much are those houses at the 18th tee box

Just checked. The second one in, pretty much directly behind the 18th tee sold last August for £405k.

Must be some view from them over the course and countryside, loch etc. 

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Just checked. The second one in, pretty much directly behind the 18th tee sold last August for £405k.

Must be some view from them over the course and countryside, loch etc. 

Belting view and easy access to club and the clubhouse.