Golf

kplfishtank

Shot an 86 round my local yesterday, best ever is an 84 so I was pretty happy with that considering it's only my 2nd round this year. Playing Deer Park at the weekend,1st time so looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Sket said:

Shot an 86 round my local yesterday, best ever is an 84 so I was pretty happy with that considering it's only my 2nd round this year. Playing Deer Park at the weekend,1st time so looking forward to it.

That's no bad going sket.

You been playing a while it you more recreational?

It's a game of repetition, if you get chance to practice the scores will improve quite quickly. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That's no bad going sket.

You been playing a while it you more recreational?

It's a game of repetition, if you get chance to practice the scores will improve quite quickly. 

giphy.gif

just realised this thread existed !! .. just started playing in february and got the bug  .. played junior football but broke my wrist and was advised to chuck it incase of a reoccurance so spending my sats chasing a wee white ball around the golf course now .. 102 is my best so far but looking forward to gettin the practice in n getting under 100 shortly .. hopefully have some contribution to this thread now !!

Been struggling recently but yesterday and today getting it back. 

Had been tweaking irons left on approach but yesterday changed my stance slightly and results were great. 

Knocked a good few stiff from 100 yards out which is always nice. 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Been struggling recently but yesterday and today getting it back. 

Had been tweaking irons left on approach but yesterday changed my stance slightly and results were great. 

Knocked a good few stiff from 100 yards out which is always nice. 

Heard from tea total recently Kpl?

6 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Yeah mate spoke to him on Tuesday , he. was home seeing his mum. Will hopefully catch up with him later in the year. 

I take it he is still skelping the wee white baw. Will hopefully be heading back to the states next year, need to see if I can hook up for a game.

11 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

My scores the last 2 weekends have been terrible 77 and 78 played well last Sunday had a run of about 9 or 10 pars in a row. Going to play tomorrow and try get striking a ball again. 

The way I'm playing just now 77 would be a great score for me

In the front 9:pipe:

2 hours ago, Sket said:

Was supposed to be playing Deer Park today. Rained off. Fuck this country,man.

Think I'll be going for a round when I'm in Tenerife at the end of the month.

Going to play a couple of games at Costa Adele whilst on holiday over next couple of weeks.

55 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Going to play a couple of games at Costa Adele whilst on holiday over next couple of weeks.

We played at golf de sur about 3 years ago it's 3 x 9 holes you just play 2 of the nines every day the greens are the fastest I have ever seen we played it in March so was just coming up to the end of there season. 

20 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I take it he is still skelping the wee white baw. Will hopefully be heading back to the states next year, need to see if I can hook up for a game.

He's no been playing as much. I'm going out in March next year so will get a game every day 

Played pretty well in the matchplay competitions this year and have made a couple of QF's. Handicap is gradually decreasing as well though sitting at 6.6 at the moment. I am desperate to get to 5 by the end of the season and i definitely think its achievable. I should have done it already but been a bit unfortunate in the last couple of holes - standing on the tee 17 at 2 over and then finishing double bogey/double bogey doesn't help.

58 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Any recommendations for a GPS either watch or handheld upto 150 bucks?

I have a Garmin s5 which is really good, free updates etc, not sure what the latest version is. Free updates with European courses included. What's not to like.

9 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I have a Garmin s5 which is really good, free updates etc, not sure what the latest version is. Free updates with European courses included. What's not to like.

Is that not around 200? Bit out of my price range just spent 150 on a bag and getting 10 grips done tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Is that not around 200? Bit out of my price range just spent 150 on a bag and getting 10 grips done tomorrow.

Might be mate, I have had mine around. 4 years lost track of prices. Main thing is though I would recommend a Garmin product if there is one in the price range.

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Might be mate, I have had mine around. 4 years lost track of prices. Main thing is though I would recommend a Garmin product if there is one in the price range.

The s2 is 120 thats what I was looking at then noticed there's a pretty big variety out there. Will go into American Golf tomorrow and ask for advice. Cheers.