Golf

kplfishtank

How's everyone's season went?

Since January I've won 2 medals, 2 rounds of the Winter League (I lead the table) and a Stableford comp yesterday. Cut from 16 to 11 which is great.

Also got a HIO in April.

Shite season, went from 10.0 to 11.3 then sods law I get a 74 last week off the yellows . Lessons for me over winter.

• 2 months later...

Guys selling a Taylor made stand bag, Taylor made Rossa Monza Spider Bolero putter and Taylor made Burner 2 4 iron if anybody interested PM me and I can send photos. RH all clubs.

Guys selling a Taylor made stand bag, Taylor made Rossa Monza Spider Bolero putter and Taylor made Burner 2 4 iron if anybody interested PM me and I can send photos. RH all clubs.

Sold

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone played either of the Hilton Park courses up Milgavie way?

4 of just started playing again last year after about 10 years when we played as kids/teenagers and we're looking at joining a course after just playing different courses every week last year.

It's a good price for us so we're going up in a few weeks to get a round in. Couple other options aswell so bit of a decision for us.

Hilton Park courses are both enjoyable for different reasons, allander is much shorter, more of a beginners course with a few cracking holes. The Hilton is a longer trickier course.

Cheers. Because we are under 30 its only £442 for the year for both courses, payable over 9 months and no joining fee so obviously appealing.

Anyone played either of the Hilton Park courses up Milgavie way?

4 of just started playing again last year after about 10 years when we played as kids/teenagers and we're looking at joining a course after just playing different courses every week last year.

It's a good price for us so we're going up in a few weeks to get a round in. Couple other options aswell so bit of a decision for us.

not sure of your location mate - but i am member of Paisley golf course at the top of the Gleniffer Braes its a cracking course and they are doing membership offers for groups and if you are under 30

http://www.paisleygolfclub.co.uk/page.aspx?pid=26739

not sure of your location mate - but i am member of Paisley golf course at the top of the Gleniffer Braes its a cracking course and they are doing membership offers for groups and if you are under 30

http://www.paisleygolfclub.co.uk/page.aspx?pid=26739

I'll have a look at that.

Stay pretty much inbetween both courses only the Clyde making it slightly longer to get to Paisley. We're pretty much open to anywhere thats decent and affordable for us all.

I'll have a look at that.

Stay pretty much inbetween both courses only the Clyde making it slightly longer to get to Paisley. We're pretty much open to anywhere thats decent and affordable for us all.

its a cracking course. It's the best in Renfrewshire imho and the views are second to none.

superb job. The greens are terrific. Got a few holes in last week and the greens were exceptional for the time of year.

Paisley and Elderslie are both very lucky to have such good greenkeepers, the other courses in the area struggle to get their courses in such good condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 6 holes in at the local council course yesterday in that mental weather. Wasn't at work because the sites were closed and was choking to get out so just braved it. Played not bad didn't bother putting though as the greens haven't been cut for a while.

On 1/22/2016 at 5:40 PM, Iandoc1975 said:

I'm joining machrihanish this march. Small matter of a signing on fee, green fees and being nominated by 2 members.

should scoosh it though

Nice one mate. Best links after the Ailsa at Turnberry I've ever played.

I looked at associate and country membership for this year, but I see country is full. What's the difference do you know, other than price?

Also, thinking about taking a 4 ball across for a weekend via the boat from Ardrossan in the summer. Probably 3 rounds on Machrihanish, couple on the Dunes and maybe one at Dunaverty and maybe carradale. Any idea of the kind of deals the courses, especially Machrihanish would do? Ta much.

Edit: if getting the nomination is an issue drop me a message and I can probably help with that.

4 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Not done it myself but looks easy, plenty videos on YouTube. If you get the grips out a pro shop they should fit them for you. 

Had bought a Superstroke grip for my putter past year off eBay but never got round to doing it myself. 

Will give it a try. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...