Golf

kplfishtank

26 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Playing terrible the now can't remember the last time I had a score under 85 scratch in a medal my handicap is at 8.7 the now totally struggling. 

Just go back to basics mate.

My mate told me last week "you need to stop thinking you're still good at this game, just a fit the middle of every green"

Even though he was ripping the pish it was actually no bad advice.

38 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Just go back to basics mate.

My mate told me last week "you need to stop thinking you're still good at this game, just a fit the middle of every green"

Even though he was ripping the pish it was actually no bad advice.

Just doing really stupid things hitting the ball no bad. Just can't take my short game in a bounce game to medal day. Every chip in a bounce game I am leaving 4-5 ft max away medal day it's about 10ft. 

On 2017-5-23 at 11:08 PM, cushynumber said:

Right so. Tie tonight. 2 ball 4 some. 

Giving away 12 strokes as a team.  This is not good because there is no room for error. If you don't make par, your in trouble.  Partners fuckin putting me in all sorts of shit. Nailed some good putts, missed some makable ones. Drove like a golfing fuckin god. A good god as well, not a wee shit one. 

All square on the 17th. They are stroking. They get an easy 3. We lose the hole. 1 down going down the last and yours truly hits a beast of a drive, great line, nice and safe. Partner starts talking about laying up -  "fucking get it on the green" i say. He puts it through. The competition are struggling this hole, but they are stroking, so we still have to at least par the hole to win. I chip and run back onto the green and stick it to 3 feet. Nice shot. My partner asks me the line for his putt and he nails a peach putt no danger for a par 4.  

Fuckin no way i am sudden deathing  it up the first when they are stroking and i tell them that. They are not happy. I don't care. Live to fight another day. 

No surrender.

Which reminds me. We fucking horsed them in the replay. They didn't play to there previous standard and we knew the score this time. I could here them fucking moaning as we were regulation on almost every hole.

Guy tried to fucking kid on he wasn't feeling well in an attempt to get the tie replayed! I said "are you saying you can't continue and are awarding us the tie"? That shut him up for a few holes but we still strolled it.

They hate me. I don't care. My partner was offering condolences when they lost on the 14th.  I was whistling with happiness walking off,  tie in pocket. Your their to win, not make pals.

We've drawn a couple of tims in the next round. No problem getting the game face on for that one.

Won my tie yesterday, qualified for finals day, took me 20 holes but I should have had him beat long before that.

Left a couple of putts an inch or so from the cup early in the round he didn't give me them so I made him put everything after that :lol:.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

my sons new Cobra King F6 driver arrived today - with the new Cobra connect technology. Not going out on the course tonight cause its pissing down  - but might head to the local driving range for a wee go.

The castle range?

What kind of golf balls do we all use ? 

I used to use Titleist ProV 1 x or the velocity now I am using Callaway chrome soft have for the last 2 seasons. 

Should I be using the chrome soft x instead of the normal chrome soft ? 

I am sure the x is the harder ball in titleist is it the same with Callaway ? 

I know the X was also the distance ball but when I got fitted for my titleist irons at Kings acre the guy said the distance ball went 3 yards more than the normal ball. I don't think about the ball it's more round about the greens I have preferred putting with a harder ball. 

42 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

What kind of golf balls do we all use ? 

I used to use Titleist ProV 1 x or the velocity now I am using Callaway chrome soft have for the last 2 seasons. 

Should I be using the chrome soft x instead of the normal chrome soft ? 

I am sure the x is the harder ball in titleist is it the same with Callaway ? 

I know the X was also the distance ball but when I got fitted for my titleist irons at Kings acre the guy said the distance ball went 3 yards more than the normal ball. I don't think about the ball it's more round about the greens I have preferred putting with a harder ball. 

Started using Taylor Made TP5x, brilliant longer and still get loads of spin, was using Titleist proV1x before

So I was trying out my sons new Cobra King R7 driver. Its very nice very forgiving and has the Cobra connect technology that measures your driving distance. Its a little bit gimmicky but appears to work very well. To be honest the club doesnt need it as its a good club but into a head wind my son who is 16 was hitting 232, 233, 233 and then the fucking battery ran out on his phone. (the app is sore on the phone battery).

Good distance on a windy day, very humid with a wet fairway from all Tuesdays rain. Make sure you have a full battery before you go out.

6 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Playing the Friday medal today if the course is open got shut yesterday afternoon but not rained since about 10 last night so should be fine. 

Walked in after 13 total shit struggling to recover from a bad hole/shot. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

tough mate. Im heading up this afternoon for 9. Trying to put a lesson in driving into practise

Old boy has a lesson at 4.30 today so going to get 50 balls and work on a few things. 

Right need opinions, was at the range just there was trying to hit a baby draw(5 yard) as my normal is more 15-20 yards right and sometimes it does come back. At the range a was trying a few set ups with address and tried a Luke Donald set up right off the heal of the club and telling my self to swing slightly left in my head on the way down. I was flushing everyone but scared of it on the course tomorrow in case I shank it. Do I do it tomorrow am I sure I am going to as I haven't hit the ball like that in a while some shots were even going straight. My arms are aching as well which means I was hitting the ball decent. If I forget to tell myself to swing left it could go wrong. 

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

Right need opinions, was at the range just there was trying to hit a baby draw(5 yard) as my normal is more 15-20 yards right and sometimes it does come back. At the range a was trying a few set ups with address and tried a Luke Donald set up right off the heal of the club and telling my self to swing slightly left in my head on the way down. I was flushing everyone but scared of it on the course tomorrow in case I shank it. Do I do it tomorrow am I sure I am going to as I haven't hit the ball like that in a while some shots were even going straight. My arms are aching as well which means I was hitting the ball decent. If I forget to tell myself to swing left it could go wrong. 

It's a catch 22 as could be great or poor.

My gut instinct says yes, you need to start somewhere so give it a go. I remember listening to Butch Harmon and he was saying that pros when they make a serious swing change it's a commitment to pursue the change long term, so it'll not be a quick fix.

Ive always been fairly straight with a penetrating flight but since the op I've had to change n adapt especially off the tee. Used to play an 8.5 degree loft, off the left heel tee as high as n laugh it on the upswing. Now I've adjusted it to sit around 9.75 loft, more inside the heel n tee lower n starting to recreate a similar outcome. 

Just try it n see, if it works then great. Also if it works don't change it.

Played a 36 hole comp last week, finished -5 net, but finished +7 for the last 6 holes, arse collapsed ??, positives, it got me back to single figures ????, negatives, the last 6 holes cost me a full shot cut ??. 

Well I said it was coming and today played really well. Net 67 with three double bogeys on the card, could and should have been 65/64 quite easily. 

Was leading the medal when a left too, won't win it but still nice to compete.

Get a good cut as well n back on the road to getting handicap down. ???️

51 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Well I said it was coming and today played really well. Net 67 with three double bogeys on the card, could and should have been 65/64 quite easily. 

Was leading the medal when a left too, won't win it but still nice to compete.

Get a good cut as well n back on the road to getting handicap down. ???️

Well done mate. I am playing one of my favourite courses tomorrow,  barrassie.