Steven Davis

plymouthranger

One of the best players to pull on the blue jersey over the last decade? And hopefully will continue to do so for the majority of the next one.

I have been one of his biggest critics, but he's now even dominating games when on the right wing. He just has to cut inside more to allow his influence to spread to the rest of the park. I still would rather he was played in the centre of midfield, but recently he has been the SPLs best player but a country mile.

And we got him for a steal :sherlock:

If Celtic want 8million for wan-trick McGreetin, we should be asking for at least 12million for Stevie...

And even then, i'd hope we'd never be tempted. Future Rangers captain and legend hopefully, the man oozes nearly as much class as Big Davie himself :sherlock:

Needs to keep it up for the rest of the season. The potential is there, but I think some fans go a bit overboard based on what we have actually seen over the period. I think he will become more prominent in the middle if he gets to stay there.

I dont know how you can say if McGeady is worth £8 million, Davis is worth £12 million.

Davis is a great player, but he is similar to many players across the World. His style of play can be found in almost every successful team in the World.

Every team wants someone who can run at people, take players on and create chances. This is why McGeady is worth more than Davis in todays market.

Not many players can glide by players and that is why they are valued higher.

I dont know how you can say if McGeady is worth £8 million, Davis is worth £12 million.

Davis is a great player, but he is similar to many players across the World. His style of play can be found in almost every successful team in the World.

Every team wants someone who can run at people, take players on and create chances. This is why McGeady is worth more than Davis in todays market.

No many will agree, but I get the point you are making.

McGeady for all his faults, to a neutral he is the more exciting player to watch. It's part of the reason why we managed to get £9million for Hutton cause at the time he was bombing past players with ease, but defensively he's was on a par with Steven Whittaker.

Steven Davis is comfortably the best player in the SPL and the problem is, if we have foreigners of the same calibre, they fuck off after 1 season. The Brits and other Rangers fans so to speak who are very good maybe stick around for 2 or 3 seasons :craphead:

He is a player we really need to hold on to

see what your saying but davis is 10 times the player mcgeady is. everyweek you see mcgeady run head down doing sweet f-all with no end product. davis on the otherhand assists a majority of our goals or plays a big part in the goals.

davis is the best midfielder or even player weve seen in the spl in a long time