On the phone to Ellis again..

Off the phone again.

Again, sent a text basically asking if there was any chance of a wee update, if they were still interested and if he could put a time frame on the deal being completed if it was likely it would. I added in 'Appologies for texting rather than phoning again, I simply did not want to disturb you more than this has already nor put you in any awkward situation' because I realize that texting is a pretty shitty way to contact someone but i genuinely wanted to maximise the chance of a reply and minimize pissing him off.

Last time I texted a simple question when the rumours of the deal being dead were coming out of shellick sites and he simply replied with a few words. this time I figured I had maybe pushed my luck one too often as it took a good long while to get a reply. He eventually phoned up, which ws a surprise but welcome.

What he said is encouraging again, basically that everything looks good (im guessing books, DD wise) and they are working towards closing the deal. He did not want to put a time frame on it as he does not want to be held to it should things go a little more slowly. He is aware of places like these but not through coming on himself and he said 'I can understand the worry but I dont know where some of the stories are coming from. having a property developer buy your club is like inviting the undertaker round for tea, but we are NOT looking at moving the club or developing Ibrox, well, possibly outside the ground but that is what any new owner should be looking at and with the best interests of the club at heart. Rangers are one of the most famous clubs in the world and with all that herritage you cant just rip it up. We are looking to nurture the club and get things back on track. When a deal is done i will be looking to sit with people (the fans) and discuss things, there are no skeletons in the closet and we have nothing to hide. We know there is a lot we need to learn too.'

Now, that is all in quotations butit is not his exact words, just as close to word perfect as i can remember and the thrust of it all is 100%.

Again, i cant back up anything he says, cant really do anything more than say what i felt. He has 3 times now answered calls/texts from a guy he doesnt know. Firstly that means that he wont be giving up any secrets and as I have no relationship with him, will maybe feel able to twist or manaipulate what is said but secondly, it could be seen to show a willingness to share what he can with a fan who went to the effort of stalking him . I was struck with how he came across the first time and again today, very very down to earth and friendly.

Obviously some will doubt the truth of this, and that is fine but seeing as he said he would give me an interview (i chanced my luck and he seemed happy to do it) if he buys the club i hope to be able to prove you wrong if that comes to pass.

Any press looking in, get your own quotes from the man, god-damned leaches.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the main stand building being listed, i doubt very much anything can be done with Ibrox with regard to levelling it. He could probably sell it off and lease it back, this could be a goer considering really only British clubs own their grounds, other countries all lease their stadia!

Guest therabbitt

I'm struggling with this to be honest. Rangers loving brain is saying "this is encouraging and exactly what I want to hear" whilst my logical brain is saying "why is this information being shared with someone over the phone when he cannot give press quotes due to legislation".

Befuddled.

I cast no aspersions on the OP who I don't doubt is telling the truth but it seems bizarre that Ellis calls up total strangers who send him texts to update them on multi-million pound business deals.

why would he answer calls from somebody he doesnt know, or give out information for that matter...?????

He didnt. He called me (after a text). 3rd time I have spoken to him now.

well why the hell would he call somebody he doesnt know?????

why would he answer calls from somebody he doesnt know, or give out information for that matter...?????

He didnt. He called me (after a text). 3rd time I have spoken to him now.

well why the hell would he call somebody he doesnt know?????

I have spoken to him a total of three times now. I asked him a question and he called me up to reply.

when I wrote the first conversation up and posted it on FF i was asked to post the next one up here. I do and get comments about Torbetts dong. Nice. Gotta love the claim of a site open to all and more 'user friendly' than it's rivals. The info is there, nothing earth shattering, and if the deal goes through it will all be proven by dint of a wee interview. I will wait for the appologies should that happen with baited breath (but not held, that would be daft). In the mean time, I wont bother next time.

Thanks those that dont automatically jump in with 'humourous' quips, shame not all on here are equally as sensible.