Nacho on his future

Boab

by Lindsay Herron

Passionate striker Nacho Novo said today that leaving Rangers would be like breaking up with his family.

The Spanish star, who is out of contract at the end of the season, is unsure if he will be here for the new campaign.

He wants to stay with the club he has come to love and admits it would be a huge wrench to end it all in the summer.

However, if he does have to move to pastures new he wants to go with a third Championship medal in his pocket.

Novo spoke candidly today when he said: "If I do have to go it will be very hard because the club is like my family.

"I have made so many friends both inside and outside the club and they have the best fans in the world.

"If you leave you miss coming to Murray Park and seeing the stadium full of fans. That would the biggest miss for me."

Novo has asked his agent to delay any contract negotiations so that he concentrate fully on trying to help Rangers to the title.

Despite some indifferent recent form, he believes the players are ready to cross the finishing line and three more wins will do it starting with tomorrow night's game against Aberdeen.

He said: "We are so close and I told my agent I only want to think about trying to win this championship.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100406/leaving-would-be-so-tough_2254024_2016194

I'm really not sure if want him to stay, another year?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love wee Nacho but we should be looking at ability over sentiment. I think we should have a better option than Nacho which is unfair on him as he has scored so many important goals for us. But I think a lot of peoples views of him are clouded by sentiment.

I'd like him to stay. Aye he's not the most gifted player in the world but he is always the most committed player on the park. He's good enough for the SPL and has proved he can grab important goals in Europe.

The guys Rangers through and through and leads by example, with the level of commitment we deserve.

Hope the wee man stays the rest of his career IMO. He isn't the best player in the world But he always pops up with a goal and hits double figures almost every season with most starts from the bench, not only that he is a big character and a total converted bluenose since he joined here and his passion is something we need in the dressing room at times so push us on. The wee man has been worth his weight in gold for us since joining from Dundee with the important goals he has scored, no one should ever forget that.

We have been talking a lot lately about players being motivated to give their all for the jersey and guys who seem to be just going through the motions in the run-in to the league title with not much committment.

Wee Nacho always shows motivation and committment and gives everything he has for Rangers, no matter if we are playing against ra Sellic or a team like Brechin City in a friendly.

If we can find and afford a better option than Nacho for next season then he should go.If we can't, then maybe he could do a shift for us at times if he stays.

If he wants to stay, why is he delaying contract talks?

Journalist cant read shocker! He wants to concentrate on winning the championship with Rangers (says so in the article - or do you 'want to read between the lines') - seems he is dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't!

I love wee Nacho but we should be looking at ability over sentiment. I think we should have a better option than Nacho which is unfair on him as he has scored so many important goals for us. But I think a lot of peoples views of him are clouded by sentiment.

Othere threads are full of the desire for fans to have players who want to play for the jersey - here we have a player who does that but you want to drop him by looking at 'ability over sentiment' - go figure!

Hope the wee man stays the rest of his career IMO. He isn't the best player in the world But he always pops up with a goal and hits double figures almost every season with most starts from the bench, not only that he is a big character and a total converted bluenose since he joined here and his passion is something we need in the dressing room at times so push us on. The wee man has been worth his weight in gold for us since joining from Dundee with the important goals he has scored, no one should ever forget that.

top post mate (tu)

If he wants to stay, why is he delaying contract talks?

Journalist cant read shocker! He wants to concentrate on winning the championship with Rangers (says so in the article - or do you 'want to read between the lines') - seems he is dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't!

So you're telling me a player (that isn't a first team starter) can't start contract talks because he's got winning the league on his mind?

You make it sound like we're in the middle of a three team fight :lol:

We need two wins from eight games, hardly a big weight on the mind. Nacho already said in January that he turned down a move to Celta Vigo because it wasn't 'financially right' for him, so I'm assuming that any deal that pays him enough he'll take.

I'll be sad to see him go.

I hope he stays, not the greatest player around by a long shot but a handy squad player who has scored his fair share of important goals for us.

a squad player at best. i love the fact he is rangers through and though, and love the amount of work rates he puts in, he definetly plays for the badge, of that there is no doubt. will he be happy coming off the bench every couple of games ? that is the question. he will always be a hero in my eyes because of his workrate and the important goals he's scored. if he stays, then great, if he moves on, then he will always be remembered and loved as a true blue nose and will be welcome back at ibrox any time

I love all the stuff the players are coming out with.

Boyd unsure about the manager, Novo can't 'cope' with his agent talking to Rangers while he helps them win three games from eight.....

What a precious bunch, eh? I'd hate to see them deal with the stresses of a real job.