No Boyd upfront

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Kane Hemmings up top with Miller :praise:

When the league is wrapped up hopefully we can see Hemmings, Wylde, Fleck and Ness(if fit) given a decent run in the team until the end of the season.

hopefully Bendiksen is in the mix too. Been training with the first team almost all season and walter must have seen talent in him.

I'm not sure I understand the people who were saying that was much better last night, we invited Aberdeen onto us and saying we had more pace in the team? Naismith is the slowest player on the pitch and the others are the ones who usually play. We still need width.

Sorry but today's performance wasn't that far of what we have seen recently and proved to me the problem was not boyd... Miller had another ineffective game so will he be the one to get the bullet next?

it was miles away from what we have seen recently

we scored 3 goals, when was the last time we scored 3 goals in a league game?????

as for miller, he got the vital 3rd goal, if thats your idea of ineffective then how would you describe boyd sice he came back from injury/didnt like our contract offer (delete as applicable)

unless it was a cross, or a ball into space for miller/naismith to run into, i cant really remember a long punt up the park

recently thats all boyd brought to the game, and after sats peformance its no wonder he was ditched

We scored 4 against Hearts 2 weeks ago.

3 at home to St Mirren a month and a day ago. :)

and how many did boyd get???????

FUCK ALL.

Kris Boyd was absolutely superb in the game at Tynecastle.

Like someone said., apart from one brilliant run and a cracker of a goal, Laffert was his usual. Miller has fell asleep recently and can't wake up, and Naismith... :anguish: Boyd would have done no better on current form though it has to be said. Shame we lost Decembers form, we were unstoppable, every balll up park looked dangerous. I enjoyed yesterdays game, I hope lafferty can keep it up, that remains to be seen..

Aberdeen had 58% possession last night,we had a total of 6 attempts at goal and 3 on target. Our pace for most of the game was pedestrian and only when we stopped pumping long diagonals into our giant strike force and started to play along the ground for a short spell did we look dangerous. Aberdeen were simply abysmal and until Davis struck there was no sign that we could find a way to the net.Even then when Aberdeen were forced to become more open to rescue the game we still looked clueless. They still had us worried until the third goal killed the worst Aberdeen team I can remember.

We need a finisher on the park and the only one we have in the squad is Boyd; statistics prove it,experience proves it. Naismith is not the answer and is playing in a team above his level of ability.Lafferty scored a good goal but is not a striker.Novo is inconsistent and lacks composure, Miller is more likely to blast clear cut chances over the bar than to clinically put easy chances in the net.

Can't remeber a 'punt up the park?' What game were you watching jimbeanjunior, it wasn't the same one as me, a lot of the game, especially early on was punts, we won 3-1 but it wasn't our best performance of the season, that still goes to Dundee United at home or Hibs away for me. (I'm sure there was another contender..)

100% agree with the 3 posts above. Boyd was outstanding at tynecastle.

We weren't great last night and we shouldn't get carried away.

And mcboyd, how the fuk did naisy get 90 mins? :( he was worse than anyone last night. Aberdeen were fucking rotten n we made them look top 6.

I thought Naismith was nothing more than mediocre last night. Kris Boyd back in the team for the Dundee United game. I'd like to see John Fleck up there, but there isn't much chance of that, so Boyd should come back in.

for some reason though muff, playing boyd seems to bring the worst out in the team lately, tynecastle apart

boyd may offer more than naismith,but on a whole the team looks far better without boyd up front

if naismith is to be dropped, then give novo a start, or even lafferty with beasley/novo out wide

if we play boyd at tannadice, we'll lump high balls all night to him, and dodds, and kenneth will lap that up everytime

Where do you make this stuff up from? 'Better without Boyd in the team' stats wise, wrong, did you miss December? Not to mention Boyd and Miller racking up what..24 goals between them then? We look at our best (on form) when we have Boyd and Miller up front, Beasley, Novo out wide, Davis and Thomson/McCulloch in the middle.. AND keep the ball on the floor.

I thought Naismith was nothing more than mediocre last night. Kris Boyd back in the team for the Dundee United game. I'd like to see John Fleck up there, but there isn't much chance of that, so Boyd should come back in.

for some reason though muff, playing boyd seems to bring the worst out in the team lately, tynecastle apart

boyd may offer more than naismith,but on a whole the team looks far better without boyd up front

if naismith is to be dropped, then give novo a start, or even lafferty with beasley/novo out wide

if we play boyd at tannadice, we'll lump high balls all night to him, and dodds, and kenneth will lap that up everytime

Where do you make this stuff up from? 'Better without Boyd in the team' stats wise, wrong, did you miss December? Not to mention Boyd and Miller racking up what..24 goals between them then? We look at our best (on form) when we have Boyd and Miller up front, Beasley, Novo out wide, Davis and Thomson/McCulloch in the middle.. AND keep the ball on the floor.

Can't keep looking backwards McB, need to deal with the here-and-now.

Boydy hasn't been cutting it recently, Lafferty showed last night what he's capable of.

Lafferty scored and he is good with the ball at his feet sometimes - but Davis and Naismith (both wee fellas ) win more headers than Lafferty - I am not sure he won one all night and aprt from the gaol and 1 run I thought he was woefiul!

Just knew there would be a thread like this after a win. We were rubbish and barely created a chance, Langfield had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out of the net. We are pish just now and it stems from two areas, we play far too deep with DW squared and need Boogie, our midfield is rubbish with two defensive midfielders and Lee ' the photographer' utterly abysmal.

Get back to December's formation it really is that simple.

Deal with here and now?? Lolol. We know our best strike force, Kyle lafferty was about 6\10 last night. If he never scored that goal n done a celebration we'd of been saying he's hopeless!

and Boyd's been 3/10 since he came back into the team.

Sorry but today's performance wasn't that far of what we have seen recently and proved to me the problem was not boyd... Miller had another ineffective game so will he be the one to get the bullet next?

it was miles away from what we have seen recently

we scored 3 goals, when was the last time we scored 3 goals in a league game?????

as for miller, he got the vital 3rd goal, if thats your idea of ineffective then how would you describe boyd sice he came back from injury/didnt like our contract offer (delete as applicable)

unless it was a cross, or a ball into space for miller/naismith to run into, i cant really remember a long punt up the park

recently thats all boyd brought to the game, and after sats peformance its no wonder he was ditched

We scored 4 against Hearts 2 weeks ago.

3 at home to St Mirren a month and a day ago. :)

and how many did boyd get???????

FUCK ALL.

Kris Boyd was absolutely superb in the game at Tynecastle.

Aye, but he didnt score :rolleyes:

He deserved a boot up the arse though and it was interesting to see Walters reasons for leaving Boyd out of the game last night

Deal with here and now?? Lolol. We know our best strike force, Kyle lafferty was about 6\10 last night. If he never scored that goal n done a celebration we'd of been saying he's hopeless!

and Boyd's been 3/10 since he came back into the team.

All of your post's last night were all slatting lafferty even at half time. Where he got obstructed off the ball twice and got given a goal kick against him instead of the corner. He was solid the whole game. the second half he was outstanding made a great run made by himself and set up papac who had a wicked shot. His goal was also a solo run which was finished with great composure. If someone else is not on form they get dropped. it goes the same for boyd he is not bigger than the team or the club.

I know Boyd hasn't been playing well but lafferty was nowhere fuvking near outstanding last night. And as I said, and you've backed up, all he did was one run and a goal. If that's outstanding out standards are awful!

I know Boyd hasn't been playing well but lafferty was nowhere fuvking near outstanding last night. And as I said, and you've backed up, all he did was one run and a goal. If that's outstanding out standards are awful!

who said that ? i said he was solid all night. He was looking for the ball taking players on. He picked up the ball from the half way line and ran the full way and scored. something boyd would never be able to do as hes always offside because he wouldnt be that far back, and if he was he would be able to make the full length. Im a big fan of Boyd but it cant be 1 rule for another and a different for him. if we can get the job done without him then leave him out for the time being. If he wants to leave then he can go just now.

They are. Just ask older bears, this is utter pish we are being served up just now.

Stu u said he was outstanding in the second half, was he fuck and he ran by 1 horrible attempt of a challenge n hit it in the corner. It was hardly a Hutton vs Stuttgart run fs. I don't think you understand that it's not that I think Boyd should of started instead of lafferty, boyd should of started instead of Naismith, who was fuvking shocking for the third game in a row. Lafferty tho was nowhere near what some ppl on here are saying, u take away his goal and run and u have the exact same shittty performance, ducking out the way of balls, miscontrolling the simplest ball and when he does head the ball it goes into row z from 3 yards out.

hearts 1-2 Rangers, Boyd pen and lee

St J 1-2 Rangers, Boyd and papac

Rangers 1-1 Hibs, Boyd

Rangers 2-1 St Mirren, Boyd 2

Falkirk 1-3, Boyd 2, Miller

Motherwell 1-1 Rangers, Boyd

6 games where no boyd would have meant... 3 points from those 6.Instead of 3 points from 6 we got 14 points. Obviously thats asuming no1 else would have scored which would not be the case, but can we rely on players like lafferty and naismith to chip in with these goals... of course not. Very pleased for lafferty, great goal, however hes only scored 3 goals this season which is simply not good enough for the guy who is more than likely going to end up replacing Boyd upfront if he leaves.

Boyd gives you goals and if Wattie doesnt want that in his team there is something wrong. May i add to the whole, we can still win and score without him arguement, that the above games show that we cant. Say we only took 3 points from those games we wud not be winning this league so easily.

Boyd is a proven goalscorer!

hearts 1-2 Rangers, Boyd pen and lee

St J 1-2 Rangers, Boyd and papac

Rangers 1-1 Hibs, Boyd

Rangers 2-1 St Mirren, Boyd 2

Falkirk 1-3, Boyd 2, Miller

Motherwell 1-1 Rangers, Boyd

6 games where no boyd would have meant... 3 points from those 6.Instead of 3 points from 6 we got 14 points. Obviously thats asuming no1 else would have scored which would not be the case, but can we rely on players like lafferty and naismith to chip in with these goals... of course not. Very pleased for lafferty, great goal, however hes only scored 3 goals this season which is simply not good enough for the guy who is more than likely going to end up replacing Boyd upfront if he leaves.

Boyd gives you goals and if Wattie doesnt want that in his team there is something wrong. May i add to the whole, we can still win and score without him arguement, that the above games show that we cant. Say we only took 3 points from those games we wud not be winning this league so easily.

Boyd is a proven goalscorer!

I think last nights goal took Kenny Miller level on goals from open play with Boyd this year.

I hate that argument to be honest, it's got more holes than a block of Swiss cheese.