celtc weigh up Billy Davies for manager

Celtc will consider Billy Davies as a candidate to become their new manager after it emerged that he would in principle be agreeable to leaving Nottingham Forest to return to his native Glasgow.

Davies has enjoyed success at the City Ground, guiding Forest into this season's play-offs for a place in the Premier League. However, he has made clear his frustrations regarding the club's complex transfer policy, most recently last month. The former Preston North End and Derby County manager was a candidate to replace Gary Megson at Bolton Wanderers before Owen Coyle took that job in January.

There is a growing possibility Davies will seek a new club at the end of this campaign, regardless of whether Forest gain promotion, and those close to him in Scotland are adamant Celtic are a realistic option. Yet the arrival of the 45-year-old at Parkhead would be controversial, with Davies known to have been a boyhood Rangers supporter. The payment of compensation to Forest may also prove a problem to Celtic, who paid that to lure Tony Mowbray and his coaching team from West Bromwich Albion last summer before suffering the cost implications of sacking that trio.

The hopes of Neil Lennon, the interim Celtic manager, of landing the post permanently may well have been fatally ended by the embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat to Ross County, although he has overseen four successive league wins.

Mark Hughes, Paul Lambert and the Scotland manager, Craig Levein, are also in the thoughts of the Celtic board but club sources have stressed no formal contact will be made with any manager until the end of this season. Talks have taken place only with Hughes's representative, Kia Joorabchian, since Mowbray's departure.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/19/billy-davies-celtic-manager-candidate

Can't see him going to that mob!

Celtc will consider Billy Davies as a candidate to become their new manager after it emerged that he would in principle be agreeable to leaving Nottingham Forest to return to his native Glasgow.

Davies has enjoyed success at the City Ground, guiding Forest into this season's play-offs for a place in the Premier League. However, he has made clear his frustrations regarding the club's complex transfer policy, most recently last month. The former Preston North End and Derby County manager was a candidate to replace Gary Megson at Bolton Wanderers before Owen Coyle took that job in January.

There is a growing possibility Davies will seek a new club at the end of this campaign, regardless of whether Forest gain promotion, and those close to him in Scotland are adamant Celtic are a realistic option. Yet the arrival of the 45-year-old at Parkhead would be controversial, with Davies known to have been a boyhood Rangers supporter. The payment of compensation to Forest may also prove a problem to Celtic, who paid that to lure Tony Mowbray and his coaching team from West Bromwich Albion last summer before suffering the cost implications of sacking that trio.

The hopes of Neil Lennon, the interim Celtic manager, of landing the post permanently may well have been fatally ended by the embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat to Ross County, although he has overseen four successive league wins.

Mark Hughes, Paul Lambert and the Scotland manager, Craig Levein, are also in the thoughts of the Celtic board but club sources have stressed no formal contact will be made with any manager until the end of this season. Talks have taken place only with Hughes's representative, Kia Joorabchian, since Mowbray's departure.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/19/billy-davies-celtic-manager-candidate

theres no way the brendans will have that

Its not going to happen! Davies is a member of the establishment :wink:

:lol:

If the majority of them couldn't take to Gordon Strachan, then they won't take to Billy Davies.

This is it if billy davies is at all serious about taking the job the first person he would call is wee gorden who I'm sure would leave him in no doubt at all about the bigotry that is endemic at septic park

Billy Davies was approached by a prospective new owner a few months ago to sound him out about the Rangesr job, a real King Billy alliance. Perhaps Davies agent is either looking for a better deal at Forest or putting his hat in the ring for other jobs by leaking stories.

Sellik is an unlikely destination but one if leaked was always likely to get much needed publicity to use it to their advantage

Rumours today are stating that if Forest don't win promotion to the EPL then Davies will possibly move to Celtic. Though when reading the actual article there is absolutely nothing that says he will quit Forest or even consider joining Celtic.

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies will quit the City Ground and take up the reins at Celtic if his Championship side fail to win promotion to the Premier League.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Billy Davies is ready to quit Nottingham Forest for Celtic if the Midlands club fail in the Championship play-offs.

Forest are guaranteed a top six spot after a superb season under Davies, who saved them from the drop last term after arriving in January 2009.

But the fiery Scot is very unhappy with the buying policy at Forest, where all purchases have to be approved by ‘transfer acquisition committee’.

And former Preston and Derby boss Davies, 45, is ready to walk out of the club for Celtic in the summer if Forest do not reach the Premier League.

Caretaker Neil Lennon remains favourite for the Celtic post after Tony Mowbray was sacked.

But Davies, whose family still live in Scotland, would like the job despite his links to Rangers, where he played from 1981-84 at the start of his career.

Davies, who will hold talks at the end of the season with his Forest bosses, is also furious with what he claims is a lack of backing and remains frustrated they did not support him after his clash with Derby boss Nigel Clough earlier in the season.

He said: "There will be no conversation until after the play-offs, where we are obviously three games away from the Premier League.

"But I will assess the conduct of people this season and assess what we’ve done and what other people have done.

“I’m not considering my future, I am reviewing and assessing what has taken place to move this club forward and to get better. It’s absolutely crucial that we assess what’s happened and look to the future.

“I made a number of changes last summer after escaping relegation and I will do the same again, whatever happens in the play-offs.

"I will talk about the rights and wrongs. I will review exactly what has taken place and what the future holds.’

Tin hat on here but Davies strikes me as being a bit of a moaning bastard. He's always making out that he's hard done by or moaning about a lack of money to spend.

I wonder if he conducts himself well enough to be the Rangers manager.

Same. Lacks the class and dignity I associate with a Rangers manager. And besides, I wonder if he had no link with Rangers, would anyone really want someone who can nearly cut it in the Championship as our next manager?

Tin hat on here but Davies strikes me as being a bit of a moaning bastard. He's always making out that he's hard done by or moaning about a lack of money to spend.

Indeed, this crap about ratifying transfers by the board, well in a way which team doesn't, and he has a cheek, the Forest board did try to get the targets that Davies was after.

Same. Lacks the class and dignity I associate with a Rangers manager. And besides, I wonder if he had no link with Rangers, would anyone really want someone who can nearly cut it in the Championship as our next manager?

To be fair to him, he took over at Forest and prevented them from being relegated, and in the following season into a guaranteed play off position, if the team hadn't collapsed away from home they might have gotten an automatic promotion.

Mentioned that in a thread the other day Re. Billy Davies. A good manager, slightly overrated, struggles when under pressure, and alway's seems to moan, or fall out with someone at the club.

I wanted him to replace Paul Le Guen, but my opinion of him has changed over the last few years.

I'm not too sure if he could handle the pressure of managing a club like Rangers or celtc - his interviews are pretty poor at times aswell, and he comes out with the wrong stuff. His interview after the Derby and Clough 'scuffle' was embarrassing.

I play tennis with a student who supports Forest, and he say's Billy Davies has completely transformed the club, especially the youth set-up.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Mentioned that in a thread the other day Re. Billy Davies. A good manager, slightly overrated, struggles when under pressure, and alway's seems to moan, or fall out with someone at the club.

I wanted him to replace Paul Le Guen, but my opinion of him has changed over the last few years.

I'm not too sure if he could handle the pressure of managing a club like Rangers or celtc - his interviews are pretty poor at times aswell, and he comes out with the wrong stuff. His interview after the Derby and Clough 'scuffle' was embarrassing.

I play tennis with a student who supports Forest, and he say's Billy Davies has completely transformed the club, especially the youth set-up.

For the better?

Yes, I think he got rid of a number of the reserve players, changed the youth set-up, and brought a few of them into the first team squad. He's complained about the lack of up and coming players on numerous occassions this season.