I Pray This Isnt Boyd's Last Chance To Net Vs Celtic

Stu1993

ONE hundred SPL goals for Rangers. Just one of them scored against Celtic.

Put Kris Boyd in front of goal against a Kilmarnock or a Dundee United and he'll score for fun.

Yet stick him in the box against the Parkhead side and he dries up quicker than an ice bucket in the Sahara.

The Gers striker will run out at Celtic Park tonight desperate to improve on his dismal Old Firm record.

He knows it might be his last chance to score for his boyhood heroes against their bitter rivals.

Out of contract and weighing up lucrative moves to the English Premier League, this could be his last ever Old Firm game.

As a man who loved nothing more than netting against Celtic, Gers No2 Ally McCoist is desperate to see Boyd stay at Ibrox - and go on to prove he is good enough to consistently grab glory in the powderkeg atmosphere of a Glasgow derby.

He said: "It's one of these things. You get teams that you score against and ones where you are not as prolific.

"I couldn't buy a goal against Partick Thistle in all of my career.

"I only managed one and that came in the 89th minute at Firhill one night. There's no rhyme nor reason to it.

"Boydie's had chances against Celtic, but it's just not gone his way. Strikers will sit on 49, 99, 149 goals and struggle for that landmark effort.

"It took Kris long enough to get to 100 and it's strange.

"But Kris is without doubt the most clinical finisher in the country. Maybe he'd have liked a better record against Celtic, but it shouldn't outshine what he's achieved with Killie, Rangers and his country.

"People will nitpick, but if you look at his record it's comparable with anyone over 40 years and nothing should take away from that.

"I don't know if this is his last derby, I hope he has plenty more chances to score against Celtic.

"He'll make up his own mind and exercise his own right to stay or go."

Crowned champions already, McCoist knows having the trophy in the Ibrox cabinet will only fire up Neil Lennon and his Celtic side.

All the Hoops can do is try to restore some pride.

Because McCoist knows if the Parkhead punters can't get their hands on the title, beating the current champs is the next best thing.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2957734/I-pray-its-not-Boyds-last-chance-to-humble-the-Hoops.html#ixzz0mulwhyUG

i hope this doesnt turn in to a " i think boyd will score a last min penalty, i think boyd will score a hat-trick". i just hope if it is his last OF That he gets on and gets a half chance, or helps the team out.

Totally afree RedSi :craphead: i just havent seen anyone with the old, this is boyds game, he will score 3 today etc etc.

For me it would be perfect if Weir, Lafferty, Novo, And Boyd Got One. very rare chance of that happening but.

I never really care who scores against THEM as long as we win, but under these circumstances I'm fuckin praying Boyd AND Lafferty both get one just to see the look on Charlie Nicholas face and to shove it up all those tims that said Boyd only score's against wee teams.

If Walter plays Boyd and Miller up front then Lafferty will slot in at L/M instead of Naismith, but I'm not convinced that KB will actually start, the way Lafferty appears to be on a roll at the moment.

So do you think has Been crap in the 3 old firms games but the rest of the team has been good?

No, he was decent in the first game, but apart from this season a cant remember him playing well when comming on or starting vs them. Last season in the May game when Davis' scored he was decent too, had two very good chances IIRC and missed both.

But missing chances doesn't mean he had a bad game, what about in the 1-0 game this season, I'd say that's the best Boyd has played vs Celtic..his pass to set up miller to hit boruc was unbelievable. I'd start him tonight as I don't think Naismith or novo should be starting as they've not Been playing well. Lafferty and miller have and Boyd played well on sat! Simples.

I doubt Boyd will start against THE ENEMY but if he does or he plays any part of the game I really hope he does score to silence his critics. PS please dont reply with the "you think Kris Boyd can do no wrong" line cause its boring. :uk:

But missing chances doesn't mean he had a bad game, what about in the 1-0 game this season, I'd say that's the best Boyd has played vs Celtic..his pass to set up miller to hit boruc was unbelievable. I'd start him tonight as I don't think Naismith or novo should be starting as they've not Been playing well. Lafferty and miller have and Boyd played well on sat! Simples.

I think you've got a wee thing for Boydy :h34rt:

so we should move lafferty out left because boyd scored at the weekend. ? his attuitude has been awful for months now and laffertys form has raised a bit over the last month, he must be raring to go after the taigs his winner vs Hibs. IMO Boyd doesnt deserve a start and if lafferty was left out vs Utd and then doesnt start against the Taigs then i dont know what walter is doing. He should be playing the big man as he hasnt had much game time and hes on great form and has alot of confidence right now.