Wilson bid

AdzKyle

According to todays papers, Liverpool are set to up their bid to a minimum of £2m! What a joke. A player of his age & potential in England would go for close to £10m without a second thought.

He should not be allowed to leave for less than £5m or £3-4m with some hefty sell on clauses.<---This is quite important and a decent oppurtunity for us over the next few transfer windows.

Yes we are struggling financially but we shouldnt sell our assests at a hugely deflated price.

His contract is up next year, and he is stalling on signing a new one. It is a clever offer if you look at it like that. £2m now or lose him for nothing next season.

We should be telling them where to go though.

If wilson does not sign an extension I would be very unhappy with him... there is a chance to play first team football at the club that has brought him through the ranks. I hope he doesn't jump ship to play reserve footy in england... I know if I was in his shoes, it would be to get at least another years experience up here.

According to todays papers, Liverpool are set to up their bid to a minimum of £2m! What a joke. A player of his age & potential in England would go for close to £10m without a second thought.

I wish people wouldn't come out with this.

We don't play in England and neither does Wilson so how on earth are we in a position to demand a Premiership-esque fee for him?<cr>

Say we went after Lee Griffiths. Would we be expected to pay 5 million because that's what he'd cost if he played in England? Would we bollocks.

2 million is a pretty decent opening offer when you consider his contract situation. Another milion or so and we will have got a very good deal, especially when you consider that we could end up getting nothing for him in a years time

If he doesn't want to sign a new contract, then get him tae fuck!!

He still has a year left on his current contract. Plenty of time to agree a new deal. He could be waiting to see what happens to the club before agreeing to anything.

His contract is up next year, and he is stalling on signing a new one. It is a clever offer if you look at it like that. £2m now or lose him for nothing next season.

We should be telling them where to go though.

This

Hopefully once ellis comes in with the takeover and walter and co get there contracts he will pledge his future to the club.

That's laughable. Another year with champions league experience and we could probably get a larger development fee than that. Man city could get 6.5 million based on appearances for sturridge, and he had started less games than Wilson.

Don't get me wrong, I know we won't get that much, but we could realistically demand about 2.5million next year even if he doesn't sign a new contract.

Don't get me wrong, I know we won't get that much, but we could realistically demand about 2.5million next year even if he doesn't sign a new contract.

No we wouldn't.

England & Scotland have different FA's so we wouldn't be entitled to any development fee/compensation if he moved under freedom of contract.

Motherwell took advantage of this rule to sign Chris Porter, Giles Coke & the Humphery's boy that plays on the wing for them.

If he doesn't want to sign a new contract, then get him tae fuck!!

He still has a year left on his current contract. Plenty of time to agree a new deal. He could be waiting to see what happens to the club before agreeing to anything.

I do hope this is the case mate, suppose we have to wait and see but I'll bet you he fckn walks for nowt!!

That's laughable. Another year with champions league experience and we could probably get a larger development fee than that. Man city could get 6.5 million based on appearances for sturridge, and he had started less games than Wilson.

Exactly, we get compo as he is under 21. We should keep him and if he does go, hopefully we can get a lot more because of his experience.

No we wouldn't.

England & Scotland have different FA's so we wouldn't be entitled to any development fee/compensation if he moved under freedom of contract.

Motherwell took advantage of this rule to sign Chris Porter, Giles Coke & the Humphery's boy that plays on the wing for them.

Fair enough, my bad.

Where the fuck do these stories sprout from? Just who exactly from Liverpool is about to up the bidding...Raffa?

He's not even sure if he will have a job there after this season because he is a fucking disaster as a EPL Manager,so don't bet on him being around to sign Wilson,or any other player come to think of it.

I'd love to know how many millions he has actually spent on buying that squad and the best they can finish is 6th or 7th.Why the hell would want to go there,I'll never know.

We don't play in England and neither does Wilson so how on earth are we in a position to demand a Premiership-esque fee for him?<cr>

Say we went after Lee Griffiths. Would we be expected to pay 5 million because that's what he'd cost if he played in England? Would we bollocks.

2 million is a pretty decent opening offer when you consider his contract situation. Another milion or so and we will have got a very good deal, especially when you consider that we could end up getting nothing for him in a years time

Pretty spot on

he should just accept a new contract with a £5m buyout clause.

He knows' he'll get his move, he should be smarter .

Hi Danny,

Martin Bain here, We need you to sign a deal with a sell on clause that gets Rangers £5 Million, I accept it means you cant sign on a Bosman for another club in January and keep the £5 million for yourself but hey what's £5 million between friends...please sign here

Sure no worries Mr Bain, Rangers first.

And you think the player should be smarter!

I totally disagree about this getting rid of them business if they don't sign a contract by a certain time rubbish, what is the point in that, if he doesn't want to sign a new contract at this moment in time then that's up to him, if an offer comes in for him and Rangers accept the offer then Wilson can make up his own mind about what he wants to do.

There are other issues at the club which need to be rectified first before the club start worrying about improving contracts, and the first issue (apart from a buyer), is getting a management team signed up properly on a new contract, second most important thing is getting those out of contract, who are still wanted, signed up to new contracts and then worry about those players whom we want to extend their contracts.

Wilson is a young lad who isn't being rushed into anything, and that is his right, he also has to recover from his recent injury and make sure there are no further problems with that, then he should decide on a contract offer or not, but it's his right and his right to take his time about it.

Where a player plays should have no difference on his price. Because Gary Caldwell moved to the premiership for £1m, does that now make him a £5m player?!

£2m is NOT a good offer, i would happily take £3m plus a small percentage of a sell on clause.

Where a player plays should have no difference on his price. Because Gary Caldwell moved to the premiership for £1m, does that now make him a £5m player?!

£2m is NOT a good offer, i would happily take £3m plus a small percentage of a sell on clause.

Would you sign a new contract given our current financial predicament?

I wouldn't and i would be waiting until guarantees were in place about the management,new owners,investment in the squad and the pending tax bill.

Bear in mind also that Wilson is a Celtic fan as are his family.

He has no tie with the club other than the fact he plays for us.

If he refuses to sign an extension(which is looking likely) then we do not have a choice. We have to accept what someone offers unless 2 or 3 teams enter a bidding war for him.

I'd rather take £3m for Wilson than sell our first team players.

Exactly.

Wilson is a first team player next season.

Unless he's only to be used as cover for Webster and Weir/McCulloch/Papac at CH.