Trio destined for Ibrox departure

Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Stevie Smith indicated that they are likely to leave Rangers following their championship party at Ibrox on Sunday.

The trio are out of contract this summer and USA winger Beasley, 27, posted on Twitter that it was "time to open a new chapter" in his career.

Smith, 24, confirmed to BBC Scotland that he would be leaving Ibrox.

And Novo, 31, said that, like the defender, a lack of first-team starts was likely to lead to his departure.

Novo, who joined Rangers from Dundee in 2004, is one of six first-team players who will be out of contract at Ibrox and has been linked with Middlesbrough and former club Huesca.

Asked if he would be signing for Gordon Strachan's English Championship club, he said: "Well, we'll see. I have a few options in Spain and down south as well.

It is probably time for John Fleck and other young players to come through as well

Rangers striker Nacho Novo

"I am 31 now and I said I would like to retire at Rangers, but I want to enjoy my football and I don't think I have enough games here.

"It is probably time for John Fleck and other young players to come through as well."

Novo, who came on as a substitute and set up Kyle Lafferty's second goal in a 3-3 draw with Motherwell, said he was likely to want to return to Scotland once he retires from the game.

"Since I have been here, it is everything to me," he said of Rangers and their supporters. "If I am not playing or on the bench, I love to go with them to away games.

"Wherever you go, you will never find a club like Glasgow Rangers or this support."

Smith also came on as a late substitute against Motherwell in what was likely to be his swansong for the club he has been with since his youth days.

"It is a fantastic club and it has been a pleasure to be here for the last eight or nine years," he said.

"I will take a few weeks off and I will make a decision on my future in the summer."

Beasley, who is hoping to win a place in the USA's squad for the World Cup finals, was not even on the bench for the final game of the season.

However, the winger who joined Rangers from PSV Eindhoven in 2007 still lapped up the occasion according to his own posting on Twitter.

"Great way to end the season.. Atmosphere (sic) was AMAZING!! Enjoyed my time at rangers, loved all the fans! Thanks for the support and love!" he said.

"Will always have love for Glasgow and of course RANGERS!! Time to open a new chapter in my book! Look forward to the upcomin' months!!"

My link

Looks like wee Nacho is definitely away :disappointment:

always thought smith was better at LM than LB, Proved it with the first couple of passes he picked out today afetr comming on.

Sad to see Novo leave but his time has come, 7-10k for someone who sits on a bench 7 out of 10 games is not on, also with our current financial state.

i agree, i think Smith will become adam v 2.0 - Just hope he dosent stay in the SPL.

Wish nacho would stay but i thoroughly understand what he said, unfortunatley.

3 players with pace.. good luck in the future (tu):uk:

Stevie Smith? Pace?

Yup

Must be a different Stevie Smith I've been watching since his big injury.

He has no real pace any more, a blind man could see that.

3 players with pace.. good luck in the future (tu):uk:

Stevie Smith? Pace?

Yup

Must be a different Stevie Smith I've been watching since his big injury.

He has no real pace any more, a blind man could see that.

Impossible !