World Cup fantasy football

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it have been easier if everyone just used their username as their team name?

Good idea, but i'm in other leagues with some friends, and they'd be like ':s What a shite name' :lol:

Anyone else looked a little outside the box here?

e.g. picking Sanchez as a striker, because of his excellent goal scoring record at international level. Combined with the fact he's in a group with Honduras and Switzerland, and that you could trade him after the latter for a more "world-renowned" player :sherlock:

Nahhhh? Just me then :pipe:

Anyone else looked a little outside the box here?

e.g. picking Sanchez as a striker, because of his excellent goal scoring record at international level. Combined with the fact he's in a group with Honduras and Switzerland, and that you could trade him after the latter for a more "world-renowned" player :sherlock:

Nahhhh? Just me then :pipe:

in 15 previous games against the same opponents they have won 4 and drawn 1 :pipe:

although 3 of those 4 wins have come against Honduras right enough :)

Aye, but Honduras are pish :sherlock: Plus Palacios looks like he's out.

I think that Chile mad guy should be able to verify this, but hasn't Sanchez got nearly a goal every 3 games ratio in nearly all competitions? Not bad for an winger/attacking midfielder really :pipe:

although 3 of those 4 wins have come against Honduras right enough :)

Aye, but Honduras are pish :sherlock: Plus Palacios looks like he's out.

I think that Chile mad guy should be able to verify this, but hasn't Sanchez got nearly a goal every 3 games ratio in nearly all competitions? Not bad for an winger/attacking midfielder really :pipe:

this is very true , if you want to put him in your side and only get one goal out of him then fine , more chance of me winning :pipe:

:lol:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Not sure if i can be bothered with this.

You can make changes after every game, to get the most points

It should be you can only pick one team through the group stages etc.

:P

Top 3 so far :

1 Clinton Gray The Flying Clintons 0 0 9

1 Dan Fogerty Oxford Rangers 0 0 9

1 SCOTT BOWERS GODS A PROD 0 0 9

Might have something to do with InterGers haven't played yet. (H)

You have a transfer limit though.. 30 transfers max throughout the tournament. So if you think about it, you would be disadvantaging yourself by making loads of transfers during the groupstages because your players would start getting knocked out after the groupstages and you won't have the transfers available to change your team

by the end of tonight i will only have 2 players that have played. A.Cole and Lampard, wish me luck :P

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

You have a transfer limit though.. 30 transfers max throughout the tournament. So if you think about it, you would be disadvantaging yourself by making loads of transfers during the groupstages because your players would start getting knocked out after the groupstages and you won't have the transfers available to change your team

by the end of tonight i will only have 2 players that have played. A.Cole and Lampard, wish me luck :P

For example I could swap Villa for Rooney today, then when Spain play I could swap him back.

Too much bother.

For example I could swap Villa for Rooney today, then when Spain play I could swap him back.

Too much bother.

you get 15 transfers for the first part of the tournament ( group stages) and 15 for the 2nd half of the tournament (tu)

InterGers winning the league so far, with a mighty 60 points.

My very own 'Welshy's team of champions' are in 20th place with 39 points. I've had no luck with my strikers, none of them have managed to get a goal or assist ffs!

Greg Walshs 'anyonebutengland' are bottom of the league with a poor 18 points.