Celtic to break the bank for Boyd

KingKirk

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no quotes from Boyd or Lawell, another pish story, the scottish mhedia have went very low on this one.

next we will be looking into loaning robbie keane.

You'd be mad to sign for the Bheasts

By JOHN HARTSON

Published: Today

ONE swish of a pen.

A signature on a sheet of A4 paper.

Two seconds, tops, and it would be done.

Kris Boyd, Celtic player.

His life would be over.

I'm not being melodramatic. It's a matter of fact in what would be the biggest, most shocking and mind-blowing transfer in Scottish football - maybe even ever.

They tell me Mo Johnston created a few waves when he moved to Ibrox in 1989.

For me this is just as big. The diehards would have a field day, that's for sure.

Out they'd come in their droves telling everyone why this is so wrong.

You know what, they'd be dead right.

Not because of Boyd's religious background or anything like that but because he's the Rangers No9, pure and simple.

He doesn't belong at Celtic.

Boyd is a top-class striker and someone I have constantly praised in these pages.

He scores goals and that's what the game is all about.

He'd never be welcomed back to Ibrox if he pulled on a green and white shirt.

He'd not be welcome at Celtic if he did.

The supporters at my old club wouldn't want him there. They hate me for liking him.

They don't rate him as a top-class striker no matter how many times he hits the net.

They only see his lack of goals on the Old Firm stage, his inability to find the net whenever he plays in Europe.

That's not going to change but more than that, if he moved across the city every time they clapped eyes on him they'd see the blue of Rangers in his eyes.

Just forget it, Boydy.

If you even consider this you must be stark raving mad.

Right now he can walk down Buchanan Street. Nip into Frasers if he fancies.

If he wants a pint there isn't a city centre boozer he can't walk into.

He's a Rangers living legend, for crying out loud.

All the heckling and banter he hears from the opposite side of the divide these days would be nothing compared to the life-threatening abuse he'd be subjected to.

He'd need to move house. His parents would need to move house. His entire social network would need to change.

Sure, the money would be nice but would it make it all worth while? Would it hell.

Truth is, his life would not be worth living.

Celtic may have offered him £120,000 a month and £1m up front to sign but they could give him all that every WEEK and it wouldn't be worth it.

Advertisement

I wouldn't have done it, gone to Rangers after I'd played for Celtic. I could have but I didn't. Sir David Murray phoned me when I was at West Brom and asked if I'd come back to Scotland.

I'd only been away from Celtic eight months. There and then I told him there was no chance.

'Thanks, Mr Murray,' I said, 'but if you'd shown as much interest BEFORE I went to Celtic things might have been different. Not now'.

Not once have I regretted that decision. How could I?

I get a hero's welcome when I go back to Celtic Park. They love me and I love them.

Money can't buy you that, trust me.

It's like me and Cardiff. I'm Swansea through and through and there isn't enough money in the world to have tempted me to sign for that lot.

Without a word of a lie, they could have offered me £50m cash and I'd have turned it down.

My mates would have turned their back on me. My parents wouldn't have been able to leave the house. My sister is a hairdresser and she'd have had to close down her shop.

The Swansea fans in my area would have egged the windows every day.

It doesn't bear thinking about - just like this.

I can't for the life of me work out why Celtic would want to go this route or why Boyd would even possibly think to entertain the idea.

He would be off his bloody head to even think about moving to Celtic. His 127 goals for Rangers would mean absolutely NOTHING.

I reckon he would be a total disaster in the Hoops.

He's not equipped to handle the intensity and pressure he would be under. It could virtually kill his career.

Kenny Miller has played for both but he didn't go straight from Celtic to Rangers.

No, if Boyd has any sense he'll dismiss it out of hand and get down to England.

He'd be able to enjoy life there, not have it ended.

The money would be just as good, if not better, if he gets himself a Premiership outfit to play for.

He'd set himself up for life by leaving Scotland altogether.

That way you can come back home with your head held high, not spend your life looking over your shoulder every minute of every day.

I still have a house in the Midlands. It's on the market at offers over £780,000, Boydy. Cracking property, five acres.

Head for Birmingham, son. You know it makes sense.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2985858/Youd-be-mad-to-sign-for-Bhoys.html#ixzz0otRGa5hv