Come On England

COME ON ENGLAND

By ROBERT GRIEVE

Published: Today

CRAIG LEVEIN has revealed he wants ENGLAND to win the World Cup.

The Scotland boss admits he'd love to see the Auld Enemy triumph in South Africa on July 11.

Levein said: "When English pals ask me who I want to see win the World Cup, I say anybody but England.

"That's just a joke. I DO want them to do well. It would be good for Scotland if they win it."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2990735/Come-on-England.html#ixzz0pEO2skUn

By looks of it most of Scotland would like to see England win it apart from the diehards and THEM but they are :wanker: anyway. I will be supporting them all the way the only I would want England to get beat would be against us and for some reason this year everyone is wanting England to win.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty indifferent about it to be honest. if they play well and show they can play good football then I'll be wanting them to do well. They were rubbish at the last WC and got lucky with their opponents. They always seem to get favourable draws as well I find. Its the jingoism of the English media I cant stand especially from ITV and that turns me right off. If they had rangers players in the squad then they would have my support but they dont. I always support teams which have Rangers players in them so when they play the US and A, I am afraid I will not be cheering England on.

Que the 5 thread debate on why people arent supporting England :rolleyes:

I know it's shite.

We should all just take a leaf out of your book and remind everyone at every given opportunity who it is we're supporting. :rolleyes:

I just find it amusing that some folk are falling over themselves to cheer on England but wont do the same for Scotland when they play. Of course they will go on about hating the SFA and some Scotland fans. Whatever happened to no-one likes us we dont care and supporting the team and not the regime. Just a thought :pipe:

I think it's funny when they lose and the country goes into epileptic seizure

It was so funny when they lost to Croatia 2 years ago and the games almost over and Motty is upset and shrieks at Mark Lawrenson, 'Say something Mark, pleease' honestly thought he was gonna start crying! :lol:

I just find it amusing that some folk are falling over themselves to cheer on England but wont do the same for Scotland when they play. Of course they will go on about hating the SFA and some Scotland fans. Whatever happened to no-one likes us we dont care and supporting the team and not the regime. Just a thought :pipe:

Indeed, a thought you share with us daily :P

We'd probably get about ten pages if the usual suspects turn it into a "we don't support Scotland because..." debate.

And some posters might tell people how they think then not respond when challenged :pipe:

Surely that would never happen on here

Jeff :pipe:

@ Manticore, you'd be disappointed if I didnt :sherlock:

We'd probably get about ten pages if the usual suspects turn it into a "we don't support Scotland because..." debate.

And some posters might tell people how they think then not respond when challenged :pipe:

Challenged on what, pray tell?

Surely that would never happen on here

Jeff :pipe:

@ Manticore, you'd be disappointed if I didnt :sherlock:

Id hope not :pipe:

MisterC :pipe:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=151982&st=70 :pipe:

http://forum.rangers...ic=151982&st=70 :pipe:

"that's because, like so many others, you think supporting Rangers is all about being a proddy and a unionist.

There are those of us who can think for ourselves, and don't need to conform to what we think the stereotypical "Rangers fan" believes in politically."

It's hardly difficult to come to that conclusion....you're happy to remain subservient to an anglo-germanic unelected head of state, who by the way wouldn't piss on you, or any of us, if we were on fire. And for what? Some half-baked ideals borne out of the football club you support rather than any real political convictions.

Some half-baked ideals borne out of the football club you support rather than any real political convictions.

It's this bit which is annoying me. You're stating opinionated rants as fact.

Anyways i've worked at CCHQ, studied politics and taken history to degree level. I feel i am perfectly capable of deciding what is in my interests politically and what is worth preserving. You are obviously going through a bit of a 'phase' where you want to be different and not conform, that's fine. And you obviously have a dislike for the Royal Family, maybe because they are a bit posh, i dont know. (Look i can go on opinionated rants too :BELM: )