I'm sure you all remember this

if im right was the main gripe not because a group of fans me muir and another group who think they are the bees knees wernt there?

aye that's right,there noses got put out of place

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we havent spent a penny yet and its all well offering contracts but if they arent good enough theirs not much point.

further protests may yet be required.

So you would offer Boyd 30 grand a week,Novo two years to sit on the bench and Broadfoot 10 grand a week?

no your right its best to let them walk for nothing. personally i dont believe it would take that to keep the 3 of them. but ignoring them theirs another raft of players running out of contract in the next next year we havent evan started talking about.

on the whole i just dont get threads like this nothings changed yet indeed things have got worse not better

If the reports are true that's a very good offer for Boyd,the pull of his boyhood heroes must not be enough,i don't see how that's our fault.

We tried to punt him and he wouldn't go then he wouldn't sign a new deal,Novo wanted two years as well as more playing time,I agree with him only being offered a years deal as much as i love the wee guy.

Broadfoot has an offer on the table as well,he clearly thinks he can do better than Rangers so i wish him good luck.

You sound utterly depressed,we have came through the worst of it and the fact we will even have a budget this year is more positive

but you seem determined to fear the worst.

Each to their own.

we havent spent a penny yet and its all well offering contracts but if they arent good enough theirs not much point.

So you would offer Boyd 30 grand a week,Novo two years to sit on the bench and Broadfoot 10 grand a week?

no your right its best to let them walk for nothing. personally i dont believe it would take that to keep the 3 of them. but ignoring them theirs another raft of players running out of contract in the next next year we havent evan started talking about.

on the whole i just dont get threads like this nothings changed yet indeed things have got worse not better

If the reports are true that's a very good offer for Boyd,the pull of his boyhood heroes must not be enough,i don't see how that's our fault.

We tried to punt him and he wouldn't go then he wouldn't sign a new deal,

the worst thing about the boyd situation is that if you believe what we offered him is true, then it matches what birmingham offered him 2 january's ago which he was willing to accept but didnt want to leave RANGERS

We tried to punt him and he wouldn't go then he wouldn't sign a new deal,

the worst thing about the boyd situation is that if you believe what we offered him is true, then it matches what birmingham offered him 2 january's ago which he was willing to accept but didnt want to leave RANGERS

That's right and it went up to 30 grand when they made the Premiership IIRC ?

I don't think we should have got him tied up earlier being honest,he wasn't playing enough big games or improving his all round play.

I'm certainly not slitting my wrists at the prospect of him and Broadfoot leaving anyway.

I think everyone is still waiting on those people to apologise or at least say why not.

I think we all know they aren't man enough to apologise to contacts. Some lost their discipline big time.

I think everyone is still waiting on those people to apologise or at least say why not.

I think we all know they aren't man enough to apologise to contacts. Some lost their discipline big time.

Not only that but whats the betting they will find an excuse to defend their position at the time or at least try and justify themselves. Failing that they will think up some other smear.

Can't remember this thread at all must have missed it. Any bear that slaughters another bear though should hang their head in shame, and taking from most people's posts in here Contacts got a shocking amount of abuse. If you were to blame then show you have some dignity FFS say sorry to the man. At the end of the day, we are all Rangers fans, i'm pretty sure Contacts will accept everybody's apologies and get on with it.

Remember in February when one of our most respected and knowledgeable members, Contacts penned an article giving a different slant on the Donald Muir/Lloyds fiasco? If not, refresh your memory:

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=264:state-of-the-rangers-this-is-the-truth-the-whole-truth-a-nothing-but-the-truth&catid=41:finances

Now, also cast your mind back to the reaction this received from certain individuals on here, and the majority on another high-traffic Rangers site. Contacts was called every name under the sun, accused of trying to derail protests being planned against the bank and Muir. Well 4 months down the line i think some may owe this man an apology.

He told us that there would be money to spend in the summer should we win the league, that the bank have an agreed business plan with the club and that contracts would be offered to Boyd, Novo and Broadfoot.

He was absolutely right on all counts. So i'd just like to say thanks to Contacts for sharing his information with the site and not feel threatened by those who enjoyed scaremongering in order to gain website hits and commercial revenue.

Guys with a proven track record on all sites should be respected when sharing information with us, as they don't do it for personal gain.

Yep I was one of them and on hindsight I regret not a thing.

The support were at that time confused, bewildered and angry at what was happening with the club. And while some of us were seeking answers Rangers fans took it upon themselves to meet the individual at the heart of it all.

Can I make this perfectly clear. I am not aligned to any forum in any sense whatsoever.

Boyd-20k per week wasn't good enough.

Novo-Wanted a 2 year contract to sit on his arse.

Broadfoot-Should pinch himself every day to make sure that he isn't dreaming about having a Rangers career.

We are, eventually, not allowing ourselves to be some sort of benevolent society.

We tried to punt him and he wouldn't go then he wouldn't sign a new deal,Novo wanted two years as well as more playing time,I agree with him only being offered a years deal as much as i love the wee guy.

Broadfoot has an offer on the table as well,he clearly thinks he can do better than Rangers so i wish him good luck.

You sound utterly depressed,we have came through the worst of it and the fact we will even have a budget this year is more positive

Each to their own.

but we are a shambles no wonder players want out.

Each to their own.

hmmmmmmmmmmm :shifty:

You seem to enjoy laying into Rangers here gunslinger or should I say pishslinger. Players have finished their contracts and have moved on despite decent offers to stay or werent going to get much of a run anyway. Big deal, over the past year or so who we have lost from the backbone of the team who performs consistently? None, Mendes was inconsistent and the other ones didnt do the job often enough anyway.

Each to their own.

How are we a shambles ? Because we won't offer players stupid wages that helped get us into shit in the first place ?

So we can have another Beasley eating up the cash while he rots in the stand?

If it was McGregor leaving on a Bosman or Davis i can see your point.

If players want out of the Scottish champions due to grace the group stages in the Champions League i think it says more about them than the club.

Thanks folks for all the nice comments.

I'm still amazed the original article got just as much criticism as it received but I suppose it did not fit with some people's agenda.

The day Rangers Media ever becomes a fans forum that controls what the fans discuss and does not allow decent debate would be the last day I logged on to this site. Thankfully Rangers Media has a policy to encourage debate.

Very magnanimous C but there should be line drawn between debate and abuse!

Thanks folks for all the nice comments.

I'm still amazed the original article got just as much criticism as it received but I suppose it did not fit with some people's agenda.

The day Rangers Media ever becomes a fans forum that controls what the fans discuss and does not allow decent debate would be the last day I logged on to this site. Thankfully Rangers Media has a policy to encourage debate.

Now I realise before I started this article I will need my tin hat on and I will be attacked by some but I am sick of people telling me that doomsday is around the corner.

Now out of the whole article that is the most underrated statement made! :craphead:

Criticism and debate is fine never mind who posts what, but outright abuse to any member is way out of order.

I know it occurs because some members post shite, or make posts which are so negative that people feel they are of the other persuasion, but the abuse which was directed to Contacts after that article was just malicious and directed by some (not all) because of their own personal agendas.

There are too many accurate supposed statements within that article for it to be purely guesswork, and I guess it's safe to say that Contacts has that username for more than one reason.

We all know that some people have an agenda that isnt always rangers related and will go against anything that doesnt suit their own.

A good amount of the time people post what they 100% believe to be true and doing so to let others on here know aswell, then their is times when people post stuff on here for their own personal gain and not in good faith.

Each to their own.

yeah we are an utter shambles. 2 leagues in a row and a host of other silverware

shambolic

Each to their own.

2 in a row plus the Cups and a Euro Final when we're a shambles certainly bodes well for the future, when we rise from the shambles.

I for one can't wait for the good times. doh

Think your being a wee bit ott with the praise tbh.

1) Everybody knew if we won the league we would be into and get CL money.

2) Contracts might have been offered, but not 1 player has signed 1. why? We can only assume they not that geat and tbh could even just be a pr stunt, i dont know.

3) Rangers have already been downsized, we lost Mendes in Jan and have lost other plaeys in the summer and have been told by WS that we could have an even smaller first team squad next year. His own words.

4) The budget for player’s salaries will be the same next season as it is this season, well if thats the cass why not offer Boyd much more money as were losing Besley at £18k a week.

Overall i dont beleive most of the crap writtin in the press but i think you and the OP are trying to paint a picture thats alot better than it really is.

2) Contracts might have been offered, but not 1 player has signed 1. why? We can only assume they not that geat and tbh could even just be a pr stunt, i dont know.

3) Rangers have already been downsized, we lost Mendes in Jan and have lost other plaeys in the summer and have been told by WS that we could have an even smaller first team squad next year. His own words.

4) The budget for player’s salaries will be the same next season as it is this season, well if thats the cass why not offer Boyd much more money as were losing Besley at £18k a week.

Overall i dont beleive most of the crap writtin in the press but i think you and the OP are trying to paint a picture thats alot better than it really is.

The reason we are in the financial mire is due to us paying players more than they were worth, and/or more than we could afford. We must be run within budget or we will end up back where we started.

How many times does this need to be spelled out before people grasp it?

4) The budget for player's salaries will be the same next season as it is this season, well if thats the cass why not offer Boyd much more money as were losing Besley at £18k a week.

The OP has stated, on more than one occasion, that all is not rosy in the garden (I think those were his words) and I agree with him, and yourself, on this. But it's not as bad as some folk are making out either. Christ I'm starting to wonder if some folk on here would like to see us get on that big slide that only goes one way just so they could come on here and say I told you so.

As for why we don't offer Boyd more than 21k a week?

IMHO He's not worth it.