Replacement for Kris Boyd?

Muff

According to reports in various newspapers, and rumours going around, Kris Boyd has agreed to swap Ibrox for the Riverside.

So who do we go for to replace this;

2005/06: 21 games - 20 goals

2006/07: 44 games - 26 goals

2007/08: 41 games - 25 goals

2008/09: 46 games - 31 goals

2009/10: 39 games - 26 goals

Currently at the club we have:

Kenny Miller - had a good season infront of goal last season but is not an out and out goalscorer and is not guaranteed to score goals, although he will chip in with a few here and there.

Steven Naismith - mostly played out on the left or right, not too sure how he would do through the middle - not a player I rate or want to see in the team.

Kyle Lafferty - mainly played as a left sided midfielder for the majority of his short career. To me he is neither a goalscorer, provider or target man. His Rangers career so far, like Naismith has been poor, and he is far too inconsistant.

John Fleck - needs to get into the team first, and then prove himself. A toll order asking Fleck to replace Boyd, and come up with the goals.

Andrew Little - Played at right back, right midfield and upfront, not too sure if he's good enough to be playing regularly for Rangers?

Andrius Velicka - back-up player at best, not the answer IMO. Just back from a year out with a serious injury.

Miller, Lafferty, Velicka and Naismith all have things in common. They are inconsistant, and injury-prone (maybe not Velicka but he is back from a career-threatening injury) along with not being regular goalscorers, Miller is more of a provider. The management team must get out there and bring in a striker, one who is good enough to play every week, whether it's alongside Lafferty or Kenny Miller!?

We have been linked with David Nugent, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and Georgie Welcome, how true those reports are is anyone's guess, but hopefully this means we are in the market for a striker.

As for names, we all have a difference in opinion's when it comes to players, and we have to be realistic.

Could a Marlon Harewood, Robert Earnshaw, Walter Pandiani, Wesley Sonck, Mohammadou Idrissou, Angelos Charisteas... a slightly older player do a job, or will we be looking more towards the British Isles?

Personally, I'd like to see someone like Zlatan Ljubijankic, a player who has impressed at the World Cup, and plays his football in Belgium for Gent. Toifilou Maoulida, another player the press have linked with, can also play out wide, but is better through the middle. Zlato Dedic, who surely wouldn't cost that much? Dragan Mrda, Goodwillie (if the price was right), Etien Velikonja, Fredy Montero, Hong Yong-Jo...

If only we could afford Miroslav Klose :(

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the north Korean number 9. Bald guy. Fuck what was his name. Jong tsae

Jong Tae-Se, looks a good player - supposidly signed for Bochum.

Freddy Montero's an interesting one. If I remember correctly, he was only on loan at Seattle. If they've signed him, then the MLS will want megabucks, but it my be slightly less if he's gone back to Cali.

I would also add Mads Junker, Makukula, Shlomi Arbeitman, Fabian Orellana, Brett Holman and Robbie Findley into the mix.

He's no better than Naismith or Lafferty.

would like to see fleck given his chance and grab it, also goodwillie. would like to see us play a faster paced game this season, stretch teams, something we have lacked for years with boyd and the lack of width.

Holman and Findley I like. Also where is vittek playing now?

Has erik nevland signed for anyone after fulham?

Id love to get clint dempsey

Robert Vittek plays in Turkey with Ankaragucu - started of on loan, I'm sure they just signed him permenantly the other day.

Klose would do lovely to help us out in the champs league, sorry i forgot Murray was still in charge, eh, well, probably a Goodwillie or something then

The yank strikers looked pretty tasty

I wouldnt mind the lad from Stoke who played for Hearts, Ricardo Fuller, he would run a mock up here and could handle the Champs League, does very well against the EPL's best defences

Goodwillie and A Nother would do me for up top, would certainly be an improvement on Nacho and KB, neither whom i rated.

Leaves us still needing 2 wingers though

I believe with the right service david goodwillie could come in with 20+ a season! A young lad who has the ability and the confidence to make it at the rangers imo! Although as a few others have said it must be at the right price!