Kevin Thomson signs for Middlesbrough

5cotland

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should get Thomson on a new deal asap, I don't know why it hasn't been made a priority.

Any deal would need to come out of this year's budget, which might not suit, and who's to say wants a new contract?

This makes me fucking sick if he played for the scum they would want about 5mil for him but it wouldnt surprise me if we let him go for 3 only saving grace is Thommo knows he is to good for Strapons team its ok for Boyd but not for real football

players.

Lee Miller - I have a horrible feeling that we will end up signing him. He is awful!

I still think Kevin Thomson will sign a new deal.

People have been asking why KT hasn't been offered a new deal yet? I would have thought the priorities at this moment in time would be signing new players and then think about contract extensions for those that are in their last year.

If the deal is supposed to be £2.7 million plus Miller, well if you compare the amount it costs these days to buy a player from the Championship then this is actually quite a good deal for a player who is in his last year of his contract. As for the position that KT plays in, don't we have quite a few players already who can play there, and if we possibly get the players in who can play wide and play Davis in a more central role then we're going to have KT, Edu and McCulloch all vying for a spot beside Davis.

Ideally, we would keep KT and get him a contract extension sorted out eventually, but our options are going to be limited with restricted finances.

I would take it. We cannot afford to let our star players walk away for nothing, I thought we learnt that from Laudrup all those years ago.

Boyd tae

I would take it. We cannot afford to let our star players walk away for nothing, I thought we learnt that from Laudrup all those years ago.

Boyd tae

Boyd was offered a new contract at the very top of our wage structure and he chose to walk away, remember, at one time Boyd was put up for sale but he chose to refuse the deal and stay with Rangers, we didn't let him walk away for nothing he chose to run down his contract and walk away.

While not ideal, I actually think that would be a decent deal, especially when you consider Thomsons contract situation.

If this deal happened we would finally have the target man option that we desperately need and we could turn our attention to Gomis, Bauben or McArthur who would cost about a third of what we would receive for Thomson and we would still have money left over to play with.

It's not ideal, but Smith is going to have to wheel and deal this Summer.

I'd love to keep Kevin Thomson, move on one of Lee McCulloch or Maurice Edu and bring in Morgaro Gomis - I think he'd be a star in the Rangers team. Not only a destroyer, but a good, intellegant footballer!

As for Lee Miller, we'd be better throwing Lee McCulloch up there. He is absolutely terrible and if he were to sign, the lack of ambition and knowledge would show.

While not ideal, I actually think that would be a decent deal, especially when you consider Thomsons contract situation.

If this deal happened we would finally have the target man option that we desperately need and we could turn our attention to Gomis, Bauben or McArthur who would cost about a third of what we would receive for Thomson and we would still have money left over to play with.

I'd love to keep Kevin Thomson, move on one of Lee McCulloch or Maurice Edu and bring in Morgaro Gomis - I think he'd be a star in the Rangers team. Not only a destroyer, but a good, intellegant footballer!

As for Lee Miller, we'd be better throwing Lee McCulloch up there. He is absolutely terrible and if he were to sign, the lack of ambition and knowledge would show.

This is what you're looking at really.

We should be getting rid of McCulloch for a Gomis or a McArthur, not Thomson.

This is what you're looking at really.

We should be getting rid of McCulloch for a Gomis or a McArthur, not Thomson.

Kevin Thomson should have been offered a new contract by now - there is absolutely no forward planning at this club.

The downsizing will continue.

McGreedy is worth 10million well so celtic think, thomson is a far better player than him last year of his contract or not, thomson worth a lot more that 2.7 million even with a year left. He will sign a new contract with us :)

I'm not sure how to put it without being accused of being 'feart' of Celtic, but we have a LOT of work to do before now and the Kilmarnock game if we're going to retain this title.

We've lost Boyd, Novo, Beasley and Thomson's being linked with a move away. We've kept on one of the worst quality defenders I've seen at Ibrox, as well as a player who will be 41 come the end of the year.

The tims could be signing Campbell, Ledley has signed, Bullard is interested, while Du Ri and Mulgrew are better than what they currently have. Plus they don't have Mowbray to make an arse of things next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but unless we start showing a bit of inventiveness and imagination (and a bit of that thing called urgency) in the transfer market then next year is going to be a right struggle.

I'm not sure how to put it without being accused of being 'feart' of Celtic, but we have a LOT of work to do before now and the Kilmarnock game if we're going to retain this title.

We've lost Boyd, Novo, Beasley and Thomson's being linked with a move away. We've kept on one of the worst quality defenders I've seen at Ibrox, as well as a player who will be 41 come the end of the year.

The tims could be signing Campbell, Ledley has signed, Bullard is interested, while Du Ri and Mulgrew are better than what they currently have. Plus they don't have Mowbray to make an arse of things next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but unless we start showing a bit of inventiveness and imagination (and a bit of that thing called urgency) in the transfer market then next year is going to be a right struggle.

Thank fcuk someone else said it.

:rolleyes: You would be as well asking for Iniesta and Xavi!

:rolleyes: You would be as well asking for Iniesta and Xavi!

Hah! Over big Lee? You must be fucking joking.

People can hide behind the fact that Mowbray couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, but they're improving and we aren't.

That's a fact.

We are worse off, anyone who say's differently is talking shite!

We have lost Beasley, Novo, Boyd, Smith... we have tied down Weir and Broadfoot, others may leave, we wont be signing the quality we require, we are skint!