Kevin Thomson signs for Middlesbrough

5cotland

Is Thomson really that good?

Is Thomson an irreplaceable member of our 1st team

Is £3M or thereabouts not a good return on him seeing as we paid £3M for him and he's not exactly set the heather on fire?

Are there better players in our squad or elsewhere who could do a better job,be injured less and spend more time on the park instead of the stand.

Just asking?

In the long run possibly McMillan who has agreed to a new deal. ;)

Rather than Jordan McMillan I would prefer to see Jamie Ness in Thomson's position should he be sold.

Forgot about Ness in all honesty, hope to see more of him this season.

Similar to Thomson in many aspects of his game.Feel this will be a big season for him if he can stay injury free.

I really hope that a lot of those on the fringes are used more in the League Cup competition to give them some experience.

Amen to that.how do we expect the youngsters to gain experience and progress if they never get the opportunity

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we cant afford to offer him the deal he is expecting so we must cash in but i reckon it should be cash -never mind all this lee miller swap/makeweight pish

and for the record i dont think hes all that great-good but his temprement and tackling need to improve if hes to move on to better things

I dont understand why everyone is blaming Strapon here?

We have brought all this on ourselves, both now and with Boyd.

Two important first team players who the board/management have allowed to run down their contracts!

No doubt Smith and Bain will try to pass the buck and blame everyone from the players themselves to Lloyds bank, but in reality they two are the main culprits. Just wait for the ''we did everything we could to keep him'' quote appearing from Walter Smith very soon.....

First team players should have no less than 24 months left on their contracts before a new one gets thrown in front of them, that way if they do knock it back you have a full season to plan ahead or even convince them to stay, rather than the situation were in just now, 5 weeks before the start of the season and we dont have a fucking clue what our teams going to be!

Rangers FC..... run by fucking amateurs

Middlesbrough fan here.

The deal that has been rumoured down here is the £2.7m plus Miller, the Lita rumours was wrong, it is looking like he's off to Leeds.

Also, I heard someone mention Arca and O'Neil, I would happily pay for their coach fare or even drive them upto Ibrox myself if you took them!

Middlesbrough fan here.

The deal that has been rumoured down here is the £2.7m plus Miller, the Lita rumours was wrong, it is looking like he's off to Leeds.

Also, I heard someone mention Arca and O'Neil, I would happily pay for their coach fare or even drive them upto Ibrox myself if you took them!

just give us the 2.5m and keep miller :lol:

Middlesbrough fan here.

I would rather lose David Wheater than see Lee Miller in a Middlesbrough shirt next season :P

Middlesbrough fan here.

You can keep your Lee Miller, he is bloody awful.

Middlesbrough fan here.

Middlesbrough fan here

We will give you 2.7m, the extra 200k is for you to take miller :P

I'm sorry to this is happening to your club, but end of the day its competition and we want to get back into the EPL. Our manager just feels 2 of your players will help, and I agree.

Offer him a new contract, if he rejects it then sell him, but at least ask for a bit more money and no Lee Miller

i agree, thats whats killing me, the lee miller part of it

get him to fuck

(tu)

Middlesbrough fan here.

Middlesbrough fan here

I'm sorry to this is happening to your club, but end of the day its competition and we want to get back into the EPL. Our manager just feels 2 of your players will help, and I agree.

How are you guys taking to Strachan? Is he the man to get you back up, or your backs up?

I don't know how anyone can blame Gordon Strachan or Middlesbrough - end of the day they are looking to strengthen their squad, and if it means going after our players, touch titty, that's football!

Gordon Strachan has been after Kevin Thomson for years now, not suprised to see he is interested in him - just don't include that dud, Lee Miller in the deal.

Middlesbrough fan here.

Middlesbrough fan here

How are you guys taking to Strachan? Is he the man to get you back up, or your backs up?

He'll take us back up, just getting annoyed with him constantly raiding the SPL for players when we have a pretty good scouting system :(

Two important first team players who the board/management have allowed to run down their contracts!

No doubt Smith and Bain will try to pass the buck and blame everyone from the players themselves to Lloyds bank, but in reality they two are the main culprits. Just wait for the ''we did everything we could to keep him'' quote appearing from Walter Smith very soon.....

First team players should have no less than 24 months left on their contracts before a new one gets thrown in front of them, that way if they do knock it back you have a full season to plan ahead or even convince them to stay, rather than the situation were in just now, 5 weeks before the start of the season and we dont have a fucking clue what our teams going to be!

:(

and so fucking true

Bain is a clueless wanker and Smith is fast losing the plot

maybe even our disappearing owner must take some blame too, despite him being told to take a back seat, this is long term, he brought this on years ago

(tu)

I don't know how anyone can blame Gordon Strachan or Middlesbrough - end of the day they are looking to strengthen their squad, and if it means going after our players, touch titty, that's football!

Gordon Strachan has been after Kevin Thomson for years now, not suprised to see he is interested in him - just don't include that dud, Lee Miller in the deal.

Spot on.

Middlesbrough fan here.

Middlesbrough fan here

He'll take us back up, just getting annoyed with him constantly raiding the SPL for players when we have a pretty good scouting system :(

When he first went to Celtic he said he had spent the previous 18months watching football and building dossiers on players around the globe. His first signings included Dion Dublin, Paul Telfor and Adam Virgo!

and so fucking true

maybe even our disappearing owner must take some blame too, despite him being told to take a back seat, this is long term, he brought this on years ago

(tu)

Im sure he would wash his hands of the whole thing... like he does every other time the going gets tough

I would be very disappointed and angry if we sold Thomson for the kind of fee that has been mentioned, the sad truth of the matter is that the club is most likely in no kind of position to turn down a bid of that size and that this sad state of affairs is unlikely to change until Murray is removed from the club. The next few years could be very difficult indeed unless something changes soon.

and so fucking true

(tu)

Im sure he would wash his hands of the whole thing... like he does every other time the going gets tough

well he has basically, on more than 1 occassion

after such a good start of his ownership too, the millenium years ruined him and us

i have no respect for him anymore, wish he would just fuck off and take his pet bain with him

Offer him a new contract, if he rejects it then sell him, but at least ask for a bit more money and no Lee Miller

A bit less money and no Lee Miller would be more like it! :lol:

Good to see a couple of decent Boro fans on to discuss the transfer dealings, welcome (tu)