signings

Gaz73

dont know how we can buy or sign anyone if we cant even afford to keep thommo, webster and miller next season <cr>

unless walter is using any funds we have just for his last season, if i was Ally, i would not be happy, Walter is already talking down Allys budget and Allys chances of keeping players he may need for his management career at Rangers, its fuckin mental!

anyway, 2 wingers with pace, skill and an ability to cross a ball would do fine and a striker capable of battering fuck out of opposing defences and scoring goals, someone who will not look out of place in the champs league, not that we will need any strikers in europe right enough the way things are going!

:(

Jose Goncalves, David Goodwillie and Danny Swanson or Craig Conway. They're the best of a very bad bunch in this league and, in reality, I can't see us being able to afford anyone out with Scotland considering the fact that, if media reports are bang on, we could be forced to cash-in on our current players who are entering the final year of their contract.

We will need to replace Boyd. Even IF he did only score against the lesser teams we will still need to replace his goals

Boyd's going to be a huge loss. Dont think we will be able to replace him. He was vital in the sense that he thrived in games where we dominated possession against a packed defence. Those are the games where you drop daft points. He needed one or two chances while the rest of our strikers needed 4 or 5.

Jose Goncalves, David Goodwillie and Danny Swanson or Craig Conway. They're the best of a very bad bunch in this league and, in reality, I can't see us being able to afford anyone out with Scotland considering the fact that, if media reports are bang on, we could be forced to cash-in on our current players who are entering the final year of their contract.

thats not a bad thing, in fact im happy with that, they are all getting older, slower and more injury prone, and most i dont think we need anyway, the mhedia will love making it sound like we are tearing our team to shreads, that is nonsense, we are building for the future, our future does not include guys like papac, mcculloch, velicka, miller at 30-32 next year, we dont know how fit webster is or how he will fit in.

the only 1 would miss next year is.................in fact none of them, they can all go, even thomson if the fee is right and it doesnt include lee miller!

i just dont want to lose Davis or Bougherra but their contracts are fine for now, so unless we get funny money for them, they will be here next year

(tu)

thats not a bad thing, in fact im happy with that, they are all getting older, slower and more injury prone, and most i dont think we need anyway, the mhedia will love making it sound like we are tearing our team to shreads, that is nonsense, we are building for the future, our future does not include guys like papac, mcculloch, velicka, miller at 30-32 next year, we dont know how fit webster is or how he will fit in.

I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree with it.

We need to be honest and, regardless of what the media spouts, it's quite evident that we're in no position to 'build for the future' through our own choice.

My fear on the matter of youth is that, due to the financial restrictions, Walter is being forced to hand young guys like Jordan McMillan a contract and imply that he's knocking on the first team door when, in reality, he'd have been doing so at least a year or two ago had he been good enough.

Velicka, we don't require. Thomson, Papac and McCulloch, when you take into consideration the position that we're in, we need to keep because, right now, our squad is very small.

I understand what you're saying, but I can't agree with it.

We need to be honest and, regardless of what the media spouts, it's quite evident that we're in no position to 'build for the future' through our own choice.

My fear on the matter of youth is that, due to the financial restrictions, Walter is being forced to hand young guys like Jordan McMillan a contract and imply that he's knocking on the first team door when, in reality, he'd have been doing so at least a year or two ago had he been good enough.

Velicka, we don't require. Thomson, Papac and McCulloch, when you take into consideration the position that we're in, we need to keep because, right now, our squad is very small.

yes we are, our youths are coming through now, more and more of them, thats building for the future, i didnt mean goign out and buying 3m pound youngsters, i meant rearing our own

why would mcmillan be knocking on the door? hes had several more experienced players in front of him, loads of first teamers, its near impossible for any youth to knock on the first team team door under walter, as he has so much reliance on older heads.

i dont care about thsoe players whos deals are up, the mhedia can say what they like, im happy with that, good riddance in some cases

we do not need to keep thommo, papac or mculloch, we have cover for thommo, papac i do not rate and is getting older, and mcculloch i dont even know why hes here, hes crap, we dont need him and i dont want him anywhere near a Rangers team.

(tu)

Hopefully a right and left sided midfielder/winger, a striker and a replacement, should anyone leave. Hopefully we look outwith the SPL and British Isles!

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm not expecting much, if any.

Conway and Goodwillie :(

One played well for 5 months of the season, the other does it now and again and is a bitter tim. Surely we can do better than that!?