Players who came, looked, and never signed?

Doc_Gorman

yeah fowler is a bear

:wink:

Big time m8, he wouldve signed for Rangers no bother but Advocatt didny fancy him. I think the stories about him snorting white lines put paid to him being a full time bear. He did play 1/2 a game for us in a friendly at Ibrox.

I :h34rt: Fowler. My very first Liverpool hero. Would have loved for him to play for us, would have teared the SPL apart easily (tu)

Your perhaps too young but I saw him play for us at Alan McLaren's testimonial :pipe:

If memory serves me correctly he scored aswell? Robbie Fowler Rangers Legend.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a player come to Ibrox -- without knowing what's on offer? Curious.

dit: I understand the wining/dining bs we all go thru.. but in this day? You only go where the money is? And we had to have said... you get ~15k per week plus bonuses.. so come on up and have a look.

Hope this wank just gets lost in the Championship, or even better, the Scottish 2nd division. F*ck him.

I just don't buy this is our fault.

How can a player come to Ibrox -- without knowing what's on offer? Curious.

dit: I understand the wining/dining bs we all go thru.. but in this day? You only go where the money is? And we had to have said... you get ~15k per week plus bonuses.. so come on up and have a look.

Hope this wank just gets lost in the Championship, or even better, the Scottish 2nd division. F*ck him.

I just don't buy this is our fault.

this

I wouldn't call a player who is not a Scottish Rangers fan a "Wanker" for not signing for us.....I would however call him a person who thinks more of his wallet than he does of what he actually could achieve on a football field with regards to playing in front of a packed stadium every fortnight, plus the chance of playing against the best in Europe in the Champions League.

When I played football, it was all about how good we could become and what we could win in our careers,and getting paid big money for doing so was considered a bonus.....Now it's all bank accounts and getting your name in the fucking media more than it is about wanting to prove your worth to supporters.

The younger ones on this forum might disagree with how I view the game today as opposed to the days when if you got £15 a week, you were a legend, but that's how it used to be.:pipe:

In 1996, he was linked to several teams, and after failing to transfer to Benfica and Rangers (due to the strict British rules involving non-EU players), he signed with Portuguese side FC Porto, where with help from players such as Zlatko Zahovič, Sérgio Conceição, and Ljubinko Drulović, he was the top goalscorer in Europe for three years (1998–99, 1999–00, 2001–02), with a goal average of slightly over one goal per match (130 goals in 125 games, avg: 1.04). Although he was top scorer three times, due to the use of coefficients based on each European league's standards, he only won twice, the 1998–99 and 2001–02 European Golden Boots. He lost out to Kevin Phillips in 1999–00 despite Phillips having scored six fewer goals than Jardel.

If it wasnt his drug problems and the ones with his wife, he would've done much better in the last few years of his career. Now he plays in Cherno More( that means Black Sea) in Bulgaria. Since he left Sporting at age of 29 i see lots of teams he played for and he was nowhere near the success that used to follow him before.

p.s Karen Jardel was GIP material if I remember right. I think there was a Mrs Jardel Supporters Club , even though he didnt sign. lol

My dad helped run the Karen Jardel loyal for years. Real name is Uddingston No:1.

Thats Jardel`s wife m8, she was a stunner . Some RSC renamed the club after her and used the name for about 2-3 years even though he didnt sign.

They didn't actually re name the club it was just a wee joke.

One of the members worked in the printing industry and got a shield made up with a naked picture of Karen Jardel bending over and a Rangers crest covering her nanny and tits. It used to get some amount of laughs with everyone walking passed the bus at Ibrox.

I think the shield is in the cellar of the pub still. Ill find out and if it is I will get a pic posted.

If eagles had signed with us he would have gotten to play infront of 50000 every second week, win trophies, play in the old firm derby and play european football at the highest level - sounds very decent to me compared to what he will experience with burnley - midtable football, playing infront of 2 men and a dog and having no chance of winning any trophies! fuck him he's a wanker doesnt appreciate our fine club like quite alot of players nowadays!