Has Walter inadvertently pulled of a masterstroke?

Was having a think about the whole Wilson situation and it came to mind that this may work out very well for us.

Our youngsters have been talked up for years Fleck, Little, Wilson, Shinnie, Wylde etc.. And we have all moaned about them not getting enough first team games, however in light of Wilson leaving I think this may have worked out very well for us.

My thinking behind this is, we never knew how good Wilson was going to be until he was flung into the deep end in unforeseen circumstances and because of this his potential has brought the predators to the door for his signature at a reported fee of £2m rising to £5m.

So what if the other guys there are as good as we have been hearing? If even a couple of them are as good as or better than Wilson then Walter may have inadvertently pulled off a masterstroke. We know that these guys are going to get their chance this year and show what they can do however if it was last season they got their chance and they did shine I would fear they would be off as well. If we were offered the same price I think the chance to get rid of 3 youngsters for a potential £15m a reported half of our debt would be something Murray/Bain would jump at.

So to summarise Walters refusal to bring through youngsters may just have saved our season.

Or did Walter see this coming?

aye was in the bow loyal thread earlier getting wasted Kenndo! :beer1:

haha, class sir!

Better get some 'welding' done eh!!!

I think it was always on the cards that Wilson was offski, as he was very reluctant to declare his desire to stay other than when cornered by the mhedia. At the end of the day, the lad is off and we are (hopefully) going to coin in as much as possible for a young talent, who, as you pointed out, may or may not turn out great - as opposed to letting them rot in the reserves/youth team for years, then fuck off for free.

Im pretty sure him and big Soti will take the EPL by storm next season!

But seriously, good luck to wee Wilson - never let us down and looks a real prospect (hence the scousers getting their wheeltrim-nickin fingers out and counting their shrapnel).

Next!!

now that is just pulling at strings. yeah, youngsters can often come in and make a big difference,like wilson did, like rooney did at everton, but we are asking numerous youngsters to make up a squad and come in and do the business week in week out, and that is far from guaranteed and will give other teams confidence to play against us and have less fear of us, which has proved to be difficult with teams like hibs, hearts and dundee united.

now that is just pulling at strings. yeah, youngsters can often come in and make a big difference,like wilson did, like rooney did at everton, but we are asking numerous youngsters to make up a squad and come in and do the business week in week out, and that is far from guaranteed and will give other teams confidence to play against us and have less fear of us, which has proved to be difficult with teams like hibs, hearts and dundee united.

and if they end up prolific fekking legends, that could be different, just maybe

or maybe rangers talk all the young players up because it makes other clubs go.. aye? rangers in debt? young starlet aye? see if they will accept a cheeky 2mill bid...and rangers would snap there hand at that offer because who here has seen Danny Wilson actually produce something special? hes just an average centre back at a big team with a depleted squad at a young age that is all.

The boys a good player, to come in and play in the cl at 17, and not look out if place, to play in the OF game and not look out of place. To play so many games at a club as big as ours and a young age and impress on a few occasions just shows that the boy must be half decent! I reckon liverfool have got a real prospect on their books.

The way to reduce our debt is to win the league and get into the CL.....not sell our best players cos that would end with us being weaker and not winning the league and not getting into the CL .

produce and keep the best...along with 3 or so quality additions and win this title and send Lemon back home,then we can get into the CL and pay off the debt...better solution.

Was having a think about the whole Wilson situation and it came to mind that this may work out very well for us.

Our youngsters have been talked up for years Fleck, Little, Wilson, Shinnie, Wylde etc.. And we have all moaned about them not getting enough first team games, however in light of Wilson leaving I think this may have worked out very well for us.

My thinking behind this is, we never knew how good Wilson was going to be until he was flung into the deep end in unforeseen circumstances and because of this his potential has brought the predators to the door for his signature at a reported fee of £2m rising to £5m.

So what if the other guys there are as good as we have been hearing? If even a couple of them are as good as or better than Wilson then Walter may have inadvertently pulled off a masterstroke. We know that these guys are going to get their chance this year and show what they can do however if it was last season they got their chance and they did shine I would fear they would be off as well. If we were offered the same price I think the chance to get rid of 3 youngsters for a potential £15m a reported half of our debt would be something Murray/Bain would jump at.

So to summarise Walters refusal to bring through youngsters may just have saved our season.

I'd sooner see them establishing themselves in our first team for years to come than bringing them through simply to sell them on.

At the end of the day, Wilson did not want to be here and was in his final year of his contract. Getting £2m just now with the chance of a further £3m is good business. Sadly, it looks like walter will see very little of it to strengthen.

The way to reduce our debt is to win the league and get into the CL.....not sell our best players cos that would end with us being weaker and not winning the league and not getting into the CL .

produce and keep the best...along with 3 or so quality additions and win this title and send Lemon back home,then we can get into the CL and pay off the debt...better solution.

the days of getting into the c/l could be over for along long time whether we win spl or not. the bank know this hence the reason they want their money asap with the assets currently their . baks are no longer into gambling on imaginary future resources im afraid

So your saying Walter see's our future as being a farming club for the EP? Don't think so.

I get where you are coming from but what are the chances of another 3 youngsters being hyped up the way Wilson or Fleck were?

I am no expert when it comes to the younger players, I can only base my opinion on the few who have got some time on the pitch for the first team and from what others have told me. Just seems rather unlikely.

Plus if the rumors are true and the bank want their money asap, then it is far more likely we will be selling a few more first team players in the near future than hold of for youngsters to make a name for themselves.