Georgie Welcome on trial next week

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you appear to be completely underwhelmed but I reckon we may have unearthed a gem here.

We've been watching him for some time and I'm genuinely excited at the thought of seeing him in a Rangers strip; a kind of Dan Cousin minus the attitude.

Besides, I like his name...... We WELCOME the chase. :wink:

Hopefully Mccoist won't be the one running the rule over him. I seem to remember him commenting that Jardel couldn't trap a bag of cement when he was over here when we were considering signing him.

Some of you appear to be completely underwhelmed but I reckon we may have unearthed a gem here.

We've been watching him for some time and I'm genuinely excited at the thought of seeing him in a Rangers strip; a kind of Dan Cousin minus the attitude.

Besides, I like his name...... We WELCOME the chase. :wink:

Hopefully Mccoist won't be the one running the rule over him. I seem to remember him commenting that Jardel couldn't trap a bag of cement when he was over here when we were considering signing him.

Jardel was supposedly awful when training with us.

I hope this isnt instead of Jelavic or Mphela, because he looked pish at the WC

It will. not one of them players will come, We will sign bargain basements.

I thought he looked promising in the World Cup and another thing..... he may be even better than Jelavic and Mphela, only time will tell.

If he does sign then let's give the lad a chance. (tu)

Its shite though that this is what we are reduced to signing, he wont be good enough and its a sorry state of affairs it has come to this

Paying big money is no guarantee of success

Aye because we have loads of money to spend on making big signings :rolleyes:

To be honest I thought this had died a death after we were first interested in him, but if he does well and we do sign him then I hope he does well, don't know much about the standard of football in Honduras but his goal scoring record is pretty good.

Looked on you tube for some of his goals could only find 1 against the U.S.A We might be failing in other departments so its back to the bargain bins?

not to sure about him , but only time will tell if we do sign him

what happend to looking for a winger ?

We have one, his name is Wylde ;)

We might play a narrower type formation?

Papac, Weir, Bougherra (if still here) Whittaker

McCulloch

Davis Edu

Miller New Striker Naismith/Lafferty

To be honest I thought this had died a death after we were first interested in him, but if he does well and we do sign him then I hope he does well, don't know much about the standard of football in Honduras but his goal scoring record is pretty good.

Looked on you tube for some of his goals could only find 1 against the U.S.A We might be failing in other departments so its back to the bargain bins?

It's living within the financial restrictions that the club is currently under, and every player has to start from somewhere no-one can tell if they will be a success or not until they are given a chance.

I'll use a horrible horrible example, Celtic didn't pay that much money for Larsson and even though I hate to say it he turned out to be a good player.

It makes sense to bring him on trial first instead of spending money on him to turn out shite.

Only seen him play 3 games but it is unfair to judge a player in three games at the WC. Although I would prefer it if we signed Nikica Jelavic or Katlego Mphela.

I hope this isnt instead of Jelavic or Mphela, because he looked pish at the WC

I'd rather we got Jelavic or Mphela aswell, but if Welcome impresses on his trial, £600,000 isn't a massive fee to pay.

We should never base our signing targets of one fucking competition (WC in this example). El-Hadji Diouf had a great WC back in 02, Liverpool splash £10m for him and looked what happened.

Me nor do i think anyone else had ever heard of this cunt before the WC, so a no from me.

We should be pursuing two wingers first, Eagles knocks us back now all of a sudden we aren't going after wingers? Was Eagles the only winger Walter had in mind?? Two wingers & a striker should be the three players targeted.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

We should never base our signing targets of one fucking competition (WC in this example). El-Hadji Diouf had a great WC back in 02, Liverpool splash £10m for him and looked what happened.

Me nor do i think anyone else had ever heard of this cunt before the WC, so a no from me.

We should be pursuing two wingers first, Eagles knocks us back now all of a sudden we aren't going after wingers? Was Eagles the only winger Walter had in mind?? Two wingers & a striker should be the three players targeted.

So if you haven't heard of him, he can't be good?

Nice theory.

quite a disappointment compared to the South African and the Croation.....looks like smoke screens from Rangers again.

McCoist went to the world cup to scout and he thought Welcome was a good player......fuck me!!!

Really happy - if this is true - that Rangers are cautious enough to get him on trial before making a move for him. £600,000 isn't exactly breaking the bank but its still money that could be used elsewhere and thats positive thinking for the club.

I have no idea what this guys like so I'm not going to criticise or talk him up to be the next best thing, but we can only just wait and see. To be honest, I'd definitely prefer Mphela or Jelavic though.

Am I talking shite or did I hear that Mphela and Jelavic have both played on the wings for their clubs? Definitely prefer them up top but it might be possible that if we brought in all three, we'd have a very versatile attacking set up.

quite a disappointment compared to the South African and the Croation.....looks like smoke screens from Rangers again.

McCoist went to the world cup to scout and he thought Welcome was a good player......fuck me!!!

They were watching him before the WC