Georgie Welcome on trial next week

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite a disappointment compared to the South African and the Croation.....looks like smoke screens from Rangers again.

McCoist went to the world cup to scout and he thought Welcome was a good player......fuck me!!!

They were watching him before the WC

Exactly, which is something people seem to be conveniently forgetting!

Anyway I think we should go for Drogba I'm sure we could afford him.

It's all very well watching him in the Honduras league but you can't really tell what he's like until you can compare him with others in the squad. A trial is a great idea, good luck to him it will be a massive culture shock so he'll have to show a lot of character to get a contract

It's all very well watching him in the Honduras league but you can't really tell what he's like until you can compare him with others in the squad. A trial is a great idea, good luck to him it will be a massive culture shock so he'll have to show a lot of character to get a contract

Manuel Figueroa, Wilson Palacios and Hendry Thomas all unknowns until Wigan took a chance and they came from nowhere in Honduras.

Manuel Figueroa, Wilson Palacios and Hendry Thomas all unknowns until Wigan took a chance and they came from nowhere in Honduras.

Spot on mate.

Watch out for the name Edixon Perea being linked with us next, another striker, Columbian this time, and by the way he would be a Bosman I believe.

Do you mean you've heard this somewhere mate?

Watch out for the name Edixon Perea being linked with us next, another striker, Columbian this time, and by the way he would be a Bosman I believe.

Someone suggested him on here the other day, he's a free and wants a move to Europe but will probably head down south :(

Yeah, in all honesty I think it is just rumour control so not starting a thread about him.

Someone suggested him on here the other day, he's a free and wants a move to Europe but will probably head down south :(

He's supposed to be looking at options north and south of the border.

Yeah, in all honesty I think it is just rumour control so not starting a thread about him.

Aye thats fair enough. I don't really think we stand a chance with many South Americans. Is there not work permit problems usually? I can only remember Nieto and Emerson as the last South Americans we had on board and thats going back a bit. :lol:

Didn't know that mate, all I know is he was looking to move to Europe (tu) Is he any good? Never seen him play before but heard he has a decent goalscoring record for Colombia

Figueroa had a trial then a loan spell before signing permanently, seems a good route to follow and let's hope welcome is as talented!!

I believe the other two were also on trial first confirming that clubs like to look at them up close first

Didn't know that mate, all I know is he was looking to move to Europe (tu) Is he any good? Never seen him play before but heard he has a decent goalscoring record for Colombia

Don't know in all honesty, started well when started his career in Columbia, then he lost his way when he went to Bordeaux then went to a club called Gremio in South America and they've released him from his contract but is still picked by the Columbian national side.

Muff was talking about him being linked with UK teams the other day, no doubt they seen it on here and put 2 and 2 together.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=157683