Gerard Pique

trueblue1872

Walter Smith is interested in Manchester United defender Gerard Pique.

The Spaniard is currently on loan with homeland side Real Zaragoza and has little chance of breaking into the United first team next season.

As a result, the talented 20-year-old will consider his options when the transfer window reopens.

Rangers boss Walter Smith has reportedly been tracking the defender and is set to launch a shock summer swoop.

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=164666

Could be balls it's from fansfc.

Gerard Pique will leave a decision on his long-term future at Manchester United until the summer.

The Spanish defender is currently on loan at Real Zaragoza and the 20-year-old has cut an impressive figure in La Liga.

He has relished the opportunity of regular first-team football, having started just five matches during his time at Old Trafford.

The centre-half will return to the Premiership leaders at the end of the season and he is keen to make an impact under Sir Alex Ferguson.

But Pique acknowledged that, if he will only be a fringe member of the United squad he would prefer to stay with Zaragoza.

"My dream is to play in the Premier League and to be a regular," Pique told the Spanish media.

"But if the option is the second team, I prefer to continue with Zaragoza.

"For me the subject is on stand by until the end of the season.

"I am calm about my future and I only desire to play to demonstrate my condition."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Walter Smith is interested in Manchester United defender Gerard Pique.

The Spaniard is currently on loan with homeland side Real Zaragoza and has little chance of breaking into the United first team next season.

As a result, the talented 20-year-old will consider his options when the transfer window reopens.

Rangers boss Walter Smith has reportedly been tracking the defender and is set to launch a shock summer swoop.

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=164666

Could be balls it's from fansfc.

Lets hope its not because Pique would be an excellent signing! Watched him in the European Youth Championships in the summer and he was class and has also done well in La Liga this season as well from what Ive heard!

no because if we had something really good with pique, our manager wouldnt stuff it up this time... I also say bring back bardsley, lee martin had some great games for us and he also scored and set up a goal in stokes 2-1 win over southampton recently

Highly rated, strong defender. Would be a very good signing. Zaragoza have a deal with Man U that if he plays a certain number of games they can sign him/first option.

Where is the Martin fellow now?

Sitting on the bench at Stoke

Shame. he seemed to have somthing about him that lad.

Ah, well he has age on his side :)

Yeah for 1 game only(Hearts)

Lee Miller had one good game and stunk the joint out otherwise.

Bardsley was an even bigger headcase than Hutton. I prefer Hutton on current form.

I have never seen the young Spaniard at all, but after the above two players I am sceptical.

Mind you I will take WS's judgement over that of PLG anyday.

Lee Martin was a gutless wonder!

I don't believe for a second that he never recovered from his knee injury. From the moment he appeared on the seen he would be in the game until a challenge came his way and would sh*t it and disappear for the rest of the game.