Liverpool Fan Here

Garstonite

he reminds me of boumsong an cuellar they were both money grabbing bastards as well

Unlike Cuellar, Wilson admitted he wanted to leave Rangers

He's now going to develop his career playing alongside players like Fernando Torres, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard etc

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for giving us £5mill for a player we are never going to here of again,unless he comes back to scotland,apart from that he is going to be the forgotten man. he played good for us when he came in,but he only played some games for us,so he might have just been a "one season wonder" kind of a player,who knows.

You know this is going to happen for sure, do you?

he is a good player with a bright future but will be found out in the premiership ! ! !

2 be honest pissed off he didn`t stay 4 a while and learned his game more, could have done with him this season.

though we need the money it still wouldn`t hav stopped him turnin his back on us if we didn`t.

I really don't understand the abuse Danny Wilson gets from some of our fans

Okay, he's not our player anymore, but is there a need to call him a tim or a f*nian bastard?

I think he is a cracking player with a great future ahead of him. With Carragher getting on a bit, Kyrgiakos being pish. I reckon he'll be getting his chance very soon but the amount of chances he gets will solely depend on the fitness of both Agger and Skrtel in my opinion.

At the moment he is a very good player, he proved this last seaosn with us in the league and CL. If he continues to develope and gets games in the EPL he'll become a mainstay in the Liverpool side for years to come.

I think he is a cracking player with a great future ahead of him. With Carragher getting on a bit, Kyrgiakos being pish. I reckon he'll be getting his chance very soon but the amount of chances he gets will solely depend on the fitness of both Agger and Skrtel in my opinion.

At the moment he is a very good player, he proved this last seaosn with us in the league and CL. If he continues to develope and gets games in the EPL he'll become a mainstay in the Liverpool side for years to come.

And captain Scotland to 2018 World Cup glory :wink:

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Poor Liverpool. Wannabe player. Robbed!

Walter made him what he is. Good luck in the wilderness wee man. :wink:

He played a relatively short time under Walter :wink:

Well he's pretty much a centre back, could play LB. Has a good left foot, reads the game well, isn't afraid to hold his ground despite being young. Needs to develop a stronger mentality show more desire and personality on the pitch, but other than that I don't see why he can't be a squad player for Liverpool, but I'm not sure he's ready for Manure or Chelski.

I think Chivu is a good comparison, he has a decent left foot like Frank De Boer though, not as good clearly! However, you get the just. Is a second centre back, ie he doesn't really organise nor is he very aggressive.

Well he's pretty much a centre back, could play LB. Has a good left foot, reads the game well, isn't afraid to hold his ground despite being young. Needs to develop a stronger mentality show more desire and personality on the pitch, but other than that I don't see why he can't be a squad player for Liverpool, but I'm not sure he's ready for Manure or Chelski.

I think Chivu is a good comparison, he has a decent left foot like Frank De Boer though, not as good clearly! However, you get the just. Is a second centre back, ie he doesn't really organise nor is he very aggressive.

Liking the username mate :wink:

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan myself:D

oh and also good post lol (tu)

Well mate! you have got the idea as to what Danny Wilson will give you, so I won't add to what already has been said.

I've supported Rangers since 1952 and have also been a fan of Liverpool since 1963, so i had mixed feelings about him leaving.His good stroke of luck is Rafa leaving because Benitez would have killed his career stone dead.

In my opinion, he has left too early and should have stayed another 4 years at Ibrox before going to England, so I think he was badly advised.

The good thing for him may be Roy Hodgson who is more of a fatherly type coach than Benitez and will coax him along as he learns.....Of course! the kind of coach he really needed was Shankly...now that would have been a joy to see.

Wilson will be a better player than Hansen if he is given the chance to flourish...trust me.

Don't waste him for fuck sake.

My opinion is that he will struggle at Liverpool as he is too young for the 1st team and too young for the EPL.

He needed 1 or 2 more seasons at Rangers playing regularly at centre half to develop not only in terms of ability but maturity.

Positioning was suspect a few times and we lost a fair few goals when he was in the team but to be fair they weren't all attributed to Wilson.

He left Rangers because he is a Celtic fan and his heart simply wasn't in it.

In time he could become an excellent defender but it will be around 23,24 when he starts to mature and impose himself at that level.

For now i see him getting the odd Carling Cup game and playing reserve football for the next year or so and to be honest...hell mend him.

My opinion is that he will struggle at Liverpool as he is too young for the 1st team and too young for the EPL.

He needed 1 or 2 more seasons at Rangers playing regularly at centre half to develop not only in terms of ability but maturity.

Positioning was suspect a few times and we lost a fair few goals when he was in the team but to be fair they weren't all attributed to Wilson.

He left Rangers because he is a Celtic fan and his heart simply wasn't in it.

In time he could become an excellent defender but it will be around 23,24 when he starts to mature and impose himself at that level.

For now i see him getting the odd Carling Cup game and playing reserve football for the next year or so and to be honest...hell mend him.

He's nowhere near physically strong enough for the EPL, I'd agree there.

The ability he has with the ball at his feet is bewildering for a lad his age that's came through as a central defender, maybe a spell as a holding midfielder may work wonders for him.

But no, he was bullied by the likes of Mehmet and Sutton last year so I can't imagine him up against Drogba quite yet.

He wont be, by any stretch of the imagination, the worst defender in the EPL.

He's a confident, composed lad and seems to listen to advice from experienced professionals such as Davie Weir and, to a lesser extent, Lee McCulloch, therefore should take in a lot from players at Liverpool such as Gerrard (if he isnt being a moany cunt all the time) and Carragher.

He will have a torrid time against players like Drogba etc, but who doesnt?

If given a run against smaller teams, initially to gain confidence and familiarity, could eventually lead to a very promising career for Wilson.

Shame he didnt stay and try at the Gers longer, but he wanted to go and we dont want players who dont want to be here.

He is a young CB who in all honesty I feel has made a bad decision by joining Liverpool, and that is in no way a disrespect to Liverpool, but I feel he should have stayed with us for a couple of years longer and continue to develop alongside Davie Weir and learn from him, then if he wanted to look for a move then, even though he won't admit it, I think the chance of bright lights, money etc got to him, but I've also heard it's because of his girlfriend going to Uni in that area.

I wouldn't compare him to anyone except himself, as I hate the comparing a footballer to another player thing as they are individual in their own right.

I don't think he will make the Liverpool first team this coming season, unless Liverpool use a policy of playing younger players for experience in the Carling Cup, but if he gets his head down and works hard you will probably have an excellent defender on your hands for the future which in turn will give Rangers some extra cash.

If you do keep him long term then it wouldn't surprise me to see him being the captain of Scotland and possibly the captain of Liverpool one day as he is an intelligent young lad who speaks to his fellow defenders and ensures they hold the line etc.

whether he has made a mistake or not, only time will tell. What cannot be disputed, however, is that he has taken a huge risk in leaving a club, where he was a main squad player, in the limelight, and widely talked about, to going to a club, where he will be consigned, mainly, to the reserves, not in the limelight, and for much of the time ignored. This will be a test of his character; it could turn out that he will miss what he had at Rangers, losing the valuable experience of playing razor edged football in front of 50,000 people every second week. Big risk.

He lacks pace is poor positionally but is young and will adapt, not a player i rated to be honest and a player who would struggle to get in our team ahead of Webster.

Cant see him making it in the EPL as he does get bullied and is a bit slow.

Hello everyone,

I'm a Liverpool fan here. I regularly post on www.redandwhitekop.com and write regular features for the site.

This summer I thought I would attempt to do a write-up on our summer transfer activity. So far we've brought in a handful of players, one of which was of course Danny Wilson.

Being a young lad who has only really broken into the first team, I can't say I know too much about them so I thought I would join a Rangers board and ask people who can give me more of an insight.

I'll leave this fairly broad so if you don't wish to answer the questions directly, then fair enough, but here's a guideline of the sort of questions I'm looking for answers to:

What positions does he play in?

What attributes does he have?

Who would you compare him to?

Is he ready for first team football in the Premier League?

Thank-you very much. :)

What positions does he play in?

definately a centre half, could probably play left back if your reserve team are really struggling

What attributes does he have?

Decent man marker, good passer for a centre half, extremely left footed but that can be useful for obvious reasons

Who would you compare him to?

Guy Fawkes

Vidkun Quisling

Aldrich Ames

Benedict Arnold

The Rosenbergs

Wang Jingwei

Brutus

Jane Fonda

Robert Hanssen

and of course JUDAS (ISCARIOT), alll traitor, turncoat bastards

sorry mate but seriously, that guy is a wee money chasing rat. I recognise that LFC is a massive club, with excellent training facilities etc. but at his age, he needs to play, week in week out, he would have learnt his trade with a massive club and played in the champions league and won trophies before heading south. I feel particulary pissed off at this wee dickhead, I am not even sure he would have been starting 11 for us this year, so chances of cutting it in the EPL are slim.

Is he ready for first team football in the Premier League?

Is he fuk, i would wish him all the best but that would be a lie, wee prick.

All the best for the new season, interesting to see how Roy can rejuvenate the LFC dressing room.

He lacks pace is poor positionally but is young and will adapt, not a player i rated to be honest and a player who would struggle to get in our team ahead of Webster.

:huh:

:huh:

I went to every game he played bar the overseas games, if that doesn't qualify me to give an opinion nothing does surely.

Danny Wilson is a centre back, excellent composure on the ball, good passer, particularly good at the old Beckham 'quarter back' pinged pass across field, good timing in the tackle so rarely makes bad fouls, needs to put some strength work in but will fill out naturally, is never going to be a beast like micah richards but is a good athlete, could also improve his starting position at times but again given his age and experience this will come. 2 seasons time he could be in your team regularly if he develops as expected. this season he'll be a carling cup player.