Bounce Game Today

CANUCKBEAR10

I would sign barazite on up asap. TBH I wish it wasnt jst a loan deal, any1 coming through the Arsenal acadamy has to be good enough for us right now, especially a creative midfielder. Remember Georgios Efrem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eze07ApDDog) that we had, and never got a chance. according to www.imscouting.com which is a good reliable site for knowing their sheat, hes in their top 10 players to watch

as for welcome, hatrick scorers are hard to come by, and he probably wont start anyway, get him signed up, ye never kno, could be a steal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting our goalpower from Welcome, Jelavic, Beattie and Miller would be fantastic, with Barazite, Naismith, Wylde and hopefully another signing filling the wide areas.

I'd genuinely be happy with that.

As for Kerkar - according to wikipedia he's a 23 year old, French Algerian midfielder (doesn't specify which area of midfield).

He's been playing in Ligue 2 in France for the past couple of years.

I would sign barazite on up asap. TBH I wish it wasnt jst a loan deal, any1 coming through the Arsenal acadamy has to be good enough for us right now, especially a creative midfielder. Remember Georgios Efrem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eze07ApDDog) that we had, and never got a chance. according to www.imscouting.com which is a good reliable site for knowing their sheat, hes in their top 10 players to watch

as for welcome, hatrick scorers are hard to come by, and he probably wont start anyway, get him signed up, ye never kno, could be a steal

Agreed (tu)

By all accounts, Barazite playing just behind the front striker(s) would be a good idea as between him and Steven Davis, we would have two guys who can split defences in a blink of an eye.....Interesting possibility awaits if Walter wants to be adventurous. :pipe:(tu)

IAN Maxwell watched his Partick Thistle side taken apart by Rangers yesterday, with trialists Nacer Barazite and Georgie Welcome starring as Beauty and the Beast.

The Jags player-coach took charge of the First Division side in a 5-0 closed-door defeat at Murray Park.And he gave the pair rave reviews and insists both could earn deals with the Ibrox club.

Rangers also had Dutch winger Etienne Esajas on show but the former Sheffield Wednesday man didn't catch the eye.

And Maxwell believes ex-Calais midfielder Salim Kerkar - another trialist who had been recommended by his friend and countryman Ibrox star Madjid Bougherra - could land a deal from Walter Smith.

Maxwell was underwhelmed by Honduran striker Welcome's general play but says it's impossible not to be impressed by his scoring instinct - as he bagged a hat-trick.

He said: "All his goals were different.

For his first he lashed in a shot after brilliant play by Barazite. His second came from a back-post header after a corner and for his third he ran through and finished after outmuscling our young defender before sticking it away.

"He certainly doesn't possess a particularly good touch but he's a real handful as he's a big lump of a boy.

"He's strong, always tries to back into defenders and get in their faces. He does the ugly part of a striker's play well but there is no finesse about him.

"Welcome has all the requirements to be an effective target man as the one thing he showed was an instinct for a goal.

"It says it all that he fell well short of standing out - yet here we are still talking about the fact he scored a hat-trick.

"It's the kind of situation Kris Boyd found himself in. He'd be given a critical review yet he'd be carrying the match ball away with him at the end.

"And Maxwell was full of praise for Arsenal's Barazite.He said: "Barazite is a class act. He has a wonderful touch and grace about his play and picks his passes brilliantly.Sensation "But it's his ability to play in the hole and the difficulty we had in picking him up that caught my eye.

"He was given a free role and was on the left, the right and the centre and operated in areas where nobody really wants to pick you up.

"Defensively he isn't going to work back the park but he has such great feet and he's big and strong. He has a wee bit of everything and was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

"He had the trademark poise and elegant touch on the ball and was exactly what I would expect from an Arsenal player. He's a star turn and could be a sensation in Scottish football.

"I'm sure Rangers will be pulling out all the stops to get him. He could be a key man for them and a huge influence in a creative role from midfield."Esajas was quiet and never really managed to get too involved.

"But we knew all about Kerkar. He played for Motherwell last week and terrorised us.

"At Murray Park he scored but wasn't as effective. He's direct, strong and talented and could be an option for Rangers."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/2010/08/18/rangers-trialists-barazite-and-welcome-deserve-ibrox-deals-says-maxwell-86908-22495268/

Looks like Brazite was the pick of the bunch and as we are screaming for that kind of talent (or close to it even ..) i hope we sign him, loan or permanent.

Welcome ... big lump of a guy but has an eye for goal. Not sure about this. Do we sign him or is he any better than the strikers in our youth set up? I would not want to sacrifice the chance for your youth players such are Rory Loy et al to be disheartened because we sign a lump of a player with no discernable skill, except for scoring goals ... (Christ !!, have i just describes Boyd there ?? craphead2.gif )

The Algerian midfielder, don't know .. not alot described about him so can't comment.

Esajas ... no chance, already failed to win deals in 2 other trials, not good enough IMO.

Looks like Brazite was the pick of the bunch and as we are screaming for that kind of talent (or close to it even ..) i hope we sign him, loan or permanent.

Welcome ... big lump of a guy but has an eye for goal. Not sure about this. Do we sign him or is he any better than the strikers in our youth set up? I would not want to sacrifice the chance for your youth players such are Rory Loy et al to be disheartened because we sign a lump of a player with no discernable skill, except for scoring goals ... (Christ !!, have i just describes Boyd there ?? craphead2.gif )

The Algerian midfielder, don't know .. not alot described about him so can't comment.

Esajas ... no chance, already failed to win deals in 2 other trials, not good enough IMO.

Exactly mate i had this debate yesterday who had wrote the lad off despite having never seen him play. You give him a chance to impress and if it dosent work then you leave him alone and move on. It was like talking to a lamp post right enough

Rory Loy came on yesterday and played the last 20 minutes in a holding midfield role but still managed to score a goal. He has scored in virtually every game he has started in pre season (currently 7 goals or so) and scored 15 in 9 games for the reserves last season before a disastrous loan spell to St Mirren where he was never given a chance. Surprising he is not being given more of a chance at Rangers in the current climate